The Student Room Group

Made a massive mistake on UCAS application!! help!!

So i sent my application off just before christmas & my head of sixth form has just told me that I've entered on my application that I'm going to be paying uni fees myself rather than getting a loan, so now all the unis I've applied for think I'm giving them a load of money!! Also apparently I've entered in my BTECs wrong?? Even though my teachers 'supposedly' checked through and said it was absolutely fine. I'm kinda stuck as to what to do now since I obviously can't go back and change it all. I've had 2 conditional offers so far and one uni asked to see a copy of my results from year 12 which I've sent and they said they'll be in touch soon but that was before christmas!?!
Contact the universities, it'll be fine. :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Shadow Hunters
Contact the universities, it'll be fine. :smile:

I'm going into college & calling them all up first thing tomorrow! thanks!
Original post by chxzlotte
I did! in fact i sat with my teacher who was telling me that everything i had entered was correct?!

I recommend you report your teacher then, if they messed up your application then just think of how many others they'd have messed up.
I'm going into college & calling them all up first thing tomorrow! thanks!

Its not a massive mistake. You can still apply for student finance. Universities don't care as long as you apply for student finance in the first term.. I said my parents would pay on ucas but applied for student loan on results day it's all good
Reply 5
I did exact same thing :colondollar: luckily I still manage to swipe that unconditional from York! call and explain, they haven't rejected you yet right :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ledapiee
I did exact same thing :colondollar: luckily I still manage to swipe that unconditional from York! call and explain, they haven't rejected you yet right :smile:

really?? the main thing I'm worrying about is them looking down on me and them rejecting me bc I messed it up twice
really?? the main thing I'm worrying about is them looking down on me and them rejecting me bc I messed it up twice

Don't worry about the fees error that's minor, you can adjust that after they've made you an offer.
Writing your grades in incorrectly.... Contact ucas and they will adjust it, as long as your predicted grades are okay universities will have enough time to assess your application.
Reply 8
Original post by Swirly123
Don't worry about the fees error that's minor, you can adjust that after they've made you an offer.
Writing your grades in incorrectly.... Contact ucas and they will adjust it, as long as your predicted grades are okay universities will have enough time to assess your application.

I literally just got an offer from my first choice uni!! I'm so relieved!! & I didn't put the wrong grades in, I think it was the type of qualification that I put in was wrong! anyway still contacting them all & sorting it out tomorrow

They won't reject you because of that, it's a very minor error :smile:
I literally just got an offer from my first choice uni!! I'm so relieved!! & I didn't put the wrong grades in, I think it was the type of qualification that I put in was wrong! anyway still contacting them all & sorting it out tomorrow

good luck hopefully it goes well! Blame the mistake on your school if you can 😜
So i sent my application off just before christmas & my head of sixth form has just told me that I've entered on my application that I'm going to be paying uni fees myself rather than getting a loan, so now all the unis I've applied for think I'm giving them a load of money!! Also apparently I've entered in my BTECs wrong?? Even though my teachers 'supposedly' checked through and said it was absolutely fine. I'm kinda stuck as to what to do now since I obviously can't go back and change it all. I've had 2 conditional offers so far and one uni asked to see a copy of my results from year 12 which I've sent and they said they'll be in touch soon but that was before christmas!?!

Email UCAS, they can change details like that and can recommend whether its best for you to contact the universities yourself.
I wouldn't stress about the fees thing, my school said to choose that option that says you are getting a loan even if you are not- I think its just for their data I don't think it binds you to anything. I would ring both the Unis and UCAS, my friend rung up before christams and they were really helpfu
good luck !
Reply 13
My teacher just told me that he made a mistake on the reference. What can I do?

- I was thinking of deleting this application and submitting a new one before 15 January; But would my PS then be weeded out as plagiarised?

HELP
Original post by Ramyaa
My teacher just told me that he made a mistake on the reference. What can I do?

- I was thinking of deleting this application and submitting a new one before 15 January; But would my PS then be weeded out as plagiarised?

HELP

Has the application been sent to UCAS (ie you've got a welcome email and track login?).

If so I'd suggest that you get your teacher to contact each of your universities (by phone and followed up in writing/email) explaining that he made a mistake and sending through a corrected reference directly.

If it hasn't yet gone to UCAS then he should still be able to edit it.
Reply 15
Original post by PQ
Has the application been sent to UCAS (ie you've got a welcome email and track login?).

If so I'd suggest that you get your teacher to contact each of your universities (by phone and followed up in writing/email) explaining that he made a mistake and sending through a corrected reference directly.

If it hasn't yet gone to UCAS then he should still be able to edit it.

So yes, I already submitted my UCAS application. I had to call UCAS, have them cancel it and then submit a new application.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending