The Student Room Group

Letters from Bank

Hi guys,

I've just applied for a bank account with lloyds on Friday and was wondering when the letters will arrive as I have to get them before my parents do. Does anyone know if the letters will arrive on Monday or Tuesday as these days I'm not at home? Also, I've applied for internet banking as well and ill be receiving a letter to confirm internet banking does anyone know when this will arrive? I dont want my parents to find out that ive applied with Lloyds Bank.

By the way, this is not related to the topic but does anyone know any good health forums?

Also, my cousins caught me smoking. If they tell my parents, what should I tell my parents? I'm of smoking age but my parents dont want me to smoke.

Kind regards,
Abdullah Siddique
Reply 1
Original post by Siddique123
Hi guys,

I've just applied for a bank account with lloyds on Friday and was wondering when the letters will arrive as I have to get them before my parents do. Does anyone know if the letters will arrive on Monday or Tuesday as these days I'm not at home? Also, I've applied for internet banking as well and ill be receiving a letter to confirm internet banking does anyone know when this will arrive? I dont want my parents to find out that ive applied with Lloyds Bank.

By the way, this is not related to the topic but does anyone know any good health forums?

Also, my cousins caught me smoking. If they tell my parents, what should I tell my parents? I'm of smoking age but my parents dont want me to smoke.

Kind regards,
Abdullah Siddique

Monday is very unlikely, as banks don't generally process things the same day (and don't usually work on Saturdays). Tuesday is possible, but still unlikely. But when you open a bank account you will get more than one letter - you'll get your debit card (if you asked for one, but you can sometimes ask for these to be sent to the branch), your PIN (which is supposed to arrive a different day), and a welcome letter. You might even get more letters if they need to ask further information or confirm an overdraft or similar.
Reply 2
Ill call lloyds bank tomorrow and ask just to be sure. Thanks for the reply.
Reply 3
Do banks send welcome letter? I didnt know that they do because when i applied for barclays 2 years ago they didnt give me a welcome letter. To my knowledge with Lloyds Bank, it should be three letters 1 for card, 1 for pin and 1 for internet banking.
Original post by Siddique123
Ill call lloyds bank tomorrow and ask just to be sure. Thanks for the reply.

tweet them, I bank with them and they answer very quickly. I didnt get a welcome letter, but your pin will have to come by post.
Reply 5
Okay. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending