The Student Room Group

Help me im failing physics as !!!!

Okay guys so im failing physics AS right now. Im doing well in maths and further maths, economics is also alright too. I was good at physics GCSE and now IM FAILING. Im getting Cs and im right now looking at maybe a B at most. How can I fix up? I understand it well, the problem is that i just cant ****ING APPLY the knowledge to the questions. Is there a secret to doing well?

I WOULD LOVE TO HERE FROM A2 STUDENTS WHO DID OCR PHYSICS A. I. NEED. HELP.
Bumppppppp, Does anyone know what the CGP OCR PHYSICS A TEXTBOOK IS LIKE??????
Reply 2
Have you tried revising from a textbook? I remember when I was revising physics solely from notes made in class i wasn't doing well, then with a Textbook and frequent revision I managed to reach A grade territory. I'm AQA though so not really sure what textbook to recommend, sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zxphyrs
Have you tried revising from a textbook? I remember when I was revising physics solely from notes made in class i wasn't doing well, then with a Textbook and frequent revision I managed to reach A grade territory. I'm AQA though so not really sure what textbook to recommend, sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No but thanks for the advice, i will DEFINITELY take it into account. Im going to purchase a textbook NOW, my parents are ok with me spending all i want for education
Reply 4
Original post by physicsfailure.
Okay guys so im failing physics AS right now. Im doing well in maths and further maths, economics is also alright too. I was good at physics GCSE and now IM FAILING. Im getting Cs and im right now looking at maybe a B at most. How can I fix up? I understand it well, the problem is that i just cant ****ING APPLY the knowledge to the questions. Is there a secret to doing well?

I WOULD LOVE TO HERE FROM A2 STUDENTS WHO DID OCR PHYSICS A. I. NEED. HELP.

If applying is the problem then doing lots and I mean LOTS of practice questions on the topics u struggle with cuz then you start getting used to all the different types of questions that you could get asked refarding that topic and remember the method or mark scheme points you have to make to get full marks. Using physics and maths tutor really helps with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ray_029
If applying is the problem then doing lots and I mean LOTS of practice questions on the topics u struggle with cuz then you start getting used to all the different types of questions that you could get asked refarding that topic and remember the method or mark scheme points you have to make to get full marks. Using physics and maths tutor really helps with this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alright, thanks for the tips. Im gonna start using physicsandmathstutor, its just that with the new spec i thought theres no point doing questions.
Alright, thanks for the tips. Im gonna start using physicsandmathstutor, its just that with the new spec i thought theres no point doing questions.

I think if you believe you're going to get a B, then just revising based on endorsed textbooks and good websites will easily propel you to an A. Do past papers alongside with it too
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
I think if you believe you're going to get a B, then just revising based on endorsed textbooks and good websites will easily propel you to an A. Do past papers alongside with it too

Alright, I'll purchase some endorsed textbooks... I've got one but its not good.
Hey I'm at A2.

Look at the spec, only things you need know.

CGP revision guides are really worth it.

And past papers.
Use your spec to note down each topic/sub-topic you need to know about => fill in the gaps using your class notes/textbooks/youtube videos ect => make sure you understand the principle/mechanics behind each topic eg why a LDR has low resistance when light is bright => when you understand the topics, start doing past papers. I'd recommend doing as much past papers as possible eg from 2005 to 2016 as the past papers give you a lot of smaller details which your teachers/books may have missed => then hope for the best!
No but thanks for the advice, i will DEFINITELY take it into account. Im going to purchase a textbook NOW, my parents are ok with me spending all i want for education

Pleasure :smile: I have no doubts you'll get the grades you want with that sort of commitment.
Original post by Zxphyrs
Pleasure :smile: I have no doubts you'll get the grades you want with that sort of commitment.

I've got the textbook, gonna make some notes based off the spec and then do as many questions. Gonna be a long ride!
Original post by Zxphyrs

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing AS too; i completely agree with this person too

Quick Reply

Latest