The Student Room Group

HMRC reserve list

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sebastian_Morris
Did you apply in Manchester

Yeah
Looks like it's a waiting game for me, I'm certain I won't get a offer this week, instead will be put on a reserve list like you guys.
Original post by Rastaman12
Yeah

Cool
Original post by Rastaman12
Yeah

Do you guys know which office in Manchester you'll be based in yet?
Original post by Nic-91-91
Do you guys know which office in Manchester you'll be based in yet?

Mine said Salford
Reply 65
Hi I'm on a civil service reserve list scoring 5,4,4 and acceptible copetence how does that rate please, have I any chance , been on list now for six months
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 66
Hi All.

I am based in Manchester and I am also a part of the HMRC email waiting game.
It's SO frustrating !
I applied for the 044R AO position via the Civil Service website back in December 2016 and I had an interview at the beginning of January 2017.
They then emailed to say that there was an extended interviewing period and that I would have to wait longer for the outcome.
I was told I had passed the interview in February and that they would be back in touch soon with either a provisional offer or I would be put on a reserve list.
After what felt like an eternity I was put on the reserve list.
Then a week later I was given a provisional offer !
HURRAH !!!
I accepted the provisional offer just before the recent Easter bank holiday.
And that's it. I've heard nothing more.
I'm waiting for some paperwork to fill in now I think for Pre-Employment Checks.
Is it normal to have to wait for this paperwork ?
Also, how do I view my scores please ?
Is anyone else at this stage in Manchester ?
Reply 67
Hey everybody.

I applied to be a Prison Officer in January 2018 and then got invited to a RAD Assessment day in Feb. I then got an e-mail to say I’d passed my RAD Assessment day and had to wait to see if I got the job or was on the reserve list. Anyway, they put me on a reserve list which I was gutted about. I then got a conditional job offer 2 days ago which I have accepted. I have completed the Pre Employed Checks and the Health Questionnaire. Does anybody know what the next steps are after this? And how long will it be until they’re back in touch? As I have seen people have waited weeks before they got back in touch again.

Good luck everybody who have applied and are waiting for a job offer, if you have passed all your tests then you are more than likely going to get a job offer it’s just a waiting game, I’ve waited about 6 weeks!

xxx
Reply 68
Original post by nicola45
I have just been offered a job off the reserve list,just over a fortnight of waiting! Very happy. Anyone heard on the pre employment checks just sent mine off.

Hi, which month did you receive he formal offer. I’m in the reserve list in another company and struggling in mind.. thank you
Reply 69
This thread looks the most relevant one to my status atm. I have been put on reserve list last week as well with scores 6 6 6. The waiting game is just so frustrating. Anyone going through the same process now a days? As they have changed the interview process and they do it through success profiles. I hope they come back soon with an offer :frown:
Reply 70
Hi everyone who is on the reserve list:

What is your word on the feedback?

Mine is You’ve reached the required standard but we’re unable to offer you a job immediately. We’ve placed you on a reserve list from which appointments may be made if a similar job becomes available”

It sounds like i did not get this job. They may give me a similar job but not this one! ?
Reply 71
Original post by fog19
Hi everyone who is on the reserve list:

What is your word on the feedback?

Mine is You’ve reached the required standard but we’re unable to offer you a job immediately. We’ve placed you on a reserve list from which appointments may be made if a similar job becomes available”

It sounds like i did not get this job. They may give me a similar job but not this one! ?

I have got the same feedback and what I have made out of the feedback after reading this thread and many other on different platforms is, this is how they work. They would put everyone on the reserve list first and then start shortlisting people ofcourse for the same role.

It's just the waiting game.
Reply 72
Original post by Lee_92
I have got the same feedback and what I have made out of the feedback after reading this thread and many other on different platforms is, this is how they work. They would put everyone on the reserve list first and then start shortlisting people ofcourse for the same role.

It's just the waiting game.

Ah, thanks Lee.
Reply 73
Ive also been put on a reserve list for HMRC. Scored 6 6 6. My reserve list period is for 3months, how long is yours?

Original post by Lee_92
This thread looks the most relevant one to my status atm. I have been put on reserve list last week as well with scores 6 6 6. The waiting game is just so frustrating. Anyone going through the same process now a days? As they have changed the interview process and they do it through success profiles. I hope they come back soon with an offer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending