The Student Room Group

KPMG audit programme 2017 discussion

Scroll to see replies

WOW!

Anyone else find the numerical reasoning test pretty tricky??
Original post by dom117117
Id say about 3 questions on the same set of graphs. I had one question which needed me to use 2 pretty complicated graphs at the same time, lucky for me it was the first Q :smile: Yeah very much harder than the Cubik practise but similar format in terms of graphs. Also theres like 8 options to choose from and no 'cannot say' option which was my usual go to :smile:

Hey!

How long did it take for them to reply once you had completed all the tests?

Thanks
Reply 282
Original post by AD490995
WOW!

haha I haven't heard of anyone say they didn't struggle😄
Reply 283
Hey!

How long did it take for them to reply once you had completed all the tests?

Thanks
I did it on a Friday and heard back from them on Monday😄 Gd luck😄

Hahaha I don't really think it is possible to complete more than 8 without giving each question proper thought.
I did it on a Friday and heard back from them on Monday😄 Gd luck😄

Ok, I just got an email saying my application is being reviewed by a member of the kpmg recruitment team so does that mean the I definitely scored high enough on the tests, otherwise surely I would have been rejected straight away???
Reply 286
Ok, I just got an email saying my application is being reviewed by a member of the kpmg recruitment team so does that mean the I definitely scored high enough on the tests, otherwise surely I would have been rejected straight away???
thats defiantly a valid suggestion😄 I had the same email and got through😄
Original post by Jas1947
Does the teacher reference have to be 4000 characters long like UCAS? I asked my teacher for a reference and its only about 133 words which is 805 characters? But my Ucas reference is mainly about me being suited for physics though....please help

I used my school UCAS reference, which was also mainly about Physics. I think we'll be fine.
Still haven't got a reply after the university screening email :s-smilie: Hope I get it Monday.

WOW!

It's horrid, as long as you got a few right you'll probably be fine. Keep in mind the test is designed for university graduates.
Original post by DarkEnergy
Still haven't got a reply after the university screening email :s-smilie: Hope I get it Monday.

It's horrid, as long as you got a few right you'll probably be fine. Keep in mind the test is designed for university graduates.

University Graduate?!?!? That explains why.

Until that test I thought i pretty able at maths but was beginning to doubt my ability.

Your response has reassured me however.
University Graduate?!?!? That explains why.

Until that test I thought i pretty able at maths but was beginning to doubt my ability.

Your response has reassured me however.

Yeah seriously, these Cubiks tests are recognised as being one of the hardest, if not the hardest, in the industry.

Some examples of graduates talking about how hard it is: https://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/aptitude-tests/kpmgs-cubik-tests , https://www.wikijob.co.uk/forum/accounting-professional-services/kpmg-online-tests , http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=465540
Okay! I finally did the test with only a few hours to spare - but god this week was busy >.<
I think I managed to answer between 9-11-ish - I'm annoyed that I was about to put an answer in when it timed me out tho haha - could have scored an extra point!
How is everyone else getting on so far?
Reply 292
Original post by ZRSFizzyBongs
Okay! I finally did the test with only a few hours to spare - but god this week was busy >.<
I think I managed to answer between 9-11-ish - I'm annoyed that I was about to put an answer in when it timed me out tho haha - could have scored an extra point!
How is everyone else getting on so far?
Gd luck! I'm still waiting on a interveiw date😄
Gd luck! I'm still waiting on a interveiw date😄

Oh thank you! And to you :smile: I hope you're not left waiting too long! How has revision/practice been going for the written exercise?
Reply 294
Original post by ZRSFizzyBongs
Oh thank you! And to you :smile: I hope you're not left waiting too long! How has revision/practice been going for the written exercise?
thanks😄 Yeah just went through the pack they sent me (it's like 40 pages!) and it's pretty hard probs have to go through it again😅
Advice for the written exercise at the Launch Pad event:

There is a lot of information and you will not be able to cover all the points in your report. It is not like a piece of university coursework where you can spend hours researching/planning so don't expect it to be perfect (I was sure I had fu**ed up the written assignment).

- divide your time so you can read/plan/write/proof read. (10/5/30/5)

- make sure you finish (again, it will not be perfect).

- there is a summary in the information pack with bullet points of key information (near the back of the document), you could write a satisfactory report on these points alone.

- don't ignore the financial statements (if you have knowledge of income statements/balance sheets) - I commented on the profitability/solvency of the business.

- most of the information in the document is useless, try to focus on the key points.

Oh, and enjoy the drumming :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Contempt

There is a lot of information and you will not be able to cover all the points in your report. It is not like a piece of university coursework where you can spend hours researching/planning so don't expect it to be perfect (I was sure I had fu**ed up the written assignment).

- there is a summary in the information pack with bullet points of key information (near the back of the document), you could write a satisfactory report on these points alone.

- don't ignore the financial statements (if you have knowledge of income statements/balance sheets) - I commented on the profitability/solvency of the business.

- most of the information in the document is useless, try to focus on the key points.

Wow! Thanks for the insight :smile:
To be honest though "report" could be a whole ton of things - is it like an essay with each paragraph describing what the company produces, marketing strats etc? Or is personal opinion on how to make this company expand/do x
thanks😄 Yeah just went through the pack they sent me (it's like 40 pages!) and it's pretty hard probs have to go through it again😅

Haha - well better more practice than less!

Were the numerical questions based on accountancy knowledge? Like did they ask stuff relating to turnovers or net profits? I have a strong background in maths but I don't understand all of the accountancy language
Original post by Contempt

Forgive my ignorance but what written exercise are you talking about? Is this after the you've submitted the numerical and verbal tests?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending