The Student Room Group

will a therapist tell a parent is a client tell them they sent nudes

im 14, i think last year i sent nudes to a girl my age and someone else my age. i haven’t thought about it since it happened but now it’s eating me alive i want to tell my therapist but im scared she will tell my mom . can she do that?
Reply 1
Ask them if what you discuss is Confidential or not? If it’s confidential, and you think talking about it will help fair enough.

As for the nudes, you can’t undo the past, what’s done is done. However, you can learn from it and it’s what you do now going forwards that counts. This is what’s most important now.

I do appreciate that many nudes do get sent each year so don’t beat yourself up about it, we all make stupid mistakes at some point, nobody is perfect but don’t send unsolicited **** pics in the future, seriously girls don’t want random nudes sent to them, so refrain from doing it, learn to be a better person and don’t repeat past mistakes.

Life is one big learning curve, Good luck
I'm not meaning to sound scary but I did a quick Google and, due to your age, this counts as under-age sexting. Your therapist may be duty-bound to pass on that information: not necessarily to your mum, but to the authorities (e.g. safeguarding professional at their organisation). These links might be a useful read for you to understand any potential legal/police implications:

https://www.avonandsomerset.police.uk/crime-prevention-advice/sexting/

https://learning.nspcc.org.uk/research-resources/briefings/sexting-advice-professionals
Original post by Anonymous
im 14, i think last year i sent nudes to a girl my age and someone else my age. i haven’t thought about it since it happened but now it’s eating me alive i want to tell my therapist but im scared she will tell my mom . can she do that?

Therapists will only disclose information if the information you share signals that you're being harmed or harming someone else. As you're underage, you should be more mindful of sharing images of yourself to other people, it is something that is widely discouraged among children and is rarely a good thing to do even as an adult because you don't know where that photo will end up. Whether a therapist sees that as a potentially harmful risk to you that needs reporting, that's something we won't know, but I'd say it's highly unlikely that the therapist would share this information with your mother because it would harm the client-therapist trust and relationship for seemingly no purpose.
(edited 12 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending