The Student Room Group

Underage sex. He's 15 I'm 16

My boyfriend and I have been together for a while now and he's started to finger me. I was wondering is it wrong for us to do sexual things but not have sex.like is it illegal? I really can't get done for underage sex

Scroll to see replies

no it's fine, you won't get done for being underage..
Reply 3
Original post by Dannielle.311
My boyfriend and I have been together for a while now and he's started to finger me. I was wondering is it wrong for us to do sexual things but not have sex.like is it illegal? I really can't get done for underage sex
Legally, any sexual activity is illegal if one (or both of you) is under the age of consent. This includes masturbation, allowing one another to watch one another masturbate, and even kissing.

Morally, if you're both ready I'd personally just say be really quiet about it. If it's a normal relationship and you're doing normal relationshippy things, you're not likely to end up in trouble - provided you're careful, cautious, and discreet.
Reply 4
Original post by Jackieox
no it's fine, you won't get done for being underage..

One of them is 15 which makes it illegal though.

Its fine because the age difference is inconsequential. Theres a legal leeway where as long as its consenting, its perfectly legal for two people of similar age to have sex even if one of them is technically under the age of consent. I mean if you want to be safe, just wait a few months until his birthday. But otherwise, I don't think you need to worry. And besides, only way you'd ever get arrested is if it was unconsensual because your boyfriend is hardly going to go reporting you if it is consensual is he? And also, as a woman, the law will mostly side with you on this issue too.
Reply 6

although technically illegal, with such a minor age gap the police wouldn't be too interested putting you in jail as it would be deemed not in the public interest.

at the very most you'd just get a speaking to by them and they would try and scare you into not doing it, ...but no ...with such a minor age gap in this country you won't get prosecuted.

source:

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Although it's technically illegal, with such a small age gap I very much doubt the police will do anything.
My nephew is 15, he's managed to get his 16-year-old girlfriend pregnant. Neither the police nor social services are interested in treating it as a crime or safeguarding concern.

I wouldn't advise you are sexually active with each other (my nephew has pretty much ruined his education and in all honesty his life) but from my family's experience legally there is little to worry about.
At 15 and 16, you honestly cannot be dying to have sex!!! One of you is even underage.

TSR, you should not be encouraging a minor to have sex!

You should be focusing on finishing school, growing this relationship past physical emotions and doing everything other than sex!
Illegal, and honestly I'd suggest waiting just that bit longer.
Original post by LegalDiaries
At 15 and 16, you honestly cannot be dying to have sex!!! One of you is even underage.

TSR, you should not be encouraging a minor to have sex!

You should be focusing on finishing school, growing this relationship past physical emotions and doing everything other than sex!

great bait

Original post by CobaltRose96
Although it's technically illegal, with such a small age gap I very much doubt the police will do anything.

True. Despite it being illegal, whenever I've heard of this sort of thing happening in my area, no one really cares. And in OP's case it's even less of a concern since I'm assuming she's a girl. Society tends not to care as much when it's the female that's older
Original post by UWS
One of them is 15 which makes it illegal though.

I'm not denying that. All i'm saying is they're a consensual relationship and the police have far more important things to worry about so in answer to her original question. No..Op won't get done for it.

No sexual acts until the legal age.
That goes for both of you!
:angry:
Original post by Jackieox
I'm not denying that. All i'm saying is they're a consensual relationship and the police have far more important things to worry about so in answer to her original question. No..Op won't get done for it.

Eye-witeness: I saw two underage kids having sex, and there was a thief three blocks from here.
Dumb policeman: Get the kids, let the thief do a runner!
Eye-witness: He's armed though!
Dumb policeman: Doesn't matter! The kids are more dangerous!!!
When I was your age I was too busy trying to beat the boss level of a video game.

Kids these days smh.
ehhhhh, who cares? the police don't care about things like this
also, the legal age of consent in france is 15 - they seem to be doing fine.
in fact, it's 14 in spain, isn't it?
does it really make scientific sense that you can only consent to something by crossing an imaginary border?
(edited 7 years ago)
fingering is really 90s
Original post by BigYoSpeck
My nephew is 15, he's managed to get his 16-year-old girlfriend pregnant. Neither the police nor social services are interested in treating it as a crime or safeguarding concern.

I wouldn't advise you are sexually active with each other (my nephew has pretty much ruined his education and in all honesty his life) but from my family's experience legally there is little to worry about.

I just turned 19 yesterday and I know my brother's best mate who is 14 and he's expecting a kid in a couple of months from now

ffs what has the world become to. :argh::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
The police take into account your age when they prosecute sex with a minor - so if you're the same school year or one year different then they probably won't prosecute as you're not exactly 'taking advantage' of your boyfriend when you're so similar in age

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending