The Student Room Group

Question for girls

So I'm trying to move on and things from a 4/5 year relationship and this girl really likes me, I dunno if it is love or what but she really does and everyone's been telling me to give her a chance and i have but Inside I feel guilty for being with her when I know I just don't look at her in that way. Should I tell her now, or carry it on and see if I do end up feeling something for her which is unlikely I guess because love happens once
i think u should tell her....
Tell her
Reply 3
Original post by tamil fever
i think u should tell her....

Okay thank you
tell her asap
Original post by AmanM7
So I'm trying to move on and things from a 4/5 year relationship and this girl really likes me, I dunno if it is love or what but she really does and everyone's been telling me to give her a chance and i have but Inside I feel guilty for being with her when I know I just don't look at her in that way. Should I tell her now, or carry it on and see if I do end up feeling something for her which is unlikely I guess because love happens once

I think you should tell her because it's unfair on you, as well as her as you don't feel the same way. And your right love only happens once and your first time you can never forget,.
Tell her as soon as you can...
Tell her, the longer you leave it, the more emotionally attached to you she will be and the more it will hurt her.
Reply 8
Original post by Ria25
I think you should tell her because it's unfair on you, as well as her as you don't feel the same way. And your right love only happens once and your first time you can never forget,.

Thanks, and yeah I mean she's a nice girl I don't wanna hurt her It is my fault for listening to friends and being with her just so i can move on but I can't do that to someone so yeah thanks I guess I will tell her
Reply 9
Original post by elllietate
Tell her, the longer you leave it, the more emotionally attached to you she will be and the more it will hurt her.

Alright thank you, how do I say it ?
Original post by AmanM7
Alright thank you, how do I say it ?

Just say you think she's lovely, pretty etc but you're not emotionally ready for anything serious and you don't want to take advantage of her feelings as it's not fair on her and she deserves someone who loves her just as much as she loves them? And you wanted to tell her now to minimize how much you hurt her because you care about her and don't want to make her upset, but also you think it's only fair to tell her.

Something like that? Obviously written a bit more personally/less matter-of-fact
Reply 11
Original post by elllietate
Just say you think she's lovely, pretty etc but you're not emotionally ready for anything serious and you don't want to take advantage of her feelings as it's not fair on her and she deserves someone who loves her just as much as she loves them? And you wanted to tell her now to minimize how much you hurt her because you care about her and don't want to make her upset, but also you think it's only fair to tell her.

Something like that? Obviously written a bit more personally/less matter-of-fact

Okay thanks for that, that's great
Original post by AmanM7
Thanks, and yeah I mean she's a nice girl I don't wanna hurt her It is my fault for listening to friends and being with her just so i can move on but I can't do that to someone so yeah thanks I guess I will tell her

That's a good idea. And your welcome anytime , you can DM me if you need me. :smile:
Reply 13
Original post by Ria25
That's a good idea. And your welcome anytime , you can DM me if you need me. :smile:

Can i message you now ?
Original post by AmanM7
Can i message you now ?

hey
yeah sure anytime as i said.
I've been in the exact same position before where I was told multiple times a guy liked me, I only saw him as a friend but he was a really nice guy so i decided to just try and see where things left off, definetly a big mistake because during the times we were together i was feeling guilty non stop. feeding this guy false hope that i actually liked him and wanted to be a couple when in fact i just wanted to stay friends. Tell her, as soon as possible. The longer you hold back from telling her the more painful it'll be for her. Don't think that you might end of falling for her after a while, you won't. if your not feeling her not, you won't at all.
Reply 16
Original post by Anonymous
I've been in the exact same position before where I was told multiple times a guy liked me, I only saw him as a friend but he was a really nice guy so i decided to just try and see where things left off, definetly a big mistake because during the times we were together i was feeling guilty non stop. feeding this guy false hope that i actually liked him and wanted to be a couple when in fact i just wanted to stay friends. Tell her, as soon as possible. The longer you hold back from telling her the more painful it'll be for her. Don't think that you might end of falling for her after a while, you won't. if your not feeling her not, you won't at all.

Yeah I ain't feeling her in that way and she's a nice girl so I don't wanna give her false hopes but yeah thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending