The Student Room Group

year 12

in Year 12 and it is now November am i still considered early in school year?
Are you talking in terms of revision?

If you are then no don't think so. I've started weeks ago for my mocks in December and will carry on throughout the year. Not making the same mistake I made for GCSEs again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Freshstart123

Kind of. If it's for revsison then it's never too early.
Reply 3
Original post by Transitory

Not quite
Original post by Transitory

i mean i have real exams in may is there still lots of time to revise and improve
i mean i have real exams in may is there still lots of time to revise and improve

It depends how quick of a leaner you are. For some people it takes longer to learn.
Original post by DamnDaniel2
Are you talking in terms of revision?

If you are then no don't think so. I've started weeks ago for my mocks in December and will carry on throughout the year. Not making the same mistake I made for GCSEs again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ive started revsiion from day one, i mean is like november considered early in the school year and is there time to revise for the real exams and to improve
Original post by Arkasia
Not quite

Ok. :smile:

I honestly think you have plenty of time and you will do well (I think you have 180+ days till exam starts). Just stay consistent in revision and keep going back over stuff you have learnt every couple of days. Whenever you do an exam paper write down your weak topic and if you can try writing those questions on a paper and come back to it 3-4 days later and answer it in your own words. Also your attitude towards your revision (almost anything) makes a huge difference, if you tell yourself you can do this and think its not hard at all you will find it easier. Btw I did my AS and A2 exams all together last year whilst working and came out with AAC (Maths, Chemistry and Geography), resitting 4 exams in may/june and I started my revision in november as I had to find a job that was close to me and pay for my exams butit all worked out in the end (sort of as I was unhappy with the overall C grade in geography). Best of luck, just stay motivated and you will be fine
Original post by Raizelcadres
I honestly think you have plenty of time and you will do well (I think you have 180+ days till exam starts). Just stay consistent in revision and keep going back over stuff you have learnt every couple of days. Whenever you do an exam paper write down your weak topic and if you can try writing those questions on a paper and come back to it 3-4 days later and answer it in your own words. Also your attitude towards your revision (almost anything) makes a huge difference, if you tell yourself you can do this and think its not hard at all you will find it easier. Btw I did my AS and A2 exams all together last year whilst working and came out with AAC (Maths, Chemistry and Geography), resitting 4 exams in may/june and I started my revision in november as I had to find a job that was close to me and pay for my exams butit all worked out in the end (sort of as I was unhappy with the overall C grade in geography). Best of luck, just stay motivated and you will be fine

Omg thank you so much for your advice, and well done on your grades. I have been revsisng since the first day but I am like properly starting tomorrow, and i just feel like November is way too late. Like do you really think it is still considered early and that i have time to revise. Btw since you got an A in chem what are your tips and what do you recommend to do when revsisng for chem.
Omg thank you so much for your advice, and well done on your grades. I have been revsisng since the first day but I am like properly starting tomorrow, and i just feel like November is way too late. Like do you really think it is still considered early and that i have time to revise. Btw since you got an A in chem what are your tips and what do you recommend to do when revsisng for chem.

Oh thank you. Honestly you have time and its never to late to start however don't start thinking if you just put in some effort you would get your grades, you need to put all of your effort in. When I would come home from work, my legs would hurt and I would be so tired however I kept telling myself that I just need to suffer now and will be able to relax in the future. When it was late at night and everyone was asleep, depression would hit me and I would start thinking I'm going to fail and how everyone would mock me if that were to happen. I got over it eventually and started believing that the more I revise the closer I am to my goal that. For chemistry I printed the specification and every time I would finish going over a unit I would make sure I know everything that is required. Past papers are key, in the exam the structure of the questions are different and often would confused me even though I would know the answer. Definitions are the easiest as its just memorizing but will help if you remember quicker if you understand it. I used youtube channels like E rintoul (search it on youtube) to go over stuff I didn't understand. For the calculations just practice, I'm horrible at maths but with practice I got better, theres a lot worksheets online where you can practice. All the best and let me know next year how you do. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest