The Student Room Group

Growing my Grades to Fruitful A's

Hey guys!

So, it has been said that writing down your goals (well more like typing them here :colondollar:) will help you achieve them. As a current year 13 where all exams this summer will count to 100% of my final grade, I am not taking any risks to achieve the grades I need.

My goals for A levels is to get A*AA with a long term goal to be do medicine.

Here are my results so far are:

GSCEs
2A*s, 5As and 5Bs

AS Level
b - English literature
b - chemistry
c - biology
c - psychology

The subjects I am currently doing are:
Biology
Chemistry
Psychology

Because I of these grades last summer and my low UKCAT score :sad: I am taking a gap year.
Not to worry though, I am actually very excited with this prospect of a year off because I have many plans for it :cute:

Anyhow, I am even more determined of doing medicine but before I can even do that, I need to achieve the minimum grades of AAA.
I want to achieve an A* as it is a personal goal and would help my self-confidence (and also feed my ego :banana:) that I can achieve what I want if I put my mind to it. I
Rest assured guys, topic tests and mocks have consistently been As/Bs but it doesn't mean I will get these grades at the end of the year :bawling:

I hope that y'all be able to help me and nurture me to do 'A'-mazing :colone:

As what goes round, comes round, I hope that I'll be able to help some of you, whether that's to give advice or to learn from my mistakes :rave:
So...let these grades grow into fruitful As! :flower:
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Update #1

So at the moment I've re-written my AS notes for energetics (AQA chemistry) :biggrin:

Tomorrow I have a driving lesson and maybe start on writing out some of the required practicles for it

Definately need to start revising for the topic test for biology next week 😂

Praying for a chill weekend 🙏
Update #2

Hey!

So far today I've done NOTHING, although I have printed out past papers for AQA biology going as far back as 2005 :tongue: - can't believe they're 12 years old; older than my brother!

I plan to go and write up required practicals before writing cue cards for the variation, population, genetics & gene expression test next week :afraid:

Any other revision help would be great!

Plus for anyone who's interested, my driving lesson went well (I'm on my third one) and I only stalled once :auto:
you will be fine mayte
Original post by mar1enneh
you will be fine mayte

Cheers mayte 🙏
we should become study buddies
Reply 6
You can check here

Top 10 Engineering Colleges in the United States

http://www.top10best.me/2017/01/top-10-engineering-colleges-in-united.html
we should become study buddies

Oooh! What subjects do you do and what year are you in? It'd be great if we were study buddies 🙌🏽
Best of luck!
Keep up what you're doing now and I'm sure you'll do great! :h:
Original post by LeCroissant
Best of luck!
Keep up what you're doing now and I'm sure you'll do great! :h:

Thank you so much! Really do appreciate the encouragement! :smile:
Original post by MarshmallowStars
Oooh! What subjects do you do and what year are you in? It'd be great if we were study buddies 🙌🏽
politics history and sociology, but since we have similar aspirations grade wise it would be good for motivation
politics history and sociology, but since we have similar aspirations grade wise it would be good for motivation

Ahhh! It would be amazing motivation. I really do hope that we do well this year :smile:
Honestly, if you need any help or encouragement, I'm right here
I'm sure we can do this together :h:
Original post by MarshmallowStars
Ahhh! It would be amazing motivation. I really do hope that we do well this year :smile:
Honestly, if you need any help or encouragement, I'm right here
I'm sure we can do this together :h:

okay thankssssssss
Update #3

Righty...

It's been quite a productive day, really had my head focused today; quite surprised with that actually :biggrin:

So, started the of by going to the gym. RIP to my legs #legday :rip:

When I got home, I worked on the research method part of psychology. More specifically, I did the summary and strengths & weakness of observation, self-report and correlation. Had a plan today on what to do today but these lasted longer than expected *insert 'I really can't' expression* So i haven't been able to do other things today, although I am revising yet again for next week.

This means tomorrow, I will need to do:
- My chemistry and biology homework
- Write up the cooling curves practical
- Revise for next week's bio test
:bricks:

Just hoping I get sleep tomorrow
Update #4

About to get my head down and do a mountain of work! Wish me luck that I get out alive :boing:

Btw, if anyone can recommend any revision playlists on Spotify then that would be great!
today i only did the rest of the new deal chapter pages, and went over media and crime in socioogy not productive so the rest of my life until june will have to be full on
today i only did the rest of the new deal chapter pages, and went over media and crime in socioogy not productive so the rest of my life until june will have to be full on

Honestly, it's good to have days when it's not full on or else you're going to burnout much sooner - which is bad if this happens closer to exams.

Don't always go full on everyday as you'll end up not wanting to revise and procrastinate instead.

So don't beat yours left up about this ☺️ It's healthy for your mentality for days like that
Update #5

Kind of stressed atm :bawling:

I had a plan in terms of what AS and A2 topics I should be going over this week but I may have to abandon ship and focus on the biology test coming up.

I know that it's only a test (and not a mock or an exam) but I need to do well on it.
My argument is that not only would I hopefully get a good grade but I will be able to reinforce the topics that I need to learn for the exam, therefore, less stressed when I revise it again.

The only problem would be than my plan (or timetable, whatever you want to call it) will be thrown out of whack :doh:and I just won't be able to get back on track :hmpf:

Life can be so unfair :headfire:
Update #6

Hey guys!

So, I decided that instead of worrying about my little timetable dilemma, I decided to re-right it. It's effort but trust, it's stopped me panicking as I feel as though I have a little more control over my life :h:

I'm also halfway through research methods in psychology! :^_^: whoop whoop! :yeah:

IMG_6412.jpg
Small tip: do your revision from one or two sources, not five, like above :coma:
It's confusing, especially with definitions as there's always slight differences between them.

Lastly, I am mentoring 2 AS' in biology and chemistry tomorrow.
Yes, I understanding that I don't have the best grades BUT if you think about it, I have to revise the AS topics so that they understand.

It's a win-win situation :five:

Also, they are in similar positions as I was last year so I can give them my tips on not NOT to do when revising. I've learned a lot over the past year :yep:
Update #7

Hey guys!

After being MIA since the end of January, I am here! I AM ALIVE :aetsch:
Please forgive me

Anyway, if you care where I have been these past few weeks (let's be honest here, more like months) I honestly haven't bothered/forgotten to post.

I know, I know, but commitments like this I struggle with.

HOWEVER, I AM DETERMINED TO CHANGE

What keeps me motivated is that it is never too late...maybe it is but at this point, who really cares? :ahee:
I'm here to achieve my grades :proud:

So...in terms of revision, what have I actually done? Well I have:

- Finished my revision for AQA biology
- Finished my revision for AQA chemistry
- Finished my revision for OCR psychology
- And I have almost caught up with the A2 stuff in chem and bio...just psychology that I'm a bit behind on

When I say caught up, I mean caught up with my class.

HOW I revise takes me AGES to do and my not be the best technique ever :coma: i.e. I read and condense my notes down. The risk just writing down whatever I'm reading without actually paying attention to what I'm I am writing.

But for me, I can be a bit paranoid and this is one of the ways that re-assures me that I'm COVERING EVERYTHING.

Anyhow, I have A2 mocks coming up after Easter break. I'm going to treat them like actual exams because the topics they cover is everything from the last 2 years - no different from the actual, REAL exam.

Because of that, I will be doing past papers and mind maps on (hopefully) everything.

It's the final sprint so I'm determined to do well.

If anyone has any questions/advice for me or simply just want to encourage each other, don't be scared to post anything here :smile:

Love you guys!

Peace out!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending