The Student Room Group
University of London
London

Undergraduate Admissions Requirements

Hi,

If you are interested in gaining an Undergraduate qualification by distance learning, our Admissions Office have started processing applications for 2017/18.

If you have any questions about entrance requirements, do let us know-we are here to help you!
@Liliahh I know you said yesterday that you were considering the London International Programme, I thought you might like to ask any questions you have here.

Original post by University of London International Programmes
Hi,

If you are interested in gaining an Undergraduate qualification by distance learning, our Admissions Office have started processing applications for 2017/18.

If you have any questions about entrance requirements, do let us know-we are here to help you!

Will you be checking TSR regularly from now on?
University of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Snufkin
@Liliahh I know you said yesterday that you were considering the London International Programme, I thought you might like to ask any questions you have here.

Will you be checking TSR regularly from now on?

Hi Snufkin, thank you for copy me in for this notification, I have started filling in the application form, hope all goes well :smile:
Hi @Snufkin,

Thank you for bringing this thread to Liliahh's attention :smile:

My name is Liam and I'm one of the reps for @University of London International Programmes University of London International Programmes. From now on we will be checking TSR regularly and are looking forward to speaking to everyone interested in studying with us.

@Liliahh, it's great to hear you have started an application, can I ask what course you are considering? Please let me know if there's any advice I can provide about distance learning, the application process, or anything else.

Best,

Liam
Reply 4
Hi @Snufkin,

Thank you for bringing this thread to Liliahh's attention :smile:

My name is Liam and I'm one of the reps for @University of London International Programmes University of London International Programmes. From now on we will be checking TSR regularly and are looking forward to speaking to everyone interested in studying with us.

@Liliahh, it's great to hear you have started an application, can I ask what course you are considering? Please let me know if there's any advice I can provide about distance learning, the application process, or anything else.

Best,

Liam

Hi Liam, I am applying for BSc Economics through Graduate Entry Route as I have already obtained a degree somewhere else in the UK when I first went to university. I hope I am on the right track?
I also wonder how soon will I find out whether the application is successful if I apply now?
Finally once obtained qualification from you, do we get the same level of recognition and opportunities as other brick universities graduates when we apply to top universities for studying Masters in the UK?

Thank you for your help
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Liliahh
Hi Liam, I am applying for BSc Economics through Graduate Entry Route as I have already obtained a degree somewhere else in the UK when I first went to university. I hope I am on the right track?
I also wonder how soon will I find out whether the application is successful if I apply now?
Finally once obtained qualification from you, do we get the same level of recognition and opportunities as other brick universities graduates when we apply to top universities for studying Masters in the UK?

Thank you for your help

Hi @Liliahh. It sounds like you are on the right track! Here are some of the eligibility requirements for graduate entry:

graduates holding a full first degree from an acceptable university in the United Kingdom or another European country or in Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Ghana, Hong Kong SAR, Israel, Kenya, Malaysia, Mauritius, New Zealand, Nigeria, Singapore, Sri Lanka, South Africa or the Caribbean

graduates holding a full first degree from a regionally accredited institution in the USA

graduates holding a full first degree from an acceptable university in India which is at least three-years full time in duration.

On our website, there is some more information about entry requirements for you to look at: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/lse/bsc-economics#requirements

The time it takes to process individual applications can vary, however, our Admissions Office are currently aiming to respond to applications within 7 working days. This response may not necessarily be a final outcome but, for example, may be a request for further information.

The University of London has an outstanding global reputation for academic excellence and our prestigious qualifications are recognised worldwide. Meanwhile our Lead Colleges who provide the academic direction for our programmes are renowned internationally for their teaching and research. We do still always advise that you check the entry requirements of the individual institutions that you wish to apply to for further study.

You can read more about our global reputation online: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/our-global-reputation.

We are looking forward to receiving your application! :smile:

Liam
When you get the degree, if it is managed from LSE, do you get an LSE degree?

Or does it say "london international programme"?
Original post by Llamageddon
When you get the degree, if it is managed from LSE, do you get an LSE degree?

Or does it say "london international programme"?

I guess it looks like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BM06wnAA3dV/
Original post by Snufkin
I guess it looks like this: https://www.instagram.com/p/BM06wnAA3dV/
Incredible. You would never know.

Not that I'd be able to pass economics, let alone get a respectable grade. Politics is tempting though.
Hi @Llamageddon. My name is Rachel and I am one of the reps for the University of London International Programmes. I would be happy to help you with your questions.

When you complete your degree with the University of London International Programmes your award will consist of a Final Diploma and a Diploma Supplement. The Final Diploma will state that you have been awarded a University of London degree, diploma or certificate. It will also name the College of the University of London which provided the academic direction and include the University of London logo and signature of the Vice-Chancellor.

The Diploma Supplement indicates the nature, level and content of your completed study programme including modules taken, module grades and the overall degree classification. The Diploma Supplement also states the mode of study.

From what you have said, you may be interested in studying one of the programmes we offer in the fields of economics and politics, all with academic direction from the highly-regarded, London School of Economics (LSE): http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/courses/search/?filters=tid%3A578&solrsort=sort_title%20asc.

Please let me know if I can help you with any other questions!

Rachel
Hi @Llamageddon. My name is Rachel and I am one of the reps for the University of London International Programmes. I would be happy to help you with your questions.
I'm not sure you would be able to give me the answer I'd want - as in the level at which the mathematics is pitched at.
Hi @Llamageddon,

My name is Suraya and I'm just picking up on this from my colleague Rachel. Do you mean the introductory Mathematics 1 and 2 courses that form part of the BSc Economics (and various other degrees)? You can get some information about what is covered in these courses by clicking on the pdfs in the structure tab on our website: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/lse/bsc-economics#structure

One of our student bloggers has also written a fairly detailed post about studying the Maths 1 & 2 and Stats 1 & 2 courses, which you can view at: https://londoninternational-blog.com/2016/09/07/making-a-good-start-with-mathematics-and-statistics/

Hope this is helpful!

Suraya
Hi,

I am preparing to apply for BSc in Creative Computing.

I need help understanding the Entry Requirements. It says:

Either passes in:

two subjects at GCE A level, plus at least three further subjects at GCSE/GCE O level (at not less than grade C or a ‘pass’ if taken prior to 1975) or

three subjects at GCE A level (with one A level at not less than grade D) or

three subjects at GCE A level, plus one further subject at GCSE/GCE O level (at not less than grade C) or

two subjects at GCE A level, plus two further subjects at GCE AS level.

When it says GCE A Level, does it mean that I need to have GCSE Certification and A Level Certificate?

I am enrolling courses from ICS Learn UK for refresher before I take my exams.

So is it for example, I am taking Mathematics - I'll need to take the GCSE Mathematics, then A Level Mathematics? And then take the exam for each to earn the GCE A Level Certificate? Thank you so much.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending