The Student Room Group

I've picked my head off. :(

I have five or six scabs on the top of my head that have been there for about two weeks.

My hair is thinning extremely, so when I run my hands through my hair, I usually end up finding the scabs and picking at them. My crown is getting really close to being bald now, probably made worse by the disruption that picking the scabs does to the hair (I.e, pulling out hair, preventing it from growing in those spots, etc).

I looked in the mirror at the top of my head (using another mirror- so looking at a mirror in a mirror. You know the sort of thing) and it looks horrible. It looked bad when it was just really thin on top, but now I have noticeable scabs, too. I'm too scared to sit in front of anyone in lectures :frown:

I can't just stop touching them seeing as I'm usually touching my head every 10 minutes or so, especially when I'm trying to do work.

What can I do?!
:frown:
Put some ointment on to stop it from getting irritating and wrap it up to prevent constant touching.

Cover up with a hat in lectures; some sort of beanie.
Reply 2
Original post by Wiggly
I have five or six scabs on the top of my head that have been there for about two weeks.

My hair is thinning extremely, so when I run my hands through my hair, I usually end up finding the scabs and picking at them. My crown is getting really close to being bald now, probably made worse by the disruption that picking the scabs does to the hair (I.e, pulling out hair, preventing it from growing in those spots, etc).

I looked in the mirror at the top of my head (using another mirror- so looking at a mirror in a mirror. You know the sort of thing) and it looks horrible. It looked bad when it was just really thin on top, but now I have noticeable scabs, too. I'm too scared to sit in front of anyone in lectures :frown:

I can't just stop touching them seeing as I'm usually touching my head every 10 minutes or so, especially when I'm trying to do work.

What can I do?!
:frown:

Use someting like germoline or savlon to aid healing and reduce irritation and wear a hat to cover it up and stop yourself from picking at it so much. It's getting cold out now so a hat won't look silly. Also try to be gentle when washing and brushing your hair etc.

Once the scabs are healed well you could see a hairdresser to get your hair styled so any thin patches don't show too much :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest