The Student Room Group

I'm 17 and a virgin

Hello, tsr.

I recently started sixth form this September and settling into the college lifestyle has made me realise how inadequate I am compared to everyone else. All I hear about passing by people is their nights with their boyfriends/girlfriends, all my friends ever want to talk about is how great their girlfriends are in bed... (my friends are all guys, but I'm a girl)
I'm 17 and feel I have already left it too late to experience it all. I personally know girls younger than me who have already been in uh, let's just say more than one guy in the same night.
I haven't ever been able to hold a proper relationship as when it came to the subject of sex, I'd say I wasn't ready, and they'd never want to speak again, which keeps hurting me.
I'm 5'2 and have dark brown hair, I wouldn't say I was ugly, but I'm not the most attractive person in the world, weighing 6.5 stone.
The girls I have on Facebook always post pictures so easily of their flawless figures and cleavage and times with their friends, yet I can't even manage to have a picture of myself on my profile because I know I'm not attractive enough like they all are.
Is everything already lost for me? I feel I should give up on ever finding a boyfriend at all, which my parents bug me about. No-one wants an inexperienced girl at my age :/

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Age is just a number, and if they're doing a runner when you say you're not ready, it's for the best.

Dignity is rare commodity nowadays, but certainly not a bad thing.
You're 17. 17. You're barely past the legal age, if you've had the opportunity and have refused as you weren't ready (good for you) then who's to say it won't occur again in the future when you are ready? Trust me there will be an incredible amount of people in your position, boys and girls. Focus on you and Sixth Form and see how everything goes. :]
Original post by Avrin2124
Hello, tsr.

I recently started sixth form this September and settling into the college lifestyle has made me realise how inadequate I am compared to everyone else. All I hear about passing by people is their nights with their boyfriends/girlfriends, all my friends ever want to talk about is how great their girlfriends are in bed... (my friends are all guys, but I'm a girl)
I'm 17 and feel I have already left it too late to experience it all. I personally know girls younger than me who have already been in uh, let's just say more than one guy in the same night.
I haven't ever been able to hold a proper relationship as when it came to the subject of sex, I'd say I wasn't ready, and they'd never want to speak again, which keeps hurting me.
I'm 5'2 and have dark brown hair, I wouldn't say I was ugly, but I'm not the most attractive person in the world, weighing 6.5 stone.
The girls I have on Facebook always post pictures so easily of their flawless figures and cleavage and times with their friends, yet I can't even manage to have a picture of myself on my profile because I know I'm not attractive enough like they all are.
Is everything already lost for me? I feel I should give up on ever finding a boyfriend at all, which my parents bug me about. No-one wants an inexperienced girl at my age :/

seriously?? most people are inexperienced when they're 17 and honestly most guys prefer virgins
Reply 4
Relax. Loads of people are virgins at this age. You don't have to be super attractive to get a boyfriend, and I'm sure at some point you will find someone who likes you enough and is understanding enough to not be perturbed by a wish to take things more slowly.
Hello, tsr.

Chill out you are only 17, plenty of time to experience all that, don't rush.
Funny thing was that my friends and I were having a similar convo the other day about how teens nowadays worry so much about relationships and sex . My friends and I are 17/18 and we've done nothing with guys but it doesn't bother us because there's more important things in life. 17 is a young age, focus on bigger/more important priorities such as education. Relationships nowadays don't last and are pointless, if anything it will just bring along problems and drama which no one wants. Just because you are at a legal age to do something it doesn't mean you have to rush into it.
Hello, tsr.

you're 17..seriously. And the girls u see on facebook are all hoes that's a fact
Are you actually kidding? Being 17 and having your virginity still intact is not a bad thing. When I was doing my GCSEs, most of have actually even had their first (proper) kiss. Lots had been had a boyfriend/girlfriend.

I think one of the most ridiculous sentences I've ever read is this one: "No-one wants an inexperienced girl at my age :/". At your age? 17 is a year into the legal age. I know people in their twenties who are virgins. Not being ready to take such a step is 2000% fine. It may not be as common anymore, but the about the people who wait until marriage, particularly those who then refuse to get married until they're finished with education - which they go on to study at a higher level.

Some people lose it just to be able to say that they have. You really shouldn't worry about such things. If I were you, I'd focus on college. It's better - in my opinion - to worry about/stress over exams (which earn to stress, due to the nature of be exams) than something like the fact that at the young age of 17 you're still a virgin.
Reply 9
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
Funny thing was that my friends and I were having a similar convo the other day about how teens nowadays worry so much about relationships and sex . My friends and I are 17/18 and we've done nothing with guys but it doesn't bother us because there's more important things in life. 17 is a young age, focus on bigger/more important priorities such as education. Relationships nowadays don't last and are pointless, if anything it will just bring along problems and drama which no one wants. Just because you are at a legal age to do something it doesn't mean you have to rush into it.

Totally agree with you :top: just give it time and hopefully the right person will come. Its frustrating ik but just dont do anything reckless.

Im 17 too and Im in the same situation as you! Focus on your priorities which is education and stop thinking about this topic!! Occupy yourself with other stuff so you have no time to even think about getting a relationship.

Stay positive and strong :yep::yy:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
17 is nothing, you really have nothing to worry about except from your A-Levels right now.
Original post by 1secondsofvamps

can't see why it's one or the other when you can do both, like a lot of teenagers do? :dontknow:
Reply 12
So what?
WHat the fuc, us Asians are trying to get the A+ at that age, not the D
. I personally know girls younger than me who have already been in uh, let's just say more than one guy in the same night.

Don't you mean they have already had more than one guy inside them in one night?
Tbh if you're a girl this isn't really something to worry about.
Tbh do whatever you want to do. The girl who wasn't a virgin at my school had a bad rep because they got pregnant then had a abortion urm. She's 16/17.
you're 17, not 50
you've been past the age of consent for just a year, you're still young and there's no harm in waiting for the right person :smile:
Whaaaattttt, you've got nothing to worry about!
I'd say the majority of 17 year olds are virgins anyways.
I'm 17 and there's only like 3 out of my friend group who aren't virgins.
Who gives a **** anyway, it's seriously not the be all and end all of everything-trust me lmao. So don't worry about it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending