The Student Room Group

I can't forget him!!!!!

How do you forget soemone? Btw the guy I'm talking about never did anythin wrong or hurt me, he was absolutely perfect. For various reasons we just can't be together... So it's worse because I can't even hate him! I can't forget him, everything reminds me of him, and I get really emotional.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't know what to do. I will never love anybody as much as him ever again- yes I might love again, but not like him!:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I don't know what to do. I will never love anybody as much as him ever again- yes I might love again, but not like him!:frown:

You sound like me with an ex, if you can't go back than suck it up and move on, what I'd do if there was no chance...
why can't you go back to him?
have you spoken to him lately? if not maybe it would be worth trying to let him know just how much you feel for him and just wait, if nothing else happens you may not feel so bad for trying. its a chance, but if you don't take that chance you are not going to be able to get him out of your system and may feel regret forever. you love this man so why not tell him if you haven't already. it you have and you still haven't got any further then maybe it is time to try and look for someone new. good luck. im sure he would appreciate knowing how you really feel rather than just guessing his situation and maybe trying to guess the outcome. things change and you might be lucky enough if he is single to get your love for him felt and acknowledged. if it doesn't work, don't feel too bad; you will have tried. and that has got to be better than getting emotional every time you are reminded of what you lost/could have had/had and let go.

go on....if you love this person, let them know; if you cannot be with them then at least you will be clearer in your mind that it cannot happen and that you at least expressed how you felt. the worst that they can say is no. but you might meet someone who can say yes and that they love you in time. scary sometimes, but like I say, its a healthier place than you are in at the moment.
Reply 5
Original post by bluedog123
have you spoken to him lately? if not maybe it would be worth trying to let him know just how much you feel for him and just wait, if nothing else happens you may not feel so bad for trying. its a chance, but if you don't take that chance you are not going to be able to get him out of your system and may feel regret forever. you love this man so why not tell him if you haven't already. it you have and you still haven't got any further then maybe it is time to try and look for someone new. good luck. im sure he would appreciate knowing how you really feel rather than just guessing his situation and maybe trying to guess the outcome. things change and you might be lucky enough if he is single to get your love for him felt and acknowledged. if it doesn't work, don't feel too bad; you will have tried. and that has got to be better than getting emotional every time you are reminded of what you lost/could have had/had and let go.

go on....if you love this person, let them know; if you cannot be with them then at least you will be clearer in your mind that it cannot happen and that you at least expressed how you felt. the worst that they can say is no. but you might meet someone who can say yes and that they love you in time. scary sometimes, but like I say, its a healthier place than you are in at the moment.

Thank you so much for your advice- I think the main reason I am so emotional is because there was never any closure.:frown:
Reply 6
Original post by ckfeister
You sound like me with an ex, if you can't go back than suck it up and move on, what I'd do if there was no chance...

The thing is some days are better than others. But then some days everything I do reminds me of him, and I get really emotional.:frown:
The thing is some days are better than others. But then some days everything I do reminds me of him, and I get really emotional.:frown:

What are these reasons you speak of and when was the last time you spoke to him/met him?
Reply 8
Original post by cbreef
What are these reasons you speak of and when was the last time you spoke to him/met him?

About 5 months ago now:frown: What do you mean the reasons I speak of?
Consider yourself lucky. Some beings like:

Spoiler

Suffer from short rememory loss.
About 5 months ago now:frown: What do you mean the reasons I speak of?

Reasons you can't be together.
Original post by cbreef
Reasons you can't be together.

It's complicated don't really know how to explain it. PM me if you like.
It's complicated don't really know how to explain it. PM me if you like.

I don't know your username :colonhash: Did you rep my post?
Original post by cbreef
I don't know your username :colonhash: Did you rep my post?

No. Why would I rep a post on my own thread?
No. Why would I rep a post on my own thread?

How can I PM someone I don't know the username of? You gotta tell me :redface:
ah, it sounds like you are really feeling sad about this guy. not getting closure is difficult, is it that you didn't give him closure or that he didn't give you closure? I'm a just wondering whether you are able to talk to him if it was you who didn't give closure, or is there a way you can give an apology and explain things if you didn't give closure, or is it that he wasn't or couldn't speak to you about why things fell apart.

when you spoke to him 5 months ago was everything ok? or was it awkward a bit?

do you have his details to write to him or get a message to him or anything. I think you have to get your feelings to him because only he can give you closure, but it doesn't sound like you want closure, its sounds like you want to get back with him! nothing wrong with that, but; I don't think you can realistically do anything until you talk to him or write to him and see what he feels about you and this situation.

if you find out he's not into you then you will have a bit more closure, but if he still likes you you might be able to meet up.

but talking online to everyone but him cannot give you the real answers in this situation, you have to find the courage to talk to this guy.

maybe he feels down too because he hasn't got closure or he would like to talk to you.
maybe things he does reminds him of you too?

not having closure may be you realising he means a lot to you. so you are getting emotional. if this man has done nothing wrong, then not having spoken to him for so long may be really hard for him too!!!!!

do you know if he is single? do you know if he likes you still? did you go out together or was it just you wanted each other?

what makes you sure you cant be with him, can you talk to him,

he may be able to think of ways that you hadn't thought of that you can be together, if he likes you and wants to be with you. but you wont find that out unless you talk to him!

IF you are serious about sorting this out you are going to have to talk to him. unless you are prepared to do that I think you are never going to going to get over this. and will date other guys not really wanting them. if this guy is perfect for you you can find a way.
Yes this guy is perfect for me! He says he loves me also, and I do know it is true. Yeah I'm being a bit of a coward aren't I? What I'm scared of is that I will date other guys or maybe even marry when I'm older but I will not love them like him, or even love ever again. Thank you for your advice!:smile:
[QUOTE="Anonymous;68406282"]

ah, it sounds like you are really feeling sad about this guy. not getting closure is difficult, is it that you didn't give him closure or that he didn't give you closure? I'm a just wondering whether you are able to talk to him if it was you who didn't give closure, or is there a way you can give an apology and explain things if you didn't give closure, or is it that he wasn't or couldn't speak to you about why things fell apart.

when you spoke to him 5 months ago was everything ok? or was it awkward a bit?

do you have his details to write to him or get a message to him or anything. I think you have to get your feelings to him because only he can give you closure, but it doesn't sound like you want closure, its sounds like you want to get back with him! nothing wrong with that, but; I don't think you can realistically do anything until you talk to him or write to him and see what he feels about you and this situation.

if you find out he's not into you then you will have a bit more closure, but if he still likes you you might be able to meet up.

but talking online to everyone but him cannot give you the real answers in this situation, you have to find the courage to talk to this guy.

maybe he feels down too because he hasn't got closure or he would like to talk to you.
maybe things he does reminds him of you too?

not having closure may be you realising he means a lot to you. so you are getting emotional. if this man has done nothing wrong, then not having spoken to him for so long may be really hard for him too!!!!!

do you know if he is single? do you know if he likes you still? did you go out together or was it just you wanted each other?

what makes you sure you cant be with him, can you talk to him,

he may be able to think of ways that you hadn't thought of that you can be together, if he likes you and wants to be with you. but you wont find that out unless you talk to him!

IF you are serious about sorting this out you are going to have to talk to him. unless you are prepared to do that I think you are never going to going to get over this. and will date other guys not really wanting them. if this guy is perfect for you you can find a way.

Yes this guy is perfect for me! He says he loves me also, and I do know it is true. Yeah I'm being a bit of a coward aren't I? What I'm scared of is that I will date other guys or maybe even marry when I'm older but I will not love them like him, or even love ever again. Thank you for your advice!:smile:

Hey, you gotta tell him! you know he loves you and i think (I feel i "know") lol...that you LOVE HIM TOO!!!! we can all see you like this guy, you wouldnt be so upset if there werent any feelings there. but thats a nice thing i think, shows ya care.

don't wait for love, life is too short. i bet he would love to hear from you.

you are smiling now in emoji, thats nice. i challenge you to drop him a line by sunday lunch time (what dya think?) and get back to us to tell us how brave you are.

hmmm....you don't have to stay a coward if thats what you think youve been in this situation. it wont achieve anything good running from your feelings.

im only gonna say this to you once more. TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL (before some one else does)!

send a text, once its sent that's it...go on, i dare you!!!! :smile: good luck,
you can do this.

and il bet having read your original message; there are one or two people out there secretly wishing and hoping you were actually talking about them!!!

let us know how you get on. ps. do we need to get out or best wedding outfits? lol.
Hey, you gotta tell him! you know he loves you and i think (I feel i "know":wink: lol...that you LOVE HIM TOO!!!! we can all see you like this guy, you wouldnt be so upset if there werent any feelings there. but thats a nice thing i think, shows ya care.

don't wait for love, life is too short. i bet he would love to hear from you.

you are smiling now in emoji, thats nice. i challenge you to drop him a line by sunday lunch time (what dya think?) and get back to us to tell us how brave you are.

hmmm....you don't have to stay a coward if thats what you think youve been in this situation. it wont achieve anything good running from your feelings.

im only gonna say this to you once more. TELL HIM HOW YOU FEEL (before some one else does)!

send a text, once its sent that's it...go on, i dare you!!!! :smile: good luck,
you can do this.

and il bet having read your original message; there are one or two people out there secretly wishing and hoping you were actually talking about them!!!

let us know how you get on. ps. do we need to get out or best wedding outfits? lol.

Aww thank you, you are such a sweet person I'm gonna cry!:h: Yes, I love him with all my heart- I am very sure of that!:smile: I accept your challenge and I'll get back to you on monday. I secretly wish he could read this too...:frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending