The Student Room Group

What's your ideal weight?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cbreef
A fast metaboliam is both a gift and a curse. You'll never get very fat though so that's good. :biggrin:

Yeah, I still eat well as want to be healthy but I eat loads. Everyones surprised when they see how much I eat :biggrin:
Reply 21
My BMI is 0, and i would love to be at least 40kg. God i hate being skinny :redface:
Original post by cbreef
6ft 3. I'm about 75kg but I'd like to be a bit heavier, maybe 82kg or so.

You're quite tall. I'm 5'11 and weigh 10 stone exactly. It says my BMI is healthy so I'm good. Would like to hit the gym when I'm older though .
Original post by BurstingBubbles
What is your ideal weight for you? How does that compare to what a BMI ideal suggests? Do you agree with the BMI ideal?

I'm about 5"8 and my ideal weight tends to be about 9 and half stone, I fluctuate between 9 and 10 stone usually but with stress eating I'm currently about 10. I'd like to tone up a bit but I know I'm still within the ideal of BMI.I think the ideal according to BMI os higher than mine.

BMI isn't something you should base your ideal weight on. It's flawed in many ways.

I'd say, get to a position where you're aesthetically pleased with how you look. Then it doesn't matter what the scales or BMI says, does it? :smile:
Original post by xmertic
BMI isn't something you should base your ideal weight on. It's flawed in many ways.

I'd say, get to a position where you're aesthetically pleased with how you look. Then it doesn't matter what the scales or BMI says, does it? :smile:

Agree totally with this, it doesn't take into account muscle which is heavier than fat, or your body structure - so as I say in the OP, often your ideal and BMI ideal don't match up :smile:
Original post by Angry cucumber
I'm 88kg, probably should be 85kg. I'm the reason BMI isn't a full picture
I'm 5'10 or so

I'd be very surprised if you're actually eating 2000 calories consistently and being underweight at the same time tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

'Or so' - you really 5'9 bro? :wink:

What is your bmi? Out of curiosity...

Agreed (although this person has maybe a condition going by what she responded idk) but:

Most people who have 'high metaboisms' eat like 3,000/ 3 1/2 thousand calories 2 days a week but then eat 1800 the rest. Something like that so what you end up with is maintenance or a small deficit despite 'eating loads' a few times a week.

If people tracked what they ate they'd be surprised.

I'm active when back home and i probably ate at a small surplus 4/5 days a week but super active 2/3 days a week and would end up with a decent deficit on those days.
Hence why i was 60kg.

This isn't rocket science
Original post by BurstingBubbles
Agree totally with this, it doesn't take into account muscle which is heavier than fat, or your body structure - so as I say in the OP, often your ideal and BMI ideal don't match up :smile:

Although BMI doesn't work for all cases, they do tend to be the at the margins - pregnancy, very elderly, athletes or heavily muscled.

For most people, BMI is an good and fairly accurate way to establish an ideal weight.
Original post by Reality Check
Although BMI doesn't work for all cases, they do tend to be the at the margins - pregnancy, very elderly, athletes or heavily muscled.

For most people, BMI is an good and fairly accurate way to establish an ideal weight.

This ^
Original post by RossB1702
You're quite tall. I'm 5'11 and weigh 10 stone exactly. It says my BMI is healthy so I'm good. Would like to hit the gym when I'm older though .

As if I didn't know that :rofl:
It's the only thing I get complimented for these days :frown:
85-95kg, fits mostly to the ideal given my height.
I'm about 135-140lb (between 5'5 and 5'6)
I'd love to get a lot heavier with muscle mass though
I have like 3000 calories a day and I work out a lot - hopefully I'll grow. maybe not.
my best friend is naturally hench as a hulk as only about an inch taller so I'm trying to get to that level
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XOR_
85-95kg, fits mostly to the ideal given my height.

That's quite a large gap... 10kg is like 1 1/2 stone. There's no way you fluctuate that much normally.
The weight I am now, the weight I was 2 years ago, and (hopefully) the weight I'll be in 2 years' time. Not to say I was never insecure about my weight lol. I used to think I was rly fat, and almost wanted to have anorexia, so that I'd be thin... Thank God that I didn't have the self-control to do something like that! Eventually, I just sort of figured that if my mum (who is rly slim) thought I was slim, I should probably just believe her and stop worrying about it! :biggrin:
Original post by cbreef
That's quite a large gap... 10kg is like 1 1/2 stone. There's no way you fluctuate that much normally.

Oh no, I don't fluctuate between those two.. 95kg is the max I'd like to be and 85kg is the least.
I'm current around 87kg after some heavy eating/exercise :biggrin:... 2 years ago I was around 78kg.

The BMI ideal for 6ft3 is 73 - 90.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm 5"6 and weigh 72kg. My parents tell me i'm overweight but i'm pretty sure it's mostly muscle
Original post by Unistudent77

Agreed (although this person has maybe a condition going by what she responded idk) but:

Most people who have 'high metaboisms' eat like 3,000/ 3 1/2 thousand calories 2 days a week but then eat 1800 the rest. Something like that so what you end up with is maintenance or a small deficit despite 'eating loads' a few times a week.

I'm active when back home and i probably ate at a small surplus 4/5 days a week but super active 2/3 days a week and would end up with a decent deficit on those days.
Hence why i was 60kg.

But I got some ab definition

#nailedit

Posted from TSR Mobile
My height is 5'8" and I weigh 8.66 stone(?) which is 55kg. Also, appaently my BMI is 18 which is great considering it always told me I was underweight loooool

Hence why i was 60kg.

Well, I track what I eat pretty much every day. I'm sick of people trying to suggest I under eat when I don't. I've had my thyroid checked as the doctors thought I might have an overactive thyroid, but I don't. My body has to work harder than the average person in everyday things and so I burn more calories. I
Original post by Angry cucumber

But I got some ab definition

#nailedit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mirin'

Original post by Ella-keturah
Well, I track what I eat pretty much every day. I'm sick of people trying to suggest I under eat when I don't. I've had my thyroid checked as the doctors thought I might have an overactive thyroid, but I don't. My body has to work harder than the average person in everyday things and so I burn more calories. I

Well fair enough, you would be an exception. Eat more calories then.

I doubt you'd need as many calories as the average man.

Just find out what your maintenence is (not what the app is telling you) and then calorie count with your new BMR to get your TDEE
Mirin'

Well fair enough, you would be an exception. Eat more calories then.

I doubt you'd need as many calories as the average man.

Just find out what your maintenence is (not what the app is telling you) and then calorie count with your new BMR to get your TDEE

I am happy with my body, so it's just about maintenance. I eat at least 2000 calories to stay at 7 and a half stone. Any less and I would lose weight.

Quick Reply

Latest