The Student Room Group

Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nomophobia
You can always figure it out when you get an interview lol. Aww, that's a shame. But are you from Scotland? Just asking cuz you've applied to only Scottish unis and I was gonna apply to Glasgow but my UKCAT wasn't good enough :frown:

Yes exactly lmao

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, Inshallah it goes well for you. x

Yes, I'm from Scotland and my UKCAT isn't great but I like the uni too much. Plus I'm not hesitant about taking a gap year - if I don't get in first time. :smile:
Original post by Jeff458(#22)
Ah right. That's really good of you though! Not many girls have the confidence to pull off something like that so nice one tbh.
Plus it means I probably am more anxious about my hair as a guy than you are as a girl!!! XD

Hahahaha niceeee

Haha, don't worry I'm sure your hair will look great lol.

And why thank you that means a lot. :smile:
Would an Armani watch be too flashy? I bought two of them in the Summer (Dad said they would look nice) but now I am thinking it may be over the top a wee bit.

Tbh, that's the only questions I have about what to wear to interview. You girls really do obsess over fashion!!!

Bruh, are you a millionaire or something?? Lol the other day you were like your parents are going to be you an Audi and you've got not one, but two flipping Armani watches!!!

And I don't know, it really depends, I think it depends on the interviewers and how they take it tbh. Wear something that's you but not too casual. So if an Armani watch resonates with you then do it, but if you're not sure I'd patch it.

And bro, I really don't like come one, I can't afford clothes from any high end shops like Topshop or something, so I was really splashing out with that blazer that cost me £18 from Matalan XD - bloody hell! It's not even got sleeves, but it is nice tho - I think it's the best piece of clothing I own tbh. XD

Note: after posting this I googled armani watches and I think it'd be okay and not too flashy XD
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Nuba123
Yeah, Inshallah it goes well for you. x

Yes, I'm from Scotland and my UKCAT isn't great but I like the uni too much. Plus I'm not hesitant about taking a gap year - if I don't get in first time. :smile:

Insh Allah same for you.

Ahh I get you, I really liked the uni as well but it wasn't worth the risk cuz I'm already apply to 2 risky unis. Me neither, but I'm still gonna try this year, what will you do in your gap year if you take one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
Haha, don't worry I'm sure your hair will look great lol.

And why thank you that means a lot. :smile:

I was thinking of getting the Ronaldo kind of haircuty style (really wanting this) but my mum thinks the interviewers will judge me as a junkie :/
Would this be a bad idea? I can't get it too short anyway because I will get suspended from school so it wouldn't be extremely short.

Original post by Nuba123
Bruh, are you a millionaire or something?? Lol the other day you were like your parents are going to be you an Audi and you've got not one, but two flipping Armani watches!!!

And I don't know, it really depends, I think it depends on the interviewers and how they take it tbh. Wear something that's you but not too casual. So if an Armani watch resonates with you then do it, but if you're not sure I'd patch it.

And bro, I really don't like come one, I can't afford clothes from any high end shops like Topshop or something, so I was really splashing out with that blazer that cost me £18 from Matalan XD - bloody hell! It's not even got sleeves, but it is nice tho - I think it's the best piece of clothing I own tbh. XD

Note: after posting this I googled armani watches and I think it'd be okay and not too flashy XD

Ahahaahahahhaha nooooooooooooooooooooooo. But I do appreciate how much my parents do for me :smile: :colondollar:

I think I could pull it off tbh. With my type of swag, the watches would look like nothing ahahaha

I'm sure you could afford clothes that you want! Ask your parents, I am sure if it's for looking presentable at an interview then they would be more than happy.

Thanks for the advice btw
Really? Most girls that I know who don't wear just don't want to wear it tbh, I've seen many girls at my college start wearing the hijab and others who stop wearing it, but I do see what you mean because a lot of them just want to fit in.
And haha, dw, I stress about the fact that the point on my scarf isn't perfect XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you in college and applying to UG Medicine?
Yeah that's what I mean.
Idk, depends on colour, size and whether you genuinely think it's too flashy - if you're leaning more towards the side of it being too flashy, it probably is. But also, wear it if you want to because interviewers aren't gonna look at your watch and be like "show off" haha.

Haha, of course we do, i'd feel weird not stressing about what to wear haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

I guess that;s true.
Original post by isabella1999
Naaaa go for it and why do you have so many accounts :biggrin:

Yeahhhhhhhh. Shhhhhhh!!!!!
Insh Allah same for you.

Ahh I get you, I really liked the uni as well but it wasn't worth the risk cuz I'm already apply to 2 risky unis. Me neither, but I'm still gonna try this year, what will you do in your gap year if you take one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Inshallah we will be good. x

and same here to be honest all of my choices are risks ngl

and probably going to get a job, volunteer at my local hospital, etc wby?
I was thinking of getting the Ronaldo kind of haircuty style (really wanting this) but my mum thinks the interviewers will judge me as a junkie :/
Would this be a bad idea? I can't get it too short anyway because I will get suspended from school so it wouldn't be extremely short.

Ahahaahahahhaha nooooooooooooooooooooooo. But I do appreciate how much my parents do for me :smile: :colondollar:

I think I could pull it off tbh. With my type of swag, the watches would look like nothing ahahaha

I'm sure you could afford clothes that you want! Ask your parents, I am sure if it's for looking presentable at an interview then they would be more than happy.

Thanks for the advice btw

No offense, do what you like, but I'd agree with your mum looool. I'm sure they don't mind your haircut as long as it's tidy tbh. Your school is extra if they'll suspend over something like that, smh.

Tbh it's not a matter of affording, I'm sure if I asked I'd get what I want, I just don't like asking my parents for loads of things but that's just me lol. ANYWAY that's a different topic.

LOOOOOL YOUR SWAG ALRIGHT LMAo

Sorry just have to make sure your head doesn't swell into a balloon. And no worries. :wink:
Won't be applying until 2018 but was wondering on peoples opinions as to my chances of getting in to somewhere like Kings

Levels 3 Acces HE in Nursing D36 M9 (Predicted)
Level 3 Access HE in Medicine/Dentistry (yet to start)
Level 1 Qualification in BSL (British Sign Language)
UKCAT Band 1
GAMSAT (not yet taken but will be attained)
GCSE Maths B
GCSE English C
Voluntary work within Maternity Ward 3 Months / 3 Months A&E (currently)

I'm a mature student (will be 25 upon 2018 entry) and currently doing everything I can to be able to study medicine and further my knowledge in preparation for university. Are there any suggestions as to what else I could be doing?
Plymouth cut off is 1870 this year and no individual sub section scores this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by michaela__
Plymouth cut off is 1870 this year and no individual sub section scores this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If I did the IBDP and I have a good UKCAT score (2110) -> avg 703. If I just meet the admission requirement for IB score or miss it by 1 point will they consider me? o.o I couldn't perform to my max potential due to a mitigational circumstance (I underwent a surgery which cost me 2 months of classes)
Original post by Screech93
Won't be applying until 2018 but was wondering on peoples opinions as to my chances of getting in to somewhere like Kings

Levels 3 Acces HE in Nursing D36 M9 (Predicted)
Level 3 Access HE in Medicine/Dentistry (yet to start)
Level 1 Qualification in BSL (British Sign Language)
UKCAT Band 1
GAMSAT (not yet taken but will be attained)
GCSE Maths B
GCSE English C
Voluntary work within Maternity Ward 3 Months / 3 Months A&E (currently)

I'm a mature student (will be 25 upon 2018 entry) and currently doing everything I can to be able to study medicine and further my knowledge in preparation for university. Are there any suggestions as to what else I could be doing?

Sorry I don't know anything about applying to medicine as a mature student, but if you're applying in 2018 you won't have ukcat band 1 (well at the moment). You'll have to resit the ukcat in the same year as you apply.
Original post by Ninjakam119
Sorry I don't know anything about applying to medicine as a mature student, but if you're applying in 2018 you won't have ukcat band 1 (well at the moment). You'll have to resit the ukcat in the same year as you apply.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I obtained my UKCAT at the beginning of this year but my application route changed and therefore will be resitting when I come around to uni, Im hoping for the same result hence why ive kept it in there.
Original post by Niraxas
If I did the IBDP and I have a good UKCAT score (2110) -> avg 703. If I just meet the admission requirement for IB score or miss it by 1 point will they consider me? o.o I couldn't perform to my max potential due to a mitigational circumstance (I underwent a surgery which cost me 2 months of classes)

I'm sorry I'm not familiar with your academic system. You'll have to contact the uni and ask or maybe someone on here might know!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you in college and applying to UG Medicine?
Yeah that's what I mean.

Yeah, as in a sixth form college so I'm in year 13. Yeah I get you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nuba123
Inshallah we will be good. x

and same here to be honest all of my choices are risks ngl

and probably going to get a job, volunteer at my local hospital, etc wby?

And even if it doesn't work out, it's for a reason.

Really? Is it quite difficult to apply to your strengths if you're only choosing Scottish unis?

Probably work as a Health care Assistant in the hospital I haven't really thought about much else, but I have no idea what I'm gonna do if I end up with AAB on results day? Do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
And even if it doesn't work out, it's for a reason.

Really? Is it quite difficult to apply to your strengths if you're only choosing Scottish unis?

Probably work as a Health care Assistant in the hospital I haven't really thought about much else, but I have no idea what I'm gonna do if I end up with AAB on results day? Do you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, everything happens for a reason. x

Yeah, I kind of had to choose Scottish unis because I don't think I'd be allowed to go that far away tbqh. Plus Higher education is free for me so that's super convenient.
Im aiming for AAA in my advanced highers but if i flop them then im going to try graduate entry into med. And if i keep failing after like 4/5 attempts I'd probably go into psychology, optometry or pharmacy, wby?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Still can't bloody believe it 😭 even my mediocre 1910 is comfortable over that cut-off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by CutieTootsie
Still can't bloody believe it 😭 even my mediocre 1910 is comfortable over that cut-off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I feel embarrassed that I was even stressing now over my AR ffs 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
I feel embarrassed that I was even stressing now over my AR ffs 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

dont be embarrassed! just be relieved :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending