The Student Room Group

Imperial College- Medicine 2017 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Abj0
I chose the latest possible interview date, March 28th and am seeing that everyone else chose early dates, is there a reason for this I worry over everything lol

I chose 28 feb because i wanted time to go over my ps and check nhs issues, but im too impatient to wait until march (although being the 28th of feb it basically is march).

What were the other dates for march may i ask?
Original post by Abj0
I chose the latest possible interview date, March 28th and am seeing that everyone else chose early dates, is there a reason for this I worry over everything lol

Theres no reason why people pick earlier dates other than personal preference. When you have your interview wont affect your chances of getting an offer.
Reply 922
Original post by Quarrdent
I chose 28 feb because i wanted time to go over my ps and check nhs issues, but im too impatient to wait until march (although being the 28th of feb it basically is march).

What were the other dates for march may i ask?

They had dates for every Tuesday and every Wednesday in March I believe. 28th of March was the latest as I think this is when interviews end.
Original post by mayonnaise_
wow, I chose the exact same date and hour...is that possible?(I got invitation in early december)

(btw congrats!)

Thanks and congrats to you too :smile: I'm not sure how it works tbh, they haven't emailed to say my date and time are unavailable so idk...
Reply 924
do you think they still have interviews to send out because i got a decent-ish bmat (5.6 5.1 3a) and i've heard nothing ?
Original post by caro99
do you think they still have interviews to send out because i got a decent-ish bmat (5.6 5.1 3a) and i've heard nothing ?

I think they do but also, it's not just BMAT they take into consideration. They said on their site that it's about your personal statement and reference as well. BMAT and predicted grade requirements are a way for them to cut down the list of people to look at in more detail :smile:
Reply 926
Original post by caro99

Yeah I think they have more to hand out. What were your AS/ predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 927
Original post by Abj0
Yeah I think they have more to hand out. What were your AS/ predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

A* s in bio maths geog A in chem predicted
Reply 928
Original post by hajsil98
I think they do but also, it's not just BMAT they take into consideration. They said on their site that it's about your personal statement and reference as well. BMAT and predicted grade requirements are a way for them to cut down the list of people to look at in more detail :smile:

Ah kk thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by hajsil98

Don't they give out interviews until March?
Reply 930
Would I be at a disadvantage if I did the interview at a later date? So say I picked 22nd Feb over the 1st Feb - would it slightly harder to get an offer as more candidates would have been interviewed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an interview tomorrow morning... Feeling nervous as I'm not sure if i've prepared enough. Any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated!
I got an interview on Friday with BMAT 5.4, 4.9, 2.5A
(AAAA predicted)
Reply 933
Hi,

I applied to Imperial and haven't heard anything yet.

I got 5A* 7A at GCSE, and am targeted A*AA for A-Level. My BMAT was bad in the first two sections (4.9 and 4.5 respectively) but I got 4.5A in the essay. My personal statement is also apparently good, as I have been invited to a first-batch interview on the basis of it on Dec 1st.

Do you guys think I could still get an interview? Does anyone know when they stop sending out interviews? and do they send them out weekly?

Thanks, and good luck to everyone :smile:
Reply 934
Original post by desertlover
Got an interview tomorrow morning... Feeling nervous as I'm not sure if i've prepared enough. Any last minute tips would be greatly appreciated!

Speak with confidence. Remember to pause and think of answers if you don't know them rather than stuttering. Good luck!
Did anyone get that email which they said to send out before Christmas to tell you the progress of your application? I'm a bit worried as I haven't got any kind of email from them for a long time, not even those newsletters.
Original post by jimmylyu
Did anyone get that email which they said to send out before Christmas to tell you the progress of your application? I'm a bit worried as I haven't got any kind of email from them for a long time, not even those newsletters.

I didn't hear anything and I got an interview so don't worry
Original post by ApartName43
I didn't hear anything and I got an interview so don't worry

Are you an international ? Do they have different criteria for selecting international student
Original post by desertlover

Hey how'd it go??
Original post by ApartName43
I got an interview on Friday with BMAT 5.4, 4.9, 2.5A
(AAAA predicted)

When did you get it yesterday ? Are you an international . I have pretty much the same score beside section 2 and an international

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending