The Student Room Group

If you support Trump, you are destroying our culture

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Davij038
As Steve Hilton writes a law in banking regulation was pretty much drafted by Citigroup bank.

He's a smarmy, uber wealthy right wing b*stard who pretends he speaks up for the poor.

Like a mini version of Murdoch.
Original post by 0to100
Are you actually old?

For a carrot? Yes. For a head of lettuce, even more so. For a mountain, I am not yet begun in years. For a man, I am just right.

lmao fox news no thanks

Original post by ThatOldGuy
For a carrot? Yes. For a head of lettuce, even more so. For a mountain, I am not yet begun in years. For a man, I am just right.

:cry2: that was beautiful.
Original post by 0to100
lmao fox news no thanks

Lol that was just funny 🙊😂
Reply 85
Original post by 0to100
lmao fox news no thanks

It contains a video of what she says maybe you should actually click the link before dismissing something, you probably think CNN is the pinnacle of journalism.

Or do you not believe Hillary's own words?
Original post by joecphillips
It contains a video of what she says maybe you should actually click the link before dismissing something, you probably think CNN is the pinnacle of journalism.

Or do you not believe Hillary's own words?

Well I'll jot it down in my diary of things to watch but ok let's say she's besties with a klansman...

and?

So you're using this as a reason to dissuade people from voting for her, which means you think for purposes of this argument anyway that racism is a significant reason not to vote for someone. Otherwise I don't know why you're mentioning it. That brings us to Trump, who is also racist, so you actually make no sense right now.

They're both racist criminals. What's left now is logic, common sense and political expertise to separate the two...

I can only think of one person but who knows? Trump being in office might rock the boat in the right direction so whatever.
I don't support Trump but just cuz someone else does, it doesn't make them automatically racist or "destroying the culture" as you put it.
Do I support him or have his ideals? No. But can I respect someone else as a human being for supporting him? Yes. You don't have to like him or argue with him but at least let people be entitled to support whoever without making assumptions or "rude" about it.

BTW I didn't read that incredible long essay. I just responded to the title.
Reply 88
Original post by 0to100
Well I'll jot it down in my diary of things to watch but ok let's say she's besties with a klansman...

and?

So you're using this as a reason to dissuade people from voting for her, which means you think for purposes of this argument anyway that racism is a significant reason not to vote for someone. Otherwise I don't know why you're mentioning it. That brings us to Trump, who is also racist, so you actually make no sense right now.

They're both racist criminals. What's left now is logic, common sense and political expertise to separate the two...

I can only think of one person but who knows? Trump being in office might rock the boat in the right direction so whatever.

I bring it up as the op said don't vote for trump the kkk endorse him he isn't responsible for who endorses him but Hillary is responsible for the people she has associated with.
Original post by AlexanderHam
Agree. How does a candidate who is basically a Russian shill make America stronger?

Ahh, I can see you're a big fan of the rule of law and the presumption of innocence.

What crime has she committed? When was she convicted? I didn't hear about any such conviction.

I agree mostly with what you've said and you're right Hillary hasn't been convicted of any crimes (innocent until proven guilty). But she is guilty of some rather shady and immoral practices. I would still vote for her though over that delinquent any day.

Do you really think she will raise the minimum wage to $12 an hour? (I hope she does but I am sceptical).
Original post by SmileyVibe
I don't support Trump but just cuz someone else does, it doesn't make them automatically racist or "destroying the culture" as you put it.
Do I support him or have his ideals? No. But can I respect someone else as a human being for supporting him? Yes. You don't have to like him or argue with him but at least let people be entitled to support whoever without making assumptions or "rude" about it.

BTW I didn't read that incredible long essay. I just responded to the title.

Well I'm afraid your opinion on this matter holds no weight.
Holy ****.
Original post by cbreef
Well I'm afraid your opinion on this matter holds no weight.

Well I was afraid of that or already knew, lol.
Original post by SmileyVibe
Well I was afraid of that or already knew, lol.

I don't blame you for not reading it though. :biggrin: It took me a solid 5 minutes or more.
Original post by cbreef
I don't blame you for not reading it though. :biggrin: It took me a solid 5 minutes or more.

Reading a 5 page paper about Trump supporters "destroying" culture isn't really my thing and I just saw the title and figured it was the summary.
Reply 95
I know several Polish people at college who wanted us to leave. When I told them that it could affect their future here, they said that they also wanted Poland to leave.
Reply 96
Obviously, like most Trumpkins (particularly the British ones), your very poor understanding of the American political system is a big obstacle to you having anything intelligible to say on the subject.

Hillary Clinton has not been the president for the last 30 years; in fact, she's never been president. She certainly wasn't president in 2003 when Iraq was invaded at the behest of a Republican president.

what a sad strawman
I didn't say she INITIATED it, I said she SUPPORTED it
congress had a vote on it, meaning it could only happen via its consent, and she GAVE that consent as a senator

Again, confusion reigns on your part; Hillary Clinton wasn't president when the Libyan campaign occurred. In fact, President Obama didn't even want to get involved; Sarkozy and Cameron were very keen to save the people of Benghazi from being slaughtered in their tens of thousands by that lunatic Ghaddafi and said they were going to intervene.

she was the sec. of state! that is the equivalent of the foreign sec in a parliamentary government - it was her responsibility - she was in charge of that department when things hit the fan and that's why she resigned

So she's a warmonger for being in the administration when American forces were involved in the Libyan campaign, and she's a warmonger for not sending American forces into Libya to secure Benghazi? Try to get your story straight.

no - I said she was involved in the lack of security in benghazi that was ultimately the reason americans died - that's why you don't have situations like this in other regions - because there *has* been security there whereas she was too negligent to account for the security of the embassy in that region - that was on her as the head of that part of the administration. if you're saying that EVERYTHING that happens via the executive is the responsnbility of the president as the only member of it that is directly elected, does that mean basically that the sec of state has absolutely no responsibilities and that absolute responsibility is held purely by the president? so why did she resign then?!

You're utterly clueless. What are you babbling about now? She wasn't "chucked out of public office". She was the Secretary of State for Obama's first term. She was not interested in serving again in his second term as she expected to spend 2013-2016 building up to the 2016 election and laying the groundwork.

lmao

You seem to think she was some kind of elected official who was thrown out by the voters. Again, clueless mate.

no I never ****ing said that! she did it for the integrity of that regime! they couldn't allow somebody to continue after doing something like that

Oh my god, you are a complete moron. You genuinely don't have a clue. After this comment I'm adding you to my ignore list.

coward. absolute ****ing coward. go on then, shy away from the matter. I don't give a ****. you ought to be embarrassed though.

Leaving aside the fact that Trump said that Syria should be left to ISIS as a "free zone" (in other words, Trump wanted to surrender to ISIS), when ISIS was just starting out and developing in Syria in late 2011 and early 2012, Clinton as Secretary of State, the CIA director Petraeus and SecDef Panetta went to President Obama and tried to convince him to intervene in Syria to support the rebels; they said that if they didn't then Islamists and Al-Qaeda would fill the vacuum and the intelligence was very clear that they already were. Clinton was right. Of course even if they had gone in you'd call her a warmonger, but if the US doesn't go in you say she's supporting ISIS (in other words, whatever the situation no matter what she does you will attack and blame her).

she supported the rebels - she supported the groups in syria that ultimately became ISIS. I'm not saying she KNEW this would eventually be the case - it is simply a matter of ignorance and recklessness. they should never have even touched syria.

Anyway, from your incoherent babbling, your laughable lack of knowledge of recent history, your utter confusion of the American political system, it's extremely clear that you are of below average intelligence. You're not even at the average level of intelligence, it's obvious you are somewhat below the norm (I'm not saying that to be mean, it's objectively factual); as such no matter what I say you are probably going to struggle to keep up and contribute in any serious way to this conversation. So I think it's best we leave it there. I hope your obvious embitterment and conspiracy obsession works out for you.

yeah that's cute, champ. if that's what makes you feel superior.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by joecphillips
So someone who was a high ranked kkk member is the type of person a president should be meeting with?

Here is Robert Byrd with Reagan

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/license/515303116

Here is Byrd with Nelson Mandela

Here is Byrd with Pope John Paul II

Here is Obama at Byrd's memorial service

But you say it is inappropriate for Hilary Clinton to meet him

That is a status quo I would always vote for and defend in the face of a man who spits on the traditions of Anglo-American civilisation; of our tradition for rule of law and democratic norms, of Magna Carta and the Glorious Revolution. I would vote for Clinton every day over a man who openly admits he intends to rule as a fascist dictator.

The Rule of Law is a thinner veneer than you may imagine and you only have to look at some of the reactions to the High Court decision on Brexit to see that.

The London Mob targeted the great judge Lord Mansfield during the Gordon Riots. Those riots were anti-Catholic but Mansfield wasn't Catholic. He was simply seen as having insufficient hatred towards Catholics.

The Mob cares nothing for the Rule of Law and politicians are deeming it to be in their interests to stir up the Mob.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending