The Student Room Group

How would you answer this mmi question?

Your patient speaks very little English. Her husband, who speaks English more fluently, translates for her. He frequently cuts you off during discussion and appears to be making decisions for her, sometimes without translating your information for his wife. The woman is very quiet and rarely smiles. You are worried that she may not have the information she needs to make fully informed choices about her health care.
and
Imagine you are the principal of a large, respected school. There has been an allegation that a humiliating film of a young disabled person has been circulating on the Internet. Two final year students are up before you to explain their actions in the creation of the video. The video appears to show a young person with intellectual impairment being verbally abused by one of the students while a group of senior students look on laughing. What are the issues that you, as the principal, are likely to consider both before and at a disciplinary hearing?
Looking at your previous posts you have gone from it to diagnostic radiotherapy to child nursing.
No one is meant to answer MMI'S questions for you as they're based on your interpretation of them and what YOU would do in that scenario.
MMI's are a way for the interviewers to gather who you are as a person and if you're the right person for the course.
If you're not sure what you want to do take some time out and gain experience in the field you think you want to go in to see if it's the right thing for you.
It's pointless going through applications interviews organising finances etc to then just drop out of the course once you find its not what you want to do.
Best of luck and take a look at www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15877-nursing-interviews for some advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by deviant182
Looking at your previous posts you have gone from it to diagnostic radiotherapy to child nursing.
No one is meant to answer MMI'S questions for you as they're based on your interpretation of them and what YOU would do in that scenario.
MMI's are a way for the interviewers to gather who you are as a person and if you're the right person for the course.
If you're not sure what you want to do take some time out and gain experience in the field you think you want to go in to see if it's the right thing for you.
It's pointless going through applications interviews organising finances etc to then just drop out of the course once you find its not what you want to do.
Best of luck and take a look at www.thestudentroom.co.uk/content.php?r=15877-nursing-interviews for some advice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im already on my gap year and cant afford another year off.. I did visit the hospital to watch the child nurses and liked it acctually but Im still soo stuck..coming from an asian family its hard.I read up on physiology and thought it was interesting since I do love bio. Im retaking some modules and if I do well which I hope I'll change my course to it.

Quick Reply

Latest