The Student Room Group

Frontline social work grad scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

I've just sent off my application & done the tests - how long did it take for people to hear about the video interview? I keep checking my emails every hour!
Reply 141
was anyone at the assessment centre on the 24th October? If so, have you heard back? Checking my phone and emails every 5 mins!
Hi, has anybody completed the video interview? I don't know what to expect. Do questions pop up and you record your answers? and are the questions timed? I've never done one before!
(edited 7 years ago)
Hi - I think you're right the question is meant to pop up and then you have a set amount of time to prep before it starts recording. Not sure about if the recording is timed though. How long did you wait to see if you got to video interview?
I completed the verbal reasoning test on Monday and I got an email about the video interview on Wednesday this week. I'm so nervous because I don't know what to expect!
Oh good luck! Hope it goes well. Do they give you a week to do the Interview too?
Out of interest when did you submit your original application? I'm probably overthinking but still nervous I haven't heard anything...
Original post by Kmango90
Oh good luck! Hope it goes well. Do they give you a week to do the Interview too?
Out of interest when did you submit your original application? I'm probably overthinking but still nervous I haven't heard anything...

I submitted the original one a couple of weeks back I'm sure you will be fine! I think it's around a week they give you to complete the interview.
Is anybody attending the assessment day on the 24th Nov 13:45?
Hi! Just wondering how long it took for you to hear back after your assessment centre that you got the offer? I know they say 3 weeks but I've heard some people have been contacted within a couple of days? Thanks x
Reply 149
Original post by unityhewson
Is anybody attending the assessment day on the 24th Nov 13:45?

I am :smile:
I heard two weeks and a day after my assessment centre that I was successful. A long time to wait but worth it!
Original post by beckyboo777
I heard two weeks and a day after my assessment centre that I was successful. A long time to wait but worth it!

Ah thank you! ive been thinking more negatively as the days go on. thanks for replying, i hope its good news for me too :smile:
Hi, has anybody completed the video interview? I don't know what to expect. Do questions pop up and you record your answers? and are the questions timed? I've never done one before!

Hi, yes i hated the VI part ..but i gotthrough tothe assessment centre. definitely do the practices you can do like interview4 etc. getyou used to talking to a webcam

When u click to begin, you get 30 seconds to read the question/scenario and when its been 30 seconds u get automatically moved on tothe webcam recording your answer. make sure you go over the compentencies and why you are applying, maybe go back to your written application.

Its hard to prepare for the questions youll get just practice the video interview to get comfortable talking to your device as you would in a normal interview

I thought mine was aeful and got through to the next stage so just make sure you relax and dont rush between questions :smile: good luck
Original post by StudentAgain1
Yes I am!! And I'm through! It's exciting!
Can't wait to get started now!

Hey, congratulations to you both! im still waiting to hear...can i ask how long it took them for them to get back to you? thanks x
Original post by AMAstrebor91
Hi, yes i hated the VI part ..but i gotthrough tothe assessment centre. definitely do the practices you can do like interview4 etc. getyou used to talking to a webcam

When u click to begin, you get 30 seconds to read the question/scenario and when its been 30 seconds u get automatically moved on tothe webcam recording your answer. make sure you go over the compentencies and why you are applying, maybe go back to your written application.

Its hard to prepare for the questions youll get just practice the video interview to get comfortable talking to your device as you would in a normal interview

I thought mine was aeful and got through to the next stage so just make sure you relax and dont rush between questions :smile: good luck

Thanks for answering :smile: I completed the interview on Friday and it was more dreadful that I could have imagined but I have a date for the assessment centre! Well done for making it to the assessment day when are you going?
Thanks for answering :smile: I completed the interview on Friday and it was more dreadful that I could have imagined but I have a date for the assessment centre! Well done for making it to the assessment day when are you going?

Well done :smile: i think everyone felt that way. ive had my assessment centre just waiting to hear now but im not feeling too hopeful
Reply 156
I'm waiting to hear back from my assessment center too... fingers crossed! I'm finding it really difficult to stay positive and not to interpret the silence as bad news. What date was your assessment?
Original post by katniss
I'm waiting to hear back from my assessment center too... fingers crossed! I'm finding it really difficult to stay positive and not to interpret the silence as bad news. What date was your assessment?

Ye i know what you mean..fingers crossed. mine was a week ago :frown:
I didn't hear back until four weeks after my assessment centre and I got through so no news is not necessarily bad news!
Original post by Starlight14
I didn't hear back until four weeks after my assessment centre and I got through so no news is not necessarily bad news!

Aw thats good. Waiting is definitely the worst part. Thanks for replying,its good to know it might not be bad news yet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending