The Student Room Group

What fundamental woman's rights is Trump threatening?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by _Charlotte15
The protests yesterday were taking a stance on the views Trump has voiced in the past against women. It was a warning by women that such misoygnist views will not be tolerated, just because a man like himself is in charge. So, how were they useless?

It is becoming more apparent each day that the leftist hivemind simply isn't equipped to deal with Donald J Trump.

Trump simply doesn't care what the SJW mob/MSM/mainstream political parties think of him.

Like ordinary people all over the West he has rejected the PC fascism inflicted upon us by the elitist establishment, and is more in tune with ordinary people.

First Brexit and now Trump, the writing is on the wall for the left.

You're done.
Original post by joe cooley
It is becoming more apparent each day that the leftist hivemind simply isn't equipped to deal with Donald J Trump.

Trump simply doesn't care what the SJW mob/MSM/mainstream political parties think of him.

Like ordinary people all over the West he has rejected the PC fascism inflicted upon us by the elitist establishment, and is more in tune with ordinary people.

First Brexit and now Trump, the writing is on the wall for the left.

You're done.

He doesn't care about the 'status quo' or the views of the mainstream but continually tweets in defence. Only today he's tweeted in retaliation to the women's marches, to me thats a man who cares very much about the views held of him by the majority.
He doesn't care about the 'status quo' or the views of the mainstream but continually tweets in defence. Only today he's tweeted in retaliation to the women's marches, to me thats a man who cares very much about the views held of him by the majority.

Or could it be that he simply prefers to communicate directly to the people of US bypassing the left wing filter of the MSM?
Or could it be that he simply prefers to communicate directly to the people of US bypassing the left wing filter of the MSM?

Or could it be, that he's just an extremely small minded man who feels the need to defend himself by social media?
Or could it be, that he's just an extremely small minded man who feels the need to defend himself by social media?

Indeed it could.

But we'll never know will we.
Indeed it could.

But we'll never know will we.

Nope so we'll agree to disagree.
Original post by Jammy Duel
And the protests yesterday were useless and futile, what exactly are they achieving?

Oh, and do you know when else people have said "don't bother, it's futile"?

They weren't futile, perhaps if you're updated with the news you'd know this.
Nope so we'll agree to disagree.

Yep, when something can't be proved either way thats the best thing to do.
Right, if Trump is so adverse to women receiving the same rights as men one would expect lawsuits aplenty from disgruntled female employees, particularly in a country chock full of lawyers like the US.

Yet not one of you has mentioned any .such lawsuit.............

How curious.

Your thoughts.
Original post by joecphillips
If it is untrue why should he be nice to them?

Do you have to be nice to people purposely trying to destroy your reputation?

As a President, he has a responsibility to serve all his citizens, even the ones who don't like him.

I don't even think you will be able to disagree with me on that one.
Its mentioned on another thread, but the hypocrisy of the woman currently protesting/whining about Trump is breathtaking!

A female rape victim can be punished for adultery in many Islamic shitholes, when was the last time you saw the wretched feminazis protesting that?

Never is the answer.

Quite unbelievable.

What's the ****ing point protesting for women's rights in countries ten or fifteen thousand miles away, from Washington DC?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 71
Original post by Bornblue
As a President, he has a responsibility to serve all his citizens, even the ones who don't like him.

I don't even think you will be able to disagree with me on that one.

Yes but this was before that and the states role is not to punish people only on the basis of accusations and what was said isn't about his role it was about him as a person and if you are falsely accused you have the right and I would say the responsibility to fight back and defend your reputation
Original post by cbreef
What's the ****ing point protesting for women's rights in countries ten or fifteen thousand miles away, from Washington DC?

I believe there have been demonstrations against the USA's close links with countries such as Saudi Arabia which treat women as second class citizens.

There has also been a huge movement against FGM too.

The point being, that it's difficult for them to influence what is going on 15,000 miles away. It's far easier to have an impact on what is happening in your own country.
He's not threatening any women's rights. He has no sexist policies.

People are convinced he's a misogynst because of a few things he's said, most of which shouldn't have been taken as seriously as they were.

Essentially because of some banter on a bus almost a decade ago (that people have blown way out of proportion - he even implied the groupies allowed him to do it) and some unsubstantiated allegations that followed straight after the bus comments were leaked, the world is going to end for women. They'll be chained to the oven in the kitchen, raped daily, forced to produce babies and will work for 10 cents on the dollar because Trump has said some off-colour crap.

Quick, take to the streets in protest. Show off how moral you are and how much you care. Feel good about yourselves. May as well make the most of your freedom before the free world reverts back the the 1890s, amiright??
There is no law in the first world separating men from women. How I wish they could come to my country and see how we are treated
I believe there have been demonstrations against the USA's close links with countries such as Saudi Arabia which treat women as second class citizens.

The point being, that it's difficult for them to influence what is going on 15,000 miles away. It's far easier to have an impact on what is happening in your own country.

That was my point...?
Original post by LisaNikita
There is no law in the first world separating men from women. How I wish they could come to my country and see how we are treated

What's your country
Original post by cherryred90s
What's your country

25% Ugandan 25% Egyptian then the rest Arabic (diaspora) and my dad is just Italian.
Original post by Dandaman1
He's not threatening any women's rights. He has no sexist policies.

People are convinced he's a misogynst because of a few things he's said, most of which shouldn't have been taken as seriously as they were.

Essentially because of some banter on a bus almost a decade ago (that people have blown way out of proportion - he even implied the groupies allowed him to do it) and some unsubstantiated allegations that followed straight after the bus comments were leaked, the world is going to end for women. They'll be chained to the oven in the kitchen, raped daily, forced to produce babies and will work for 10 cents on the dollar because Trump has said some off-colour crap.

Quick, take to the streets in protest. Show off how moral you are and how much you care. Feel good about yourselves. May as well make the most of your freedom before the free world reverts back the the 1890s, amiright??

No
Reply 79

The last time I checked there was several thousand miles between London and Washington.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending