The Student Room Group

Mature Students 2017 University Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
Original post by TheCosmicWizard
Hello ,

I am studing an access to higher education course in business studies , with a view to study logistics ,supply procurement and transport management

I ,for once, have had my admin together and had sent off my ucas app along with my tutors ref for the Dec 2016 deadline and as of last week have been offered my first choice
Midds university - pass 45 credit out of those 12 need to be merits
plus
Greenwich 112 ucas points , not sure what that translates as in credits though ?

As a cheeky bonus for getting my offer in early i have been invited to a meet and greet at midds next week to be scmoozed , i presume , yay go me !

Okay tried posting the table that says all of the UCAS tariff points converted into access credits but wouldn't let me -.-

112 = 30 merits and 15 distinctions
(link: http://www.cava.ac.uk/2015/12/15/access-to-he-diploma-ucas-tariff-2017-entry/ )
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Damzel
Okay tried posting the table that says all of the UCAS tariff points converted into access credits but wouldn't let me -.-

112 = 30 merits and 15 distinctions
(link: http://www.cava.ac.uk/2015/12/15/access-to-he-diploma-ucas-tariff-2017-entry/ )

Thank you very much Damzel , nice find!
Reply 222
Original post by TheCosmicWizard
Thank you very much Damzel , nice find!

No problem! I used it when I was considering which Universities to apply to when they didn't specify requirements for Access Students, it came in handy a lot
Thank you!
Reply 224
What can we call you?

Ian

What are you currently studying/what do you plan on studying before you start Uni?

OU Health Sciences

What do you plan on studying at Uni?

Operating Department Practitioner

Which Uni's are you looking at applying to?

Applied to UEA - Declined
Applied to Edgehill University - Interview 9th February
Applied to University of Suffolk - Awaiting response
Applied to University of Cambridge - Interview 1st March
Applied to UCLAN - Awaiting response.

If you want to say, how old are you?

38 Will be 39 once I Start.

Anything else you want to say about your plans or dreams?

I currently work in a very well paid job within the occupational health sector and have 15 years experience doing this.
Soon to be divorced, 4 children, and a supportive partner. I have no idea on my living arrangements if I get accepted.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 225
I start at middlesex in october to study veterinary nursing. I'll be 26 by the time i start. Is there anybody else starting at middlesex this year?
Original post by Jade.1
I start at middlesex in october to study veterinary nursing. I'll be 26 by the time i start. Is there anybody else starting at middlesex this year?

I have an interview and literacy and numeracy test next week so fingers crossed!
Reply 227
Original post by Dannie0
I have an interview and literacy and numeracy test next week so fingers crossed!

Ah what course is your interview for? Good luck!
Original post by Jade.1
Ah what course is your interview for? Good luck!

Adult nursing :smile: will you be moving in halls or commuting?
Reply 229
Original post by Dannie0
Adult nursing :smile: will you be moving in halls or commuting?

oh nice, will middlesex be your firm if you get an offer? i'll be moving to halls, i think i'll be applying to platt halls. what about you?
Original post by Jade.1
oh nice, will middlesex be your firm if you get an offer? i'll be moving to halls, i think i'll be applying to platt halls. what about you?

More than likely! And yeah I'll be moving into halls :smile: ah it's all exciting I really hope I get an offer from them!
Reply 231
What can we call you?

Liam

What are you currently studying/what do you plan on studying before you start Uni?

Nothing, already have a level 3 extended diploma in animal management with grade DDD. I've also been working in the animal industry since leaving college, mainly in medical research.

Veterinary Nursing

I've applied at Middlesex, college of west Anglia, RVC, Bristol and Harper Adams. I've got an interview with Middlesex (my first choice) and an unconditional offer for CWA (my second choice). I'm awaiting a reponse from the other 3.

23 but will be 24 when the course starts

Just really hoping I get into Middlesex!!
Original post by Liam19
What can we call you?

Liam

Nothing, already have a level 3 extended diploma in animal management with grade DDD. I've also been working in the animal industry since leaving college, mainly in medical research.

Veterinary Nursing

I've applied at Middlesex, college of west Anglia, RVC, Bristol and Harper Adams. I've got an interview with Middlesex (my first choice) and an unconditional offer for CWA (my second choice). I'm awaiting a reponse from the other 3.

My fingers are crossed for you Liam!! 😊
Reply 233
Original post by Jade.1

Hi Jade, did you have an interview? How was it? Were the questions fairly basic or not?
I've worked as a nurse before and I currently work in medical research. So I can do all the hands-on stuff, it's more the theory
Reply 234
Original post by Liam19
What can we call you?

Liam

Veterinary Nursing

I'm rooting for you Liam!
Reply 235
Original post by Dannie0
More than likely! And yeah I'll be moving into halls :smile: ah it's all exciting I really hope I get an offer from them!

Have you had a look at the halls online? Have you decided on one that you like yet?
Reply 236
Original post by Liam19
Hi Jade, did you have an interview? How was it? Were the questions fairly basic or not?
I've worked as a nurse before and I currently work in medical research. So I can do all the hands-on stuff, it's more the theory

Hiya, well done on getting an interview! yea had my interview in December then had an offer from them last monday. The interview is really casual, firstly you have your maths test and written task which is pretty simple. Then the group discussion where he just asks the group a few questions which you have to discuss between you all. Just make sure you interact with the others, involve yourself as much as you can. The sort of questions he asks are like how would you deal with certain situations or how can you change the veterinary world etc.
Reply 237
Original post by Jade.1
Hiya, well done on getting an interview! yea had my interview in December then had an offer from them last monday. The interview is really casual, firstly you have your maths test and written task which is pretty simple. Then the group discussion where he just asks the group a few questions which you have to discuss between you all. Just make sure you interact with the others, involve yourself as much as you can. The sort of questions he asks are like how would you deal with certain situations or how can you change the veterinary world etc.

Ok brilliant, thank you! My interview isn't until March, so I've got plenty of time to worry haha
What can we call you? Jasmin

Just finished an Access to Higher Education for Health Professionals

Occupational Therapy

Already have a place at Canterbury Christ Church Medway Campus

44 :smile:

Never too late!
Agreed! (fellow 40 something)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending