The Student Room Group

GCSE GYG - 1st Year

Ok so all of my courses are 9-1, and I want to achieve the following grades by the end of the year, to help with Year 10 and 11. To start with, the next IAGs are coming out at the end of the term. These Internal Assessment Grades give you a target and say whether you’re on it or not, or above.. So I’ll be working towards these - December 13th!

I’ve done several assessments for each subject, and these are my personal targets:

Spoiler

After a couple assessments/IAGs/Reports, these are my approximate average grades for each, colour coded for performance:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Won’t seem to let me edit that any further, but my grades are definitely better than last year.
To improve, I’m going to:

Use TSR’s study timetable and resources

Revise more thoroughly

Do practice questions more

Thanks for reading!
Original post by frankielogue
Ok so all of my courses are 9-1, and I want to achieve the following grades by the end of the year, to help with Year 10 and 11. To start with, the next IAGs are coming out at the end of the term. These Internal Assessment Grades give you a target and say whether you’re on it or not, or above.. So I’ll be working towards these - December 13th!

I’ve done several assessments for each subject, and these are my personal targets:

Spoiler

After a couple assessments, these are my approximate average grades for each, colour coded for performance:

Spoiler

Won’t seem to let me edit that any further, but my grades are definitely better than last year.
To improve, I’m going to:

Use TSR’s study timetable and resources

Revise more thoroughly

Do practice questions more

Thanks for reading!

Fabulous stuff frankie :ahee:
Keep it up!
Also, should you ever need a hand with anything, just gimme a call :hugs:
Impressive start! I wish you every success!
Original post by CheeseIsVeg
Fabulous stuff frankie :ahee:
Keep it up!
Also, should you ever need a hand with anything, just gimme a call :hugs:
Impressive start! I wish you every success!

Thanks! Wish you all the best with A2! I might PM you when my physics test starts to come up :colondollar:
Thanks! Wish you all the best with A2! I might PM you when my physics test starts to come up :colondollar:

:hugs: Sorry no notif for this :erm:
Thank you!
Do :wink:
Update 1:
French vocab test on monday - yikes :unsure:but i’m already starting to get to grips with it.
Also started revising for the Unit 2 maths test coming up in a week or so.
Update 2:
So over the weekend I covered all of Unit 2 in maths, which I’ll do again this week.
French test today! yikes
Update 2:
So over the weekend I covered all of Unit 2 in maths, which I’ll do again this week.
French test today! yikes

Bonne chance mon ami! :france: :woo: :rave:
Bonne chance mon ami! :france: :woo: :rave:

19/20! Wanted full marks but who cares - cheeky bugger put in questions from a previous test! mistook “tout” for “tu” :/
19/20! Wanted full marks but who cares - cheeky bugger put in questions from a previous test! mistook “tout” for “tu” :/

Mais c'est absolument fantastique :rave: :party: je suis fière de toi :hugs:
Mais c'est absolument fantastique :rave: :party: je suis fière de toi :hugs:

Merçi beacoup!
Merçi beacoup!

de rien :mmm:
Update 2:
- Maths test friday! Got full marks on practice test so yahoo
- Got a 5 in english extract question, one mark off a 6 :/ so roughly the same as year 8 exam though - not so bad. equivalent to gcse 7/A
Hi,
Your maths grades are really good how do you revise ? Also i need to get 9 in my maths exam and at the moment i am losing hope any way you can help ?
Original post by Rayan121212
Hi,
Your maths grades are really good how do you revise ? Also i need to get 9 in my maths exam and at the moment i am losing hope any way you can help ?

Thanks! I usually just do question after question etc. - what year are you in? pm me if you need help up until y11 because i got 92/100 on a gcse paper so i should be ok up until y11
Update 3:
- Maths test moved to monday!!
- French hw right now, test monday
- Chemistry test next wednesday, i got 24/29, or an 8 in a take-home test!
- Biology test next week sometime

yikes so many tests
Update 3:
- Maths test moved to monday!!
- French hw right now, test monday
- Chemistry test next wednesday, i got 24/29, or an 8 in a take-home test!
- Biology test next week sometime

yikes so many tests

best of luck frankie! I know you can do it! :smile: Hope I helped you!
best of luck frankie! I know you can do it! :smile: Hope I helped you!

thanks! you did! :smile:
thanks! you did! :smile:

:hugs: de rien!
Update 4:
- Maths, french reading/listening and voacb test tomorrow, yikes :colondollar:
- Bio test monday or thursday
- Chemistry test wednesday

Christ help me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending