The Student Room Group

Have you ever been ridiculed for your looks?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hezzlington
:O

I do not recall this. How rude

Yeah it was on the half Indian/Pakistani half white thread Longshot made, or the post a pic thread. I don't remember which one
Original post by 0to100
Maybe r/hapa is better, then you'll see 8 million posts matching what he says, without the voice. It wasn't mostly about him hating himself. Idk maybe in private you'll admit some of the stuff he's saying if you haven't already. Because surely it would be hard for someone with an Asian mom and white dad to agree with something like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpuXZ1ked0U

That video was when I started to get mind****ed and paranoid about all the asian-white couples I walked by. He made me look at them in the way the video link described it, if you allowed yourself to sit and watch it, it's not that long. The chavvy thing seems like you're trying to minimise racism to "oh it's just ignorant delinquents" when it's more than that and even I know that. You cant deny truth because it don't match your personal anecdotes. That video is the intro on his channel because it's the lighter version. Maybe we should've discussed this in private so you wouldnt be responding how you are because I personally dont see how you can disagree with it. @ChickenMadness I just want you to know I'm not trying to attack you.

lmao he's just projecting a lot of his own insecurities onto other people. I already know about all of this stuff because I go on 4chan and reddit and watch neckbeard things for laughs. And this is the type of stuff people would make fun of me for at school lol. Some of it is true because stereotypes don't come out of thin air. But it's just like saying all black people deal drugs and all muslims are suicide bombers. Or all chavs are dumb and racist?

I don't see the big deal with the whole fetish thing anyway. It's dumb if it's to the extent some neckbeards on 4chan have it where they want a subservient asian wife slave but then they realise those women actually have their own personalities if they get married to one so their fantasy is ruinned.

If you just have a preference for how someone looks, I don't see a problem with it.

Original post by 0to100
and he had some good as **** points about how the asian gene is hella dominant. It's true it had me laughing like never thought about it like that >_> and its not just chavs who are racist, don't do that mate.

ye white genes are pretty much weaker than every other ethnicity. I've seen some white/asian couples with some kids that look super white though so it's still random. My sister also is paler than me, she has pale skin that doesn't tan and just burns. And I go super brown when I'm on holiday for a long time. I got more asian genes in general than my sister lol.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
How do you respond to it when it happens?

It hurts despite their best attempts to sugar coat it.
Original post by ChickenMadness
lmao he's just projecting a lot of his own insecurities onto other people. I already know about all of this stuff because I go on 4chan and reddit and watch neckbeard things for laughs. And this is the type of stuff people would make fun of me for at school lol. Some of it is true because stereotypes don't come out of thin air. But it's just like saying all black people deal drugs and all muslims are suicide bombers. Or all chavs are dumb and racist?

I don't see the big deal with the whole fetish thing anyway. It's dumb if it's to the extent some neckbeards on 4chan have it where they want a subservient asian wife slave but then they realise those women actually have their own personalities if they get married to one so their fantasy is ruinned.

If you just have a preference for how someone looks, I don't see a problem with it.

ye white genes are pretty much weaker than every other ethnicity. I've seen some white/asian couples with some kids that look super white though so it's still random. My sister also is paler than me, she has pale skin that doesn't tan and just burns. And I go super brown when I'm on holiday for a long time. I got more asian genes in general than my sister lol.

yea but for your sister and every half Asian I bet you can tell there's Asian though. It normally is in the eyes, the paleness is irrelevant because there's pale full asians bruh. There is an exception to every rule but 9x out of 10 which is what matters it's not random at all even with black and Asian mixed, you still see the asian in the eyes. I don't think you'll ever not see the eyes and there's nothing wrong with that, it's an interesting fact and nothing to politically correctly deny. I dont know what you mean by stereotypes and this is why I say you should watch more of the videos. If it happens majority of the time it's not a stereotype though. I think you think that because I'm white plus chav that I couldnt possibly know what I'm talking about or that I couldn't possibly be approaching this conversation without racial ignorance and that's not the case at all, me even being aware that half Asians go through asian racism would be indication that I'm even a little bit enlightened. But for all we disagree on even if you don't admit it to me you and I and anyone else knows that being mixed with anything with white, people rich and poor will treat you like **** and not accept you as white even if you look a bit white, and that asians often exalt white people and get like surgery on their eyes or seek out white partners even if they're scum; they just want the genes or status. His YT channel has just made me paranoid that any and every asian girl I walk by or talk to is just fetishizing :rofl: and that Elliot Rodgers wasn't a loony...he was just the product of a half asian environment :\ Yea we can both agree he's projecting but he's made some good points. Well anyway.
I'm a ginger, so yeah. It's sort of like a rite of passage for my kind

That was tingtox?! He's been here that long?
That was tingtox?! He's been here that long?

Yep! He made threads like 'Why do English Blonde women marry disgusting Pakistani/Arab guys?' if you remember :lol:
Original post by Eternalflames
Yep! He made threads like 'Why do English Blonde women marry disgusting Pakistani/Arab guys?' if you remember :lol:

Wow how dedicated and bored you must be to troll for that long
(edited 7 years ago)
Wow how dedicated and bored you must be.

Huh? I just have a good memory :frown:
Original post by Eternalflames
Huh? I just have a good memory :frown:

Poorly worded by me :P

No not you! Him! to be trolling this long haha
Poorly worded by me :P

No not you! Him! to be trolling this long haha

Oh right! :lol:

Yeahh, he's been here a long time. Got bored in the middle didn't troll, then came back again :rofl:
Original post by 0to100
yea but for your sister and every half Asian I bet you can tell there's Asian though. It normally is in the eyes, the paleness is irrelevant because there's pale full asians bruh. There is an exception to every rule but 9x out of 10 which is what matters it's not random at all even with black and Asian mixed, you still see the asian in the eyes. I don't think you'll ever not see the eyes and there's nothing wrong with that, it's an interesting fact and nothing to politically correctly deny. I dont know what you mean by stereotypes and this is why I say you should watch more of the videos. If it happens majority of the time it's not a stereotype though. I think you think that because I'm white plus chav that I couldnt possibly know what I'm talking about or that I couldn't possibly be approaching this conversation without racial ignorance and that's not the case at all, me even being aware that half Asians go through asian racism would be indication that I'm even a little bit enlightened. But for all we disagree on even if you don't admit it to me you and I and anyone else knows that being mixed with anything with white, people rich and poor will treat you like **** and not accept you as white even if you look a bit white, and that asians often exalt white people and get like surgery on their eyes or seek out white partners even if they're scum; they just want the genes or status. His YT channel has just made me paranoid that any and every asian girl I walk by or talk to is just fetishizing :rofl: and that Elliot Rodgers wasn't a loony...he was just the product of a half asian environment :\ Yea we can both agree he's projecting but he's made some good points. Well anyway.

ye I'm not disputing the genes thing, if someone is mixed you can tell they are mixed and not full white / black / asian.

I'm saying some of those videos are true but they don't apply to everyone. And also that guy is american and american society is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more racist than in the UK. So a lot of the things he's complaining about don't happen as much here. They are stereotypes because you can't say it's true for everyone.

Nah I'm using the chav thing as an example because it's also a stereotype like the one you're promoting. I've also been called a chav by people at uni anyway. I grew up in the worst area and went to the worst school and I've done a lot of stereotypical chavvy things lel.

There's also a lot of vids of american asian girls complaining about white men fetishizing them and they'd rather have an asian BF than a neckbeard lol.

None of this stuff bothers me though. My life is good, I got nothing to complain about :lol:
Reply 113
Original post by retro_turtles
Alot. Mum, dad and aunts. So much fun when the comment on the way you look, what you wear and start pointing out all your insecurities :h:

Nahhh I have seen you comment on over 4 threads today. That's madness ngl XD
madness as in "i rate that".
ps. IDK if you're a Londoner
Reply 114
I haven't' been abused personally but I know some ginger mates who get called "ranga" or "souless" and they get quite agitated coz it's so repetitive.
ye I'm not disputing the genes thing, if someone is mixed you can tell they are mixed and not full white / black / asian.

I'm saying some of those videos are true but they don't apply to everyone. And also that guy is american and american society is waaaaaaaaaaaaay more racist than in the UK. So a lot of the things he's complaining about don't happen as much here. They are stereotypes because you can't say it's true for everyone.

Nah I'm using the chav thing as an example because it's also a stereotype like the one you're promoting. I've also been called a chav by people at uni anyway. I grew up in the worst area and went to the worst school and I've done a lot of stereotypical chavvy things lel.

There's also a lot of vids of american asian girls complaining about white men fetishizing them and they'd rather have an asian BF than a neckbeard lol.

None of this stuff bothers me though. My life is good, I got nothing to complain about :lol:

exactly. that's why I say you should watch his videos.Because he has a ton on why asian women fetishize white men so much that they'd even go with scummy or nerdy autist white dudes. That's actually his man argument. And as he's vlogging, it's just a video form of a diary, personal musings, so it's actually not projecting. It's just sharing personal thoughts, and many people agree. I certainly have been enlightened anyhow. It's not a stereotype, what's the stereotype? It's a thought. And I'm certainly not promoting, I'm just speaking to you...I figured that's why you keep saying stuff like "nah not me man" because you figure I'm stereotyping. So as a kid you never were made fun of for looking Asian?...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Milts
Nahhh I have seen you comment on over 4 threads today. That's madness ngl XD
madness as in "i rate that".
ps. IDK if you're a Londoner

Honestly have no clue whatsoever what you're on about. I'm mancunian.
Original post by 0to100
exactly. that's why I say you should watch his videos.Because he has a ton on why asian women fetishize white men so much that they'd even go with scummy or nerdy autist white dudes. That's actually his man argument. And as he's vlogging, it's just a video form of a diary, personal musings, so it's actually not projecting. It's just sharing personal thoughts, and many people agree. I certainly have been enlightened anyhow. It's not a stereotype, what's the stereotype? It's a thought. And I'm certainly not promoting, I'm just speaking to you...I figured that's why you keep saying stuff like "nah not me man" because you figure I'm stereotyping. So as a kid you never were made fun of for looking Asian?...

ye it's a stereotype because it's been around a long ass time and they don't apply to everyone. I can make the same vids with my personal thoughts on any ethnicity doesn't mean it's true for everyone. It's just generalising.

Especially because the world is so globalised now. Those asian / white relationship stereotypes would have held more wait before we were born but countries are way more mixed now.

I was made fun of for looking asian l already said that in my other posts.
ye it's a stereotype because it's been around a long ass time and they don't apply to everyone. I can make the same vids with my personal thoughts on any ethnicity doesn't mean it's true for everyone. It's just generalising.

Especially because the world is so globalised now. Those asian / white relationship stereotypes would have held more wait before we were born but countries are way more mixed now.

I was made fun of for looking asian l already said that in my other posts.

right so if youve been made fun of for looking asian then this whole conversation was pointless because it means eurasianwriter was right.
Original post by 0to100
right so if youve been made fun of for looking asian then this whole conversation was pointless because it means eurasianwriter was right.

I was talking about all the other stereotypes he mentioned about white men - asian women relationsips always being a total nerd husband + woman who's just using him to get to america etc. lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending