The Student Room Group

if a girl smiles at a guy she doesn't know, does this mean anything?

I was walking around the college campus. There was this one girl that i went past a number of times. Every time i went past her we made eye contact and she had small smile- she started looking at me first i looked at her and we made eye contact. Normally whenever i see this girl she has no facial expression.
I have caught her looking at me before. Also once i was walking alone and she was with her friends, one of her friends said out laud when i walked past "is that the guy".

so if a random girl smiles at you does this mean anything?
Original post by cane12345
I was walking around the college campus. There was this one girl that i went past a number of times. Every time i went past her we made eye contact and she had small smile- she started looking at me first i looked at her and we made eye contact. Normally whenever i see this girl she has no facial expression.
I have caught her looking at me before. Also once i was walking alone and she was with her friends, one of her friends said out laud when i walked past "is that the guy".

Why are you just walking back and forth past this girl.
Reply 2
As I woman, every person I smile at means I have a rabid sexual desire for them. I'm not just being polite and trying to spread a bit of happiness.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Yes, just like the cute girl behind the McDonald's counter when she asked me if I wanted it extra large.

But seriously, smiling is what humans do to be friendly...Means nothing.
Bein' friendly or thinking' you're sexy. :yep:
It means your genes may be compatible for reproductive purposes.
Reply 6
quite hard to tell at times, the reason can be that just to be polite, or it can mean she finds you attractive.

I have noticed from observing others in in public girls will smile sometimes if they find the guy attractive, however the smile does not mean they are looking to get approached or have things lead anywhere. From looking at their body language after the smile it does not usually look like they are hoping to be approached or chatted up.The smile seems to be an involuntary reaction on their part to seeing someone they find attractive.

Don't listen to girls here who say we're just smiling to be polite and it's never nothing more, because I never used to get smiled at by girls at all back before I started working out ......but then it started happening a few times a week after a while, ...so obviously at times the smile isn't 100% platonic in it's origins. I've observed the girls body language and everything and tbh it rarly looked like they expected the smile to lead to something .....hence why i've come to the conclusion I have having considered all the evidence.

In your case.. the fact that you heard her friend say "is that the guy?" would lead me to suspect that perhaps she has been talking about you to them and perhaps she may have a thing for you. If you like her perhaps try and strike up a conversation with her next time or something...
(edited 7 years ago)
if her friend said "is that the guy" then she definitely likes you, and this is coming from a girl
What college do you attend btw? She definitely likes you, especially after the "is that him comment"

lol she prob told her friends you've been following her around and staring at her.
Reply 10
Original post by Mistletoe
It means your genes may be compatible for reproductive purposes.

this.
1 of 2 things shes super friendly or she likes you if you see eachother alot then it can be either you just need to look her in the eye and say hi smiling teeth too if they are good teeth thats what i do
from there u can either be friends or something else
if you really wnna know it wont hurt to talk to her in a friendly way
Also since her friend said is that the guy that might mean something
be smooth and say hi
if u see her again maybe chat to her small talk and name
also don't throw ur dick out in the middle of the corridor because she might like you
that will make the altercation incredibly difficult
i can imagine you would do that since you started a thread
Good luck homeboy
Original post by ChickenMadness
lol she prob told her friends you've been following her around and staring at her.

:rofl: ^^ This
Hillariously that happened to me once in a library i go to i smiled once and she kept staring at me every time i saw her
Reply 14
Original post by Anonymous
What college do you attend btw? She definitely likes you, especially after the "is that him comment"

hmmmm.... since your anonymous i think you should tell me first what college you go to
''Is that the guy''... well...
Either you have been staring at her and she finds it funny or she fancies you... only you will know the answer to that. AKA is she often the one who initiates the eye contact?
hmmmm.... since your anonymous i think you should tell me first what college you go to

I go to a college in East London. :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by Qinge
As I woman, every person I smile at means I have a rabid sexual desire for them. I'm not just being polite and trying to spread a bit of happiness.

I agree !
I smile at everyone - so maybe she's just a smiler 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending