Glycolic acid peels

Original post by sameehaiqbal
The pill can help

lets change it to home remedies:biggrin:
Original post by D.SHA64
how to make my acne go as fast as possible using home remedies
it went for a while
but its coming back now and i think its stress related

I know what u mean - home remedies are useless. Don't put loads of 'acids' on your face like peels or even face masks because they irritate my sking it made it worst for a time. Like, seriously bad. Instead just keep it simple, I cut everything out, and instead only used tea tree pads, this disgusting soap but absorbs all your oils (magic) and went to my GP who gave me Differin. That was a lifesaver
Original post by D.SHA64
lets change it to home remedies:biggrin:

I think going to the GP can solve your problems quicker as they have special types of lotions for this issue.

Im not sure about home remedies but you can always google them?

The pill has definitely gotten rid of all if not most of my acne.
Reply 6
Original post by D.SHA64
how to make my acne go as fast as possible using home remedies
it went for a while
but its coming back now and i think its stress related

You can try exfoliants like sugar scrub and teatree or any other thing you can find on google. I found a teatree product from body shop quite effective along with a home-made sugar scrub (sugar, agave syrup, dash of olive olive oil). I think cocoa butter is meant to be good too, especially for any marks left behind. Just be careful with lemon juice cos you will apparently burn more easily in the sun. Also anything with lovely scents and stuff will probably not be as good as the more plain stuff cos the scents and flavours tend to be pore blockers.

But honestly i'd see how it goes with something from the doctor or pharmacy. There are some things they can give you that can be really effective. Most are topical with ingredients like alcohol so it's not like taking medication, it's basically just a stronger version of branded ones. It's at least worth trying.
Reply 7
I think going to the GP can solve your problems quicker as they have special types of lotions for this issue.

Im not sure about home remedies but you can always google them?

The pill has definitely gotten rid of all if not most of my acne.

whats the pill?
Original post by D.SHA64
whats the pill?

The hormonal contraceptive pill.

A woman's ovaries and adrenal glands normally produce low levels of androgens. Higher levels of androgens can lead to excess sebum. Taking birth control pills that contain both estrogen and progesterone lowers the amount of androgens in your body. This results in less sebum and less severe acne.
Reply 9
The hormonal contraceptive pill.

A woman's ovaries and adrenal glands normally produce low levels of androgens. Higher levels of androgens can lead to excess sebum. Taking birth control pills that contain both estrogen and progesterone lowers the amount of androgens in your body. This results in less sebum and less severe acne.

doesn't it mess with your hormones
I am also in this situation and I'm going to the doctors tomorrow about it actually. I think they might suggest prescribing a drug called accutane and I've read all about it. A very dangerous and high risk drug, very sinister. If they suggest this, hell no am I taking it. Not a cats chance in hell! It can make you very very depressed.
try going vegan for a few weeks and see if that helps.
Reply 12
Use honey as a mask, it's great for scars, spots and blemishes, you can mix it with extra virgin olive oil.

Honey has antimicrobial properties and the stickiness pulls away dead skin and microbes from the pores while the antimicrobial properties keep the skin from getting infected again.

Take the diary out of your diet.

Get a lotion, preferably a gel which has ''Benzoyl peroxide''.

Scrub using sea salt and coconut oil. Moisturize your skin because drying out the skin will only force it to produce more oil.

this helped my acne go after like a week of continuous use, u can buy it in holland and barrett
Tea tree oil and witch hazel
When I tried going vegan it made my acne worse. Not recommended but everyone is different of course.

Quick Reply

Latest