The Student Room Group

UCAS help!

Hi :smile:
I have currently just finished my UCAS application and I have put my personal statement in and it has come up with another copy of it which has substituted characters within it. So when I click on 'view all' I have two copies of my personal statement and in my substituted version the only difference is that it has a '#' (or several) at the end of each paragraph. I just want some clarification on whether this is normal or not.
Many thanks.
Reply 1
Hi
I have currently just finished my UCAS application and I have put my personal statement in and it has come up with another copy of it which has substituted characters within it. So when I click on 'view all' I have two copies of my personal statement and in my substituted version the only difference is that it has a '#' (or several) at the end of each paragraph. I just want some clarification on whether this is normal or not.
Many thanks.
@PQ any insight?
Original post by existential
Hi
Many thanks.

If you did it on a Mac that can make it come up with character substitution, or if you use any accents (I got it for using café). As for those #s it is probably a result of spare spaces at the end of paragraphs.

Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by BasilBrick
If you did it on a Mac that can make it come up with character substitution, or if you use any accents (I got it for using café). As for those #s it is probably a result of spare spaces at the end of paragraphs.

Good luck!

I used some numbers and an 'ë' so it may be that! The '#'s won't affect anything will they?
Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending