The Student Room Group

Kings College London- Medicine 2017 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mo_elheramy
nop I know a person who is definitely still doing her A levels

oh i see thanks! :smile:
What has been the lowest UKCAT score of someone who has been invited to interview?
When's the last time an interview invitation has been given out???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Johncenaofficial
When's the last time an interview invitation has been given out???

Posted from TSR Mobile

Chill out! No need to worry yet! Interviews continue all the way up until March, and they can sometimes give as little as two weeks notice, so there's still plenty of time.
Reply 1184
Original post by saahil0987
I'm pretty sure they dc about a2 predictions except for their basic requirements however you're not even halfway through year 12 so you have plenty of time to convince your teachers you can do better than that so its fine

Original post by ASTK98
A-Levels, of course. Doesn't matter if you have 15A*'s, you're not getting in unless you have 3As at A-Level at least. Alternatively, you could get in with good GCSE's (mix of A*s and As) with AAA+.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't they say at their open day that they dc about as and a2 cause not everyone does as so itd be unfair???

Pretty sure they priorities GCSEs more than A level predictions. Idk about achieved A-levels.

I'm pretty sure they dc about a2 predictions except for their basic requirements however you're not even halfway through year 12 so you have plenty of time to convince your teachers you can do better than that so its fine

Original post by ASTK98
A-Levels, of course. Doesn't matter if you have 15A*'s, you're not getting in unless you have 3As at A-Level at least. Alternatively, you could get in with good GCSE's (mix of A*s and As) with AAA+.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't they say at their open day that they dc about as and a2 cause not everyone does as so itd be unfair???

Pretty sure they priorities GCSEs more than A level predictions. Idk about achieved A-levels.

Original post by studentsixth
That isn't exactly what he's asking I don't think. To get an interview offer it's the GCSE that they prioritise over A Level predicted grades

Original post by studentsixth
That isn't exactly what he's asking I don't think. To get an interview offer it's the GCSE that they prioritise over A Level predicted grades

Sorry for the confusion, I didn't make myself clear. I meant that I have alreadyapplied for 2017 entry not that i will be applying in 2017 (and I'm a she not a he btw:tongue:) I have 3As predicted so I meet the requirements (except the AS), I just know for some med schools they favour those with higher predictions. I didn't go to the open day so I didn't get all these details but you've put my mind at ease. thanks everyone:smile:
has anyone been given an interview this week or last week?
Reply 1186
THIS PROCESS HAS SERIOUSLY IMPROVED MY LEVEL OF PATIENCE bants
Original post by karishma behera
ahaha thanks for the info good luck though. however i meant the two international students who got interviews in the previous pages i think were grad applicants.

Hey, yeah, I was an international grad applicant. But there's an international students thread where people doing A-levels, etc. posted they had interviews too.
Reply 1188
some people in the same year as us didn't do AS for sciences, so I reckon they will be at disadvantage slightly. The feel of doing actual exams that you get credit for brings about a lot more motivation I reckon than studying for mocks
Original post by 11...
some people in the same year as us didn't do AS for sciences, so I reckon they will be at disadvantage slightly. The feel of doing actual exams that you get credit for brings about a lot more motivation I reckon than studying for mocks

I don't think so. Mocks are still used as the basis for predicted grades and really 'motivation' lies down with individual people and their goals as opposed to being fuelled by actual AS exams. I don't think they bring any real advantage or disadvantage at all.
(edited 7 years ago)
International student here
Nothing from King's yet
Applied for GEM. I haven't heard anything back yet. Is this normal?
guys honestly just chill and wait, there's no way of knowing what stage they're in, if you haven't received a rejection yet, then just pray that you get an interview!
Reply 1193
Original post by GraduateMed
Applied for GEM. I haven't heard anything back yet. Is this normal?

Group for GEM: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4424452

The majority of us on the group still haven't heard about interviews apart from one so far!
Original post by 11alexandru-kore
Ok thanks thats good to here , have you applied to medicine? I wished i done better in my GCSE but im gonna try and make it up in my a levels.

Yeap I've applied to medicine. Just focus on applying to schools which don't look at your GCSE results. I don't have good GCSE results either but I've received 2 med interviews so far. It's possible, don't lose hope. Focus on doing well for your a levels, UKCAT and BMAT
Original post by neuralgal
Hey, yeah, I was an international grad applicant. But there's an international students thread where people doing A-levels, etc. posted they had interviews too.

oh thank you! could you pls tell me which thread it was?
Original post by karishma behera
oh thank you! could you pls tell me which thread it was?

Here you go: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4380162
Reply 1197
has anyone called the admissions team regarding further interview invites. did anyone get one recently and how was the interview everybody who already did theirs at kings
Reply 1198
OMG I can't actually believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by 11...
OMG I can't actually believe this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what what? lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending