The Student Room Group

Informal interview - what to expect?

Hi guys,

So i have a informal interview next week for a University and i was just wondering what questions to expect, or if anybody could share their experience of one and what happened?

Thanks in advance!
Original post by EshanMistry73
Hi guys,

So i have a informal interview next week for a University and i was just wondering what questions to expect, or if anybody could share their experience of one and what happened?

Thanks in advance!

What course is it for? :smile:
Reply 2
What University and course is it?

Usually it's just generic questions like:

Why do you want to do the course?
Why did you chose their university over others?
Why did you chose the A level subjects or whatever course you're doing?
Strengths/weaknesses?
Why should they chose you?
Hobbies/work experience?

And finally, what are you reading? Or what's your favourite book?

It's an informal interview which just means no need to be all dressed up but the questions mostly stay the same. You can Google it and read how to answer them and how not to answer them.
Reply 3
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

Informal interviews are as much about them as you. A lot of it will be the "interviewer" telling you how good their course is and persuading you to Firm them.
Original post by jneill
Informal interviews are as much about them as you. A lot of it will be the "interviewer" telling you how good their course is and persuading you to Firm them.

Gotcha, Thank you! :smile:

Original post by Devify
What University and course is it?

Usually it's just generic questions like:

Why do you want to do the course?
Why did you chose their university over others?
Why did you chose the A level subjects or whatever course you're doing?
Strengths/weaknesses?
Why should they chose you?
Hobbies/work experience?

And finally, what are you reading? Or what's your favourite book?

It's an informal interview which just means no need to be all dressed up but the questions mostly stay the same. You can Google it and read how to answer them and how not to answer them.

Thanks for your help :smile:
Hi guys,

Thanks in advance!

I have an informal interview at Leeds... how was the interview? did you have to dress smartly?:erm::erm:
Original post by lingling101
I have an informal interview at Leeds... how was the interview? did you have to dress smartly?:erm::erm:

I recently had one at a different university and decided to dress semi-smartly so I wore a blouse and a skirt. A lot of other people wore jeans etc but I was glad I made the decision to look reasonably smart. Up to you really!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending