The Student Room Group

sexting an ex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sadanon12
After 8 months? That's 4x the amount of time they were together. She could be over him and meet someone new by then.
If she's prepared to wait for this boy for 8 months (imo no one is that special) and wants his D after he's been banging other chicks on his travels (op will need to check him for STDs) then she needs to try and make some sort of arrangement for his return. Will they have a place in each others lives by then? Who knows.

this is true i'm trying to accept that we may not feel the same when he gets back. tbh he is basically perfect and unlike any guy i've ever met so yes, I am willing to wait for him because my usual type is so awful. he said he'd contact me when he returns and I don't mind if he's slept with other people but tbh he's not much of a player
Original post by Lauren1498x
girl, i've been there done that, don't send a pic....after 8 months apart that's just too full on all at once. Just try and lightly say you still like him. what would happen if he didn't reply or something? that would make you feel bad - well it would to me anyway lmao rip - just wade in slowly, see what happens

thanks that's good advice. could make things even more awkward on his return if he doesn't reply you're right.
Original post by JohnGreek
... and then you see women complaining about people leaking their sexts (is that a word?) online.

Don't send nudes to anyone.

kay m8, chill with the shaming.

also snapchat is kinda reliable for knowing about screenshots
Original post by TorpidPhil
Ohhhhh.

I dunno what is wrong with me.

I thought he was only gone for 1month. Not 8!

8 months is way too long. That's really unfortunate though.

I would just tell him how it is - you like him, if he finds himself single when he returns and wants to renew things you, at present, are willing to meet him so don't fret to contact you. Of course, you may not be single then yourself, but if you are...

lol. if he wanted to break up for one month of travelling I would have said boy, bye :laugh:
No contact means no contact. Don't sext him at this point it might irritate him if he doesn't like you anymore. If he shows interest after he's back and you're also interested in him, try and see where things go. But I'd definitely not talk/sext/message him at all for at least 4 months after your break up.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Eternalflames
No contact means no contact. Don't sext him at this point it might irritate if he doesn't like you anymore. If he shows interest after he's back and you're also interested in him, try and see where things go. But I'd definitely not talk/sext/message him at all for at least 4 months after your break up.

okay thanks. we never actually said no contact, I'm really mad at myself for not making it clear whether we were going to stay in touch. we texted a bit after to say things that weren't said, occasional meme tagging, instagram likes that sort of thing so it's a bit unclear.
Original post by Anonymous
lol. if he wanted to break up for one month of travelling I would have said boy, bye :laugh:

Hahahaha, Fair enough. Guess it must have got pretty romantic then.

At least you know next time to have the foresight to withhold feelings in such scenarios :wink:
okay thanks. we never actually said no contact, I'm really mad at myself for not making it clear whether we were going to stay in touch. we texted a bit after to say things that weren't said, occasional meme tagging, instagram likes that sort of thing so it's a bit unclear.

You both need space apart, I'd go no contact from now onwards if I was you.
Original post by TorpidPhil
Hahahaha, Fair enough. Guess it must have got pretty romantic then.

At least you know next time to have the foresight to withhold feelings in such scenarios :wink:

yep I really sabotaged myself. On our first date I was like 'this is great, he's cute but I'm so not gonna get attached' fast forward two months and I'm crying over whitney songs :rolleyes:
yep I really sabotaged myself. On our first date I was like 'this is great, he's cute but I'm so not gonna get attached' fast forward two months and I'm crying over whitney songs :rolleyes:

I'm in a similar situation. God I hate that I get so attached :bawling: :lol:
Original post by JohnGreek
Not if he's capable of using screen capture :3

I'm not shaming you for anything. It would however, be a shame if such intimate pictures were to be spread around your social circle. Be careful

snapchat informs you when someone has screenshotted. also been sending him nudes for a while and he never has yet. also I *trust* him and if he betrays that trust the shame is on him and not me.
I broke up with this guy last month because he's going travelling until october and we only dated for 2 months. It was very sad for both of us but we're on good terms because it was nobody's fault.

I am still completely infatuated with him and I want things to start up again when he gets back. Now basically we haven't been in contact because that would defeat the whole point of the break up where he wanted to be without attachments while he was travelling and not have me waiting around for him.

For christmas we bought each other armani underwear, but he couldn't find the one he wanted to get me. It's my birthday this week and I bought it for myself, would it be inappropriate/cruel to send him a snapchat of me wearing it? I am kind of looking for an excuse to get in contact and send the message that I'm still into him/thinking about him.

But if you were in his position, would that be a nice surprise or confusing?

thanks

snap me:wink::tongue:
Original post by Eternalflames
I'm in a similar situation. God I hate that I get so attached :bawling: :lol:

it sneaks up on you doesn't it :frown:
it sneaks up on you doesn't it :frown:

Yeah, cried in lectures today :cry:
this is true i'm trying to accept that we may not feel the same when he gets back. tbh he is basically perfect and unlike any guy i've ever met so yes, I am willing to wait for him because my usual type is so awful. he said he'd contact me when he returns and I don't mind if he's slept with other people but tbh he's not much of a player

If you don't want to lose contact altogether then maybe just message him and say that? Maybe keep in touch and keep each other updated on your lives? Idk. Shouldn't need to send flirtatious pics to keep him interested.

Cutting contact is difficult. So if you're planning to go the 8 months without speaking at all and magically reconnect when he gets back..it's not going to be like that, things change too much and going back to someone you used to know is hard.

Imo if you can go 8 months without speaking to him then you don't need him. Your choice though. Sometimes reconnecting works, sometimes it doesn't.

I reconnected with someone I have known for years and we became super close again for 6 months and it was great. Then things turned sour and we cut each other off. She contacted me the other week (a whole year later) and we only had one conversation. Things have changed too much and we don't have a place in each others lives anymore. I didn't bother for a second conversation because it's not worth reconnecting.
(edited 7 years ago)
I think we'd be able to help more If you showed us the naughty picture

Attachment not found
I'd react positively to your contribution to my **** bank.
If you don't want to lose contact altogether then maybe just message him and say that? Maybe keep in touch and keep each other updated on your lives? Idk. Shouldn't need to send flirtatious pics to keep him interested.

Cutting contact is difficult. So if you're planning to go the 8 months without speaking at all and magically reconnect when he gets back..it's not going to be like that, things change too much and going back to someone you used to know is hard.

Imo if you can go 8 months without speaking to him then you don't need him.

idk, I don't want him to feel obligated to keep in touch, the point of a gap year is to travel without having ties/responsibilities back home to worry about. I know it will be different when he gets back but I can't imagine he'll be a fundamentally different person, having known a lot of people who've done gap years it's mostly just that for the first few weeks you get back you have reverse culture shock because you think you've 'found yourself' but then you get over it.

I don't really want to 'need him' because pining for that long is pretty unhealthy.

I reconnected with someone I have known for years and we became super close again for 6 months and it was great. Then things turned sour and we cut each other off. She contacted me the other week (a whole year later) and we only had one conversation. Things have changed too much and we don't have a place in each others lives anymore. I didn't bother for a second conversation because it's not worth reconnecting.

do you mind if I ask why things turned sour?

I'm thinking if I can move on enough that I'm not thinking about him all the time, then even if it is awkward and different when we meet up I won't mind so much. It would only be **** if I was still super into him and he thought it wasn't worth restarting.
do you mind if I ask why things turned sour?

I'm thinking if I can move on enough that I'm not thinking about him all the time, then even if it is awkward and different when we meet up I won't mind so much. It would only be **** if I was still super into him and he thought it wasn't worth restarting.

Because she was playing head games and it bored me to death. She would flirt and act like she was into me, but then shut it down every day by telling me about other guys who are into her/guys she's slept with. Stuff like that just made me lose interest and she could feel it, so one day we literally just stopped talking lol.

It was nice to hear from her the other week and know that she hasn't forgotten about me, but we're just 2 different people and don't have time for each other anymore.

If the guy you like is going on a gap year, are you moving away to uni or what?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending