The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Aberystwyth University Offer Holders 2017

Nobody has, so far, made such a thread and it's November so I think that it's high time that someone does.

Share below what offer has the university given you and what you like most about the university!

Will you be attending the Entrance scholarship exam?
---------
I got an offer for International Politics and Intelligence Studies exactly one day after i sent my application.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got a conditional for Film and Television studies. Yes, I will be doing the Entrance Scholarship Exam
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
I got a conditional for criminology 😀

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
I got a conditional for Biochemistry :h:
I've got a conditional for Software Engineering MENg(with the year in industry). Condition is DDM in my BTEC. I'll definitely be attending the entrance scholarship exams.
I applied there for 3 of my choices so got conditionals in biology, biology masters and sport and exercise science. Got a hand written card too from one of the course coordinators!! Anyone else had one?
Reply 7
Original post by FrannySmith
I applied there for 3 of my choices so got conditionals in biology, biology masters and sport and exercise science. Got a hand written card too from one of the course coordinators!! Anyone else had one?

Yes I received a conditional offer for Geography BBB last week, and I got a handwritten card today, so I think I'm considering doing the entrance exam :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by FrannySmith

Yes I received a conditional offer for Geography BBB last week, and I got a handwritten card today, so I think I'm now considering doing the entrance exam :smile:
Reply 9
I just received an offer of BBB to study Law after sending my UCAS off yesterday
Original post by LauranX
I just received an offer of BBB to study Law after sending my UCAS off yesterday

They really seem quick with these offers. Do they have problems with recruitment or something?
Reply 11
Original post by TishoHristov
They really seem quick with these offers. Do they have problems with recruitment or something?

Maybe people are just slower sending in their applications and therefore the uni is processing them very quickly. It would seem to be that they are giving offers very quickly!
I have an Unconditional for Creative Writing and Drama and Theatre Studies :smile:
Can't wait to move to Wales!!
Original post by taylorwaggoner
I have an Unconditional for Creative Writing and Drama and Theatre Studies :smile:
Can't wait to move to Wales!!

Congratulations! Did you do your A-levels (or equivalent) already?
I recently received a conditional offer to study computer science.
Reply 15
I received a Christmas card and an unconditional for a sciences (inc Foundation)! Already accepted and confirmed it with UCAS!
Original post by TishoHristov
Congratulations! Did you do your A-levels (or equivalent) already?

I was accepted for 2016/17 but deferred to 17/18!
Saving some money before the move :smile:
I have a BBB offer for English Literature and Drama and Theatre Studies! I'm definitely going to do the Entrance Scholarship exams! :smile:

Who's doing it at Aberystwyth?
(edited 7 years ago)
I received a BBB offer for geography a little while ago but only just found this thread! I was torn between Aber and swansea... until I received a handwritten post card from Aberystwyth! Think it's wonderful they've taken the time to show they care about us! :smile:
Does anyone know what the contact hours are like for the geography degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
I got a conditional offer for Computer Science :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest