The Student Room Group

Order not delivered, asking for a refund but no repsonse - PLEASE HELP

I ordered something from a website called Trending Tribes in late November and had an email on 9th Dec to say it had been dispatched and should take between 12-20 days to arrive.

I waited until new year and nothing. I emailed asking for a tracking number and found that it had come from China and the last details recorded were it leaving China on 11th Dec. I know that Chinese deliveries could take a long time but it has been almost two whole months since I ordered it and over a month since it was dispatched.

I used the online form to send a message saying that I was not impressed with the service and, although I didn't want my order cancelling, I would like to request a refund. I sent it via the form because that's the only way to contact them according to their website (meaning I have no idea if it has actually gone through or not). I waited for about a week and heard nothing so sent something again asking for them to acknowledge my request. It has been 5 days since that message and still no reply.

It's not a huge amount of money (about £25) but I'm worried about where my product is, where my money has gone, and how do I get them to respond?
Original post by greghayes
I ordered something from a website called Trending Tribes in late November and had an email on 9th Dec to say it had been dispatched and should take between 12-20 days to arrive.

I waited until new year and nothing. I emailed asking for a tracking number and found that it had come from China and the last details recorded were it leaving China on 11th Dec. I know that Chinese deliveries could take a long time but it has been almost two whole months since I ordered it and over a month since it was dispatched.

I used the online form to send a message saying that I was not impressed with the service and, although I didn't want my order cancelling, I would like to request a refund. I sent it via the form because that's the only way to contact them according to their website (meaning I have no idea if it has actually gone through or not). I waited for about a week and heard nothing so sent something again asking for them to acknowledge my request. It has been 5 days since that message and still no reply.

It's not a huge amount of money (about £25) but I'm worried about where my product is, where my money has gone, and how do I get them to respond?

do you know which postal service it was sent through?
I think it's called China Post
bump
How did you pay? If it was through Pay Pal or Visa, either a Visa Debit card, or credit card, then you should be covered. I'm assuming the same applies to Mastercard.
Original post by markova21
How did you pay? If it was through Pay Pal or Visa, either a Visa Debit card, or credit card, then you should be covered. I'm assuming the same applies to Mastercard.

visadebit card, but they haven't acknowledged my request for a refund so I don't even know if they know that I want one
visadebit card, but they haven't acknowledged my request for a refund so I don't even know if they know that I want one

I'd give it a couple of more days, then contact Visa again. Maybe they have already started looking into it.

I have never had any trouble buying things from China, but things get lost.

As markova points out how you paid can be important. It used to be the case that you could claim from the credit card company, but it would need to be a CC and over £100. Fortunately there is an additional scheme which covers debit cards as well called charegback. I am unaware of any foreign limitations, but you simply make a request to your card company for the money back. It covers non delivery. It also includeds transactions on debit cards.

The details are here.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/visa-mastercard-chargeback

The template letter is here.

[Your address]
[Debit/ Credit card company address]
Dear [customer services manager's name],
Claim under Visa Chargeback Scheme rules
I am writing to you in connection with the purchase of [insert details] on [date] from [details of seller]. I enclose the following documentation which provides details of the transaction:
[List documents e.g. invoices, receipts, details of estimated delivery dates that you are submitting with the Chargeback claim.]
I paid for [insert details] using my [insert supplier name] [debit] [credit] card.
The total cost of [insert details] was [£xx].
In breach of contract [insert details of the problem – see our guide to Chargeback for details of what can and can't be claimed using Chargeback].
The transaction for the purchase of [insert details] was less than 120 days ago and accordingly, I am writing to request a refund of the above amounts under the Chargeback Scheme rules.
I look forward to your prompt response.
Yours sincerely,

There is a 120 days time limit from the moment you noticed the issue, so best make the claim sooner rather than later. It wouldnt surpise me if it turns up.
Reply 8
visadebit card,

Call you bank,. say you want to make a visa chargeback. They will send you a short form to complete. Money is usually back within a week. Simples.
Reply 9
^ they send form if it's over £100 if less they will reverse transaction.
Reply 10
Original post by chikane
^ they send form if it's over £100 if less they will reverse transaction.

Charge back requested for £50. Form was sent.
UPDATE

I've just gathered the courage to write a chargeback letter (apparently my bank aren't known for being generous with chargeback but it's worth a shot) since there is still no tracking updates. It has been 44 days now so over twice the estimated delivery time. I'll see what happens next, I guess. Thanks all for your help.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending