The Student Room Group

Why do some people push your buttons on purpose

Why do guys .. Well people in general push your buttons purposely then get mad when you react?

Example, my bf does things purposely to make me jealous ( I just realized this now) and he will do things to make me believe he's doing something wrong when he's actually not and he won't even tell me he will just laugh and grin, almost like he likes to torment me. Example, he'll talk on the phone and make it seem like he's talking to a girl be flirty, when I go to grab the phone and were wrestling around, I'll hear a dude on the phone saying hello hello and it's actually his guy friend that I know. ?????? Stuff like that and he won't even bother telling me he will just let me get worked up.
They think it's funny. I'd do the same thing back if that happens to me :colone:
Reply 2
I don't think you should generalise, certain people act certain ways and you've just met people who are like that. As to why, idk that's a complicated question involving genetics and upbringing regarding personality lmao.
cos they know girls will react and it's funny to watch
Reply 4
Childishness
Err cos it blatantly works.

I'm told I'm good looking. I'm not really the type focused on being a womanizer type anyhow, but I have noticed that guys getting it it is sod all to do with looks, although the likes of Beckham will always be loved from a distance, they are only ideals. In everyday life manipulation makes most women more interested. As I'm not really into this, I don't get women but it filters out to the rare types I go for.

Then, there are what I'd call more classy intelligent women, more secure, who are obviously not interested in guys who disrespect them(as opposed to the ones who say they are not when they are) due to more emotional intelligence. Mischief and deeper stuff might attract these though, and they may well not be monogamous.
inb4 break up.
Reply 7
Original post by xobeauty
Why do guys .. Well people in general push your buttons purposely then get mad when you react?

Example, my bf does things purposely to make me jealous ( I just realized this now) and he will do things to make me believe he's doing something wrong when he's actually not and he won't even tell me he will just laugh and grin, almost like he likes to torment me. Example, he'll talk on the phone and make it seem like he's talking to a girl be flirty, when I go to grab the phone and were wrestling around, I'll hear a dude on the phone saying hello hello and it's actually his guy friend that I know. ?????? Stuff like that and he won't even bother telling me he will just let me get worked up.

Correction : Why do SOME guys like pushing your buttons.

Your bf sounds very childish and mean.

I will never push someones " buttons" on purpose especially not my girlfriend.
Because you have no sense of humour? Or are extremely uptight?
Reply 9
Is this the same bf that cheated on you, in which case why are you still with him or do you have a new bf now? I can't keep up...
Original post by UWS
Is this the same bf that cheated on you, in which case why are you still with him or do you have a new bf now? I can't keep up...

Same
Reply 11
Same

I'm done with this thread now.

If you're still with a guy that cheated on you and is trying to wind you up (successfully) to the point where you are generalising this behaviour to all guys then I have no sympathy.

Can you hurry up and cheat on your bf with me.

Its about how you react, if you get angry or OTT, sadly, some people enjoy that. I had friends and bfs in the past who would do and say horrible things to me (but no one else so everyone thought they were 'nice') because they wanted a reaction from me, they knew I'd get wound up and explode, which they found entertaining, it gave them a kick or whatever, and it also meant they could point the finger and say 'look shes shouting at me for nothing, poor me I'm the victim here'.

It took me a few years to realise it and once I did I've been trying to either avoid people who purposely push my buttons or just don't give them any response. shrug it off, ignore them, laugh, roll your eyes etc.

i was under a lot of stress in my life so thats why i had such a short temper and people would bait me. now i try to be more relaxed. but sadly some people will take advantage of your emotional state for their own amusement (not real friends/bfs/gfs)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending