The Student Room Group

How to approach a random girl

Im in love/fancy a girl i see every day but its hard to approach her as were always on the bus. What should I do?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Where you you been in the last 3 years? It's now socially unacceptable, and very soon illegal, to look at or even approach a woman that's going about her business. Sorry to have to break it to you. Check tinder or bumble she might be on one of them.
Reply 2
Original post by Char3313L
Where you you been in the last 3 years? It's now socially unacceptable, and very soon illegal, to look at or even approach a woman that's going about her business. Sorry to have to break it to you. Check tinder or bumble she might be on one of t

Great advice
Reply 3
I think it's acceptable as long as you do not disturb her, for instance if she is working or seems engaged in something.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Im in love/fancy a girl i see every day but its hard to approach her as were always on the bus. What should I do?

Just go for it, lad, the fact is nobody cares if you ask a girl out or not; everyone's too worried about themselves that even if the girl doesn't like you, it's a simple 'no thanks' and she'll forget about it after a while. The only person who would feel anxious, awkward or whatever feelings you've got right now is yourself. Think about if you were a girl and a guy asked you out. Really imagine if you were in her shoes, if you didn't like him, you'd be flattered and say no if you did, win win. You've got nothing to lose in this sense and that means you get the freedom of asking whoever you want out. You've just got to consistently tell yourself that the worse that can happen is she says no. Imagine the relief you feel after studying for an exam for a really long time, then finally taking it. No matter if you passed with flying colour did ok or definitely failed, there's still that sense of relief. This is just like that. The relief and release of tension you will feel afterwards is unparalleled. And if the problem is solely because your on the bus just forget about the people around you, like i said, they don't care, everyone's too caught up in their own lives to even care what you're doing, them glancing over at you is just pure curiosity. Any normal upstanding human being would just ignore it and move on. Anyways, I was in the same shoes as you at one point, saw a girl I liked every day, pondered about asking her out constantly and told myself all the things i am telling you now. I eventually did it and got rejected but that's not the point. The point isn't if you get accepted rejected even laughed at (which almost certainly won't happen considering the courage it takes), the point is that you did it and your experience and social skills go up just that little bit which goes a long way in the future. You'll probably get rejected but if you're lucky she might say yes. what's the worse that could happen
Alrighty...

There's a good chance she's familiar with you as well... so why not try and build up a rapport with her. Start off slowly at first and play it by ear. If you notice she looks in your direction, maybe give her a nod or something and see if she responds. If she's OK, she'll make a similar gesture back... If it works move on to a smile next time and build it up from there. If she's not interested (or freaked out by your approach) , she'll ignore you completely and pretend to be engrossed in a book, on her phone or whatever... in most extreme cases she'll change the time / place she takes a bus.
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by skippy_69
Just go for it, lad, the fact is nobody cares if you ask a girl out or not; everyone's too worried about themselves that even if the girl doesn't like you, it's a simple 'no thanks' and she'll forget about it after a while. The only person who would feel anxious, awkward or whatever feelings you've got right now is yourself. Think about if you were a girl and a guy asked you out. Really imagine if you were in her shoes, if you didn't like him, you'd be flattered and say no if you did, win win. You've got nothing to lose in this sense and that means you get the freedom of asking whoever you want out. You've just got to consistently tell yourself that the worse that can happen is she says no. Imagine the relief you feel after studying for an exam for a really long time, then finally taking it. No matter if you passed with flying colour did ok or definitely failed, there's still that sense of relief. This is just like that. The relief and release of tension you will feel afterwards is unparalleled. And if the problem is solely because your on the bus just forget about the people around you, like i said, they don't care, everyone's too caught up in their own lives to even care what you're doing, them glancing over at you is just pure curiosity. Any normal upstanding human being would just ignore it and move on. Anyways, I was in the same shoes as you at one point, saw a girl I liked every day, pondered about asking her out constantly and told myself all the things i am telling you now. I eventually did it and got rejected but that's not the point. The point isn't if you get accepted rejected even laughed at (which almost certainly won't happen considering the courage it takes), the point is that you did it and your experience and social skills go up just that little bit which goes a long way in the future. You'll probably get rejected but if you're lucky she might say yes. what's the worse that could happen

Had to pull up on the bit in bold.. it really depends on how you go about asking her out. Some guys really do turn into idiots when they see an attractive girl... and make a really bad impression (either being "creepy"; obnoxious or they won't take no for an answer) such that she can't wait to get away from him.

Other than that, it's a pretty good post, and I concur with it on the whole

Spoiler

Reply 7
It’s inappropriate to ask someone when they are going about their normal business. Someone you fall in love with from a far is unlikely to be waiting for a random stranger to ask them out and probably views such approaches as at best a nuisance. Try to exchange a smile or some pleasantries and see in there is any mutual interest you can build on
Reply 8
Original post by Old Skool Freak
Had to pull up on the bit in bold.. it really depends on how you go about asking her out. Some guys really do turn into idiots when they see an attractive girl... and make a really bad impression (either being "creepy"; obnoxious or they won't take no for an answer) such that she can't wait to get away from him.

Other than that, it's a pretty good post, and I concur with it on the whole

Spoiler

Yeah this is true, i thought if the guy took the time to think about it and ask for advice on here he would be at least decent about it. Some strange people out there tho so u never no to be fair.

yeah my bad about the paragraphs kind of just did a brain dump lmao
Reply 9
I certainly wouldnt ask her out without buildung a rappirt or trying to at least, i see her everyday and shes realised i exist, she does glance at me here and there so I will just try and approach her and make it natural as possible

Sorry that's just creepy and why do l feel like your in love with this girl by her looks

But go for it just ask normally don't disturb if she says no
Reply 11
I certainly wouldnt ask her out without buildung a rappirt or trying to at least, i see her everyday and shes realised i exist, she does glance at me here and there so I will just try and approach her and make it natural as possible

My advice would be to go for it, even if she says no, it doesn't mean it game over, you could just play it off and then build a rapport. Doing this lets her know you're interested and shows confidence.

at the end of the day it's you're choice and you make a good point which is also a valid route. It's just I've seen friends who've tried the same thing as you, it became awkward and didn't really work out and they're just stuck in the "friend zone" as she finds other romantic interests. It might just be the type of girl though idk.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 12
Sorry that's just creepy and why do l feel like your in love with this girl by her looks

uh how do you first get interested in a girl or guy then? you cant see personality from purely looking. from my eyes this is harmless
Reply 13

I understand where your coming from which is why Im here as im confused about my feelings....i guess it is because of her looks but i see her everyday and she started giving me signals but i feel like I have seen some of her personality traits, she seems like someone who keeps herself to herself, she does not crave attention **** nost girls and shes not needy.
I understand where your coming from which is why Im here as im confused about my feelings....i guess it is because of her looks but i see her everyday and she started giving me signals but i feel like I have seen some of her personality traits, she seems like someone who keeps herself to herself, she does not crave attention **** nost girls and shes not needy.

Sorry l didn't it that way or maybe you guys can become friends and see what it's like to be around her, because maybe it's not a relationship but just a normal attraction

l know most people like each other because of their looks but l feel like if u like a person because of their looks you may find another person by their looks as well
Original post by skippy_69
uh how do you first get interested in a girl or guy then? you cant see personality from purely looking. from my eyes this is harmless

but isn't it weird just wanting to ask her out in the bus as a stranger
Reply 16
but isn't it weird just wanting to ask her out in the bus as a stranger

Exactly but if your attracted to someone you want to know them better especially if you feel they are giving you signals...you have to find out and explore what you feel
Exactly but if your attracted to someone you want to know them better especially if you feel they are giving you signals...you have to find out and explore what you feel

true just find out more about her and understand her
just plz don't ask her straight out

l mean u can but l feel like this not an ideal move
Reply 19
l mean u can but l feel like this not an ideal move

Believe me im not someone who would do that and i dont believe in doing that also im quite a reserved person, whats driving me crazy is i think she might be into me (little signals like the way she glances and tries to sit close to me as possible etc) but we never get an opportunity to interact!!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending