The Student Room Group

Question to Women

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Chances are they will think you are a chugger.

Most people out on the street are in the process of going somewhere and won't want to be interrupted. Keep your pulling attempts to the bars and Internet.
Original post by ANM775
chatting up women on the streets in not a very effective way to get laid or get a gf OP. The flake rate is insane and unless you are getting a high percentage of numbers from girls you approach to compensate that ...it just takes far too many approaches to actually get some reward for your efforts.

here's a little secret though, some years ago I used to do this a lot, and also used to meet up with a lot other guys who would do this. Most of us wasn't getting great results from it [no gf, no getting laid], but the few guys who did [and i really do mean few], I noticed they were VERY persistant when talking to girls. Have you ever been walking down the street and a chugger approaches you and you tell him no and he keeps persisting and trying to overcome your excuses? ...well that's what these guys were like.

The majority of girls with whom they persisted they didn't get anywhere with and the girl did not change her mind. However a small amount of girls did actually change their mind after the persistence. So if you have the energy for it, you will get further by being persistent that giving up at the first sign of resistance. I tried being persistant [I am natrually not very persistent] and eventually I convinced an attractive girl who kept making excuses to give me her phone number ....but in the end I decided not to take the number because the girl actually let out a big sigh when she finally agreed and i didn't feel good taking it. She seemed somewhat shocked though when i left without taking it, ..maybe i should of took it ... i dunno

after that i went back to being non persistent, it just suits me more and i feel more comfortable .....but definitely being persistent will yield more results [if you've got the mindset for it]

I absolutely agree with you that being persistent if your work or in life in general gets you closer to your dream. Yea and its the mindset, as you mentioned, you need to know what you want and if you go in with that energy then you will attract people of similar energy. Although that doesn't really work with women for me, I will definitely take this advice and apply this in other areas of my life. Really appreciate the feedback! :smile:
Original post by ANM775
chatting up women on the streets in not a very effective way to get laid or get a gf OP. The flake rate is insane and unless you are getting a high percentage of numbers from girls you approach to compensate that ...it just takes far too many approaches to actually get some reward for your efforts.

here's a little secret though, some years ago I used to do this a lot, and also used to meet up with a lot other guys who would do this. Most of us wasn't getting great results from it [no gf, no getting laid], but the few guys who did [and i really do mean few], I noticed they were VERY persistant when talking to girls. Have you ever been walking down the street and a chugger approaches you and you tell him no and he keeps persisting and trying to overcome your excuses? ...well that's what these guys were like.

The majority of girls with whom they persisted they didn't get anywhere with and the girl did not change her mind. However a small amount of girls did actually change their mind after the persistence. So if you have the energy for it, you will get further by being persistent that giving up at the first sign of resistance. I tried being persistant [I am natrually not very persistent] and eventually I convinced an attractive girl who kept making excuses to give me her phone number ....but in the end I decided not to take the number because the girl actually let out a big sigh when she finally agreed and i didn't feel good taking it. She seemed somewhat shocked though when i left without taking it, ..maybe i should of took it ... i dunno

after that i went back to being non persistent, it just suits me more and i feel more comfortable .....but definitely being persistent will yield more results [if you've got the mindset for it]

This is outrageously inappropriate and terrible advice. No means NO.
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
No, they look like charity people.

But that's if you first start by saying can I have a few minutes of your time. But anyways I respect your point of view and will be taken into account!
Original post by King Draziton
But that's if you first start by saying can I have a few minutes of your time. But anyways I respect your point of view and will be taken into account!

Yeah, but sometimes they try and start an actual conversation with you to 'draw you in', and then slowly drift onto what they're trying to sell lol.
Original post by Kelly.Bee
Since I have a BF (most of the time :smile:) I politely ignore them. But there were two guys whom I'd lovely spend my time with :P

Alright thx for the feedback! :smile:
Original post by Reue
Chances are they will think you are a chugger.

Most people out on the street are in the process of going somewhere and won't want to be interrupted. Keep your pulling attempts to the bars and Internet.

Yeap, I agree with you that some people may be busy, but you'll be amazed at how some are willing to spend some time to talk. Anyways thx for the feedback! :smile:
Original post by Nirvana1989-1994
Yeah, but sometimes they try and start an actual conversation with you to 'draw you in', and then slowly drift onto what they're trying to sell lol.

Hahaha, I get what you mean. Point noted and thx for the feedback!
Reply 48
hells yea
Original post by Tiger Rag
No.

I've had someone do this and it's quite creepy. He would not take no for an answer. Nor did he care that this was making me quite uncomfortable.

I agree with you, that we must know when to pull back and when to continue in the conversation. Thx for the feedback anyways!
Original post by King Draziton
Hahaha, I get what you mean. Point noted and thx for the feedback!

Haha, and all good. :smile:
Original post by hezzlington

I agree that to a certain extent it can be appropriate but this will be most applicable in other areas of life such as being persistent in work. They are some positives and negatives but everyone is different in the way they do things!
Original post by john2054
really op, don't follow this advice. try meeting a girl you like and can talk to at college, ask her for her number, and take it from there okay??

Hahaha sure thing, point noted and thx for the feedback, really appreciate it! :smile:
Just leave people alone. You can fire off a quick compliment without stopping

Alright thx for the feedback!
Original post by Supernova91
No ! Probably not TBH , I'd be too weirded out that a random guy on the street had stopped me . I'd spend most of the time trying to get away as opposed to listening to what he was saying.

It'd depend entirely on the context though, but more than likely not .

I see, we need to know when to continue and when to let go. Thx for the feedback anyways, appreciate it!
Why do you feel the need to stop someone in the first place? You have to remember that not everyone is comfortable with this. I'm certainly not.
Original post by Tiger Rag
Why do you feel the need to stop someone in the first place? You have to remember that not everyone is comfortable with this. I'm certainly not.

Maybe you find something about them interesting and you'd like to point it out. Humans are sociable creatures and I believe that communication has plummeted due to implementation of technology but I completely respect your point of view. I appreciate the feedback anyways.
Reply 57

I wouldn't say I gave terrible advice.
If you look at my post, firstly before I said anything, I said approaching women in the street is not a good way to get laid or get a gf.

Secondly I described first hand my experiences with being persistent, and what I witnessed with other guys. I told him being persistent is more effective than simply walking away at the first sign of resistance ...because at the end of the day it's true. I also told why I stopped being persistent ...and explained that taking the persistent stance is not for everyone.

I gave a detailed viewpoint based on real life experiences. Upon reading the post it seems he has decided that being persistent with girls is not for him, and I totally respect that ...as tbh it wasn't really for me either.

I saw a lot of advice saying to just quickly leave if the girl seems not interested and whilst that is "the right thing to do" ... at the end of the day a guy generally will get better results if he is somewhat persistent...just like a chugger will collect more money if he is somewhat persistent. At the end of the day it is upto the user to decide if he is comfortable with it or not. If they're not then that's fine.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 58
Its fine

but lemme just tell you something, women don't mess about nowadays. If she tells you that shes not interested or shows signs of not being interested then respect it and move on. Don't keep trying to change her mind. this is the thing that really annoys most women about a guy approaching him, when he can't take the hint and move on.
Original post by ANM775
I wouldn't say I gave terrible advice.
If you look at my post, firstly before I said anything, I said approaching women in the street is not a good way to get laid or get a gf.

Secondly I described first hand my experiences with being persistent, and what I witnessed with other guys. I told him being persistent is more effective than simply walking away at the first sign of resistance ...because at the end of the day it's true. I also told why I stopped being persistent ...and explained that taking the persistent stance is not for everyone.

I gave a detailed viewpoint based on real life experiences. Upon reading the post it seems he has decided that being persistent with girls is not for him, and I totally respect that ...as tbh it wasn't really for me either.

I saw a lot of advice saying to just quickly leave if the girl seems not interested and whilst that is "the right thing to do" ... at the end of the day a guy generally will get better results if he is somewhat persistent...just like a chugger will collect more money if he is somewhat persistent. At the end of the day it is upto the user to decide if he is comfortable with it or not. If they're not then that's fine.

Perfect clarification! I definitely agree with you and really appreciate your advice and feedback. It's nice to have a few people in the community such as yourself who's willing to share personal experiences to the public and I totally respect you for it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending