The Student Room Group

Whats the worst thing that happened to you in school?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nstar12
omg the place where you hail from seems really violent, the closest I've ever been to a violent attack is being followed for a while..... by a guy who was going to the same store as me.

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tpx1
prepare for the following examples (believe if you want to or not but I went to a school that had a 38% 5A*-C grade rating). the following happened between 2006 & 2009:

HIGHSCHOOL YEARS 10 & 11

stabbed in face with soldering iron (which was on / hot) because I elbowed a guy for strangling me with a bike chain (racist pothead who played for england under 17s). teacher just gave him a light telling off and didnt let me go to have my upper lip dressed / disinfected;

got a drink spiked with solder (read contains lead) by another dickhead - teachers did nothing;

had a brick thrown at my head (and it clipped my ear) for standing up to a group of ASBOs (some of them ended in prison 2 years after for gang-rape) - the school/police did nothing to these guys at the time I had a brick thrown at my head;

threatened with a hacksaw and hammer for grassing on some yobbos stealing tools from school;

house got a police visit at 3am around exam time due to fake calls about me being involved in a car theft ring (after finding out that our garden cannot have car access they left red faced);

this one is funny as I didnt get hurt but ill throw it in: almost got suspended for beating a guy with his own shoe and hand for trying to beat me in a changing room for refusing to accept his and his friends discrimination against me (didnt let me on trampoline in PE, teacher was racist **** who got sacked for posting racist / anti-islamic stuff on social media). I was almost suspended till a bunch of guys stood up for me and supported my story of what happened.

SIXTH FORM (mainly year 12 with some year 13)

1st day in sixth form some pothead (who now works as an investment banker / got AAAB in A levels / graduated with a 1st in financial banking from loughborough) smashed a burette on my leg as he was a dickhead who was high on a cocktail of weed and steroids - I didnt get hurt minus a small scratch, he was left bleeding with glass fragments in his arm and hand and needed to go hospital;

said guy + 1 of his friends threw acid and bleach down my back on separate occasions, as well as set my favourite hoodie on fire;

1 of their mates threw lit fireworks at me whilst waiting for a bus;

I got mugged at knifepoint on route to an AS psychology exam on...criminal psychology

Wow
Original post by tpx1
prepare for the following examples (believe if you want to or not but I went to a school that had a 38% 5A*-C grade rating). the following happened between 2006 & 2009:

HIGHSCHOOL YEARS 10 & 11

stabbed in face with soldering iron (which was on / hot) because I elbowed a guy for strangling me with a bike chain (racist pothead who played for england under 17s). teacher just gave him a light telling off and didnt let me go to have my upper lip dressed / disinfected;

got a drink spiked with solder (read contains lead) by another dickhead - teachers did nothing;

had a brick thrown at my head (and it clipped my ear) for standing up to a group of ASBOs (some of them ended in prison 2 years after for gang-rape) - the school/police did nothing to these guys at the time I had a brick thrown at my head;

threatened with a hacksaw and hammer for grassing on some yobbos stealing tools from school;

house got a police visit at 3am around exam time due to fake calls about me being involved in a car theft ring (after finding out that our garden cannot have car access they left red faced);

this one is funny as I didnt get hurt but ill throw it in: almost got suspended for beating a guy with his own shoe and hand for trying to beat me in a changing room for refusing to accept his and his friends discrimination against me (didnt let me on trampoline in PE, teacher was racist **** who got sacked for posting racist / anti-islamic stuff on social media). I was almost suspended till a bunch of guys stood up for me and supported my story of what happened.

SIXTH FORM (mainly year 12 with some year 13)

1st day in sixth form some pothead (who now works as an investment banker / got AAAB in A levels / graduated with a 1st in financial banking from loughborough) smashed a burette on my leg as he was a dickhead who was high on a cocktail of weed and steroids - I didnt get hurt minus a small scratch, he was left bleeding with glass fragments in his arm and hand and needed to go hospital;

said guy + 1 of his friends threw acid and bleach down my back on separate occasions, as well as set my favourite hoodie on fire;

1 of their mates threw lit fireworks at me whilst waiting for a bus;

I got mugged at knifepoint on route to an AS psychology exam on...criminal psychology

WOW. Seriously well done for getting through all of that, I thought I had it bad as a kid as I had no friends and was bullied (as a kid I was bigger than the bullies but never fought back because my parents told me not to hurt anyone), called a paki and was pushed down the stairs (the people got away with it).

I'm speechless.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by coupd3tat
After swimming we used to have a brawl in the showers.

It's as gay is it sounds

haha yeah, damn homos amirite!?

Spoiler

Original post by Raizelcadres
WOW. Seriously well done for getting through all of that, I thought I had it bad as a kid as I had no friends and was bullied (as a kid I was bigger than the bullies but never fought back because my parents told me not to hurt anyone), called a paki and was pushed down the stairs (the people got away with it).

I'm speechless.

cheers bro. yh I had my fair share of being called a paki (to me I got insulted as I am indian! :lol:), got horribly victimised in 9/11 (ie slapped alot ) and 7/7 (7/7 was bad as everyone was telling me to die despite the fact that I thought 1 of my parents had died due to them usually taking the number 26 bus in london - thankfuly they didnt that day).

In school I had to deal with racism, anti-islamic behaviour, sizeism, height discrimination and for being hairy. phsycially I had been hit numerous times in the head and nuts and had even had a compass thrown at my eye (advantages of going to a crap school guess). essentially year 6-9 I had to deal with crap and it prepared me for the future.

Im in my mid 20s and unlike most millenials, I have a good work ethic and wouldnt be considered weak.

sad reality is that my bullies from sixth form are doing ok for themselves (the burette guy like I said got good grades at sixth form / uni & got work as an investment banler ; his mates who arent in prison are working as accountant trainees and assistant managers for supermarkets)

I myself have been largely unemployed for almost 2 years save for some 0 hour work despite having a masters degree from a decent uni and having done shed loads of extra-curricular work. I honestly want to go into some other stuff but I cant find the work / I keep being told I am inexperienced (yet how can you get experience if noone wants to give it to you).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
Once I wrote "black monkey" onto Google on someone else's computer, nearly got excluded for "racism"...
Reply 26
More than my secondary school experience this was when I was in yr5. We were given free time for ICT, and I didn't know what to do with the time, usually I would just go through google images and look at funny pictures. But me being the idiot I am, that day I innocently typed 'nothing' into the search engine because I had 'nothing' in particular I wanted to search (:dry:), and as expected a whole bunch of nude photos of both women and men came up, and in that moment my teacher decided to walk behind me and catch what was on my screen. I was mortified ...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tpx1

Spoiler

Sorry that all of that happened to you. I thought Luton was a culturally diverse town and online people are always complaining how there are very few white people and it is predominantly asian. What was the name of the secondary school where you experienced this?
Original post by bex.anne
Sorry that all of that happened to you. I thought Luton was a culturally diverse town and online people are always complaining how there are very few white people and it is predominantly asian. What was the name of the secondary school where you experienced this?

thats ok / no need to apologise. I experienced so much crap and tbh it helped me gain a life view to help as many people as I can.

sorry to sound rude but none of your business where I went to high school as I can be identified. the only thing I will say is that theye were 1 of the top a couple of years ago in luton and were the worst in bedfordshire in 2007.

luton is diverse depending on the area you are in. bury park area, for example, is where a majority of immigrants are. in comparison marsh farm has a lot of carribean ethnicity people, places like barton and bushmead are full of affluent people (predominantly white with a few asians).

the are are I am from had, until a few years ago, a reputation for having tonnes of crime and was/still is predominantly white british people. the school I went to now has a lot of asian and black people but back in the early/mid/late 2000's it was mainly white students (in my year group, therewere 208 students. of them 28 were black, 12 were asian and there were only 4 muslims, 1 of whom was me).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Miss.Unknow
Year 7 to year 9. Literally worst years of my life. Was a bit chubby back then and was treated like a monster. I had friends, but they were a bunch of *****. They would either 1. laugh at me 2. join in the bullying 3. Ignore me. When their friends came around, they ditched me completely. I'll never forget how badly i was treated. Humiliating to be picked last in PE group, humiliating to hide away at the toilets so no one would make fun of you. I used to hide behind the trees to have my lunch in peace. Hope those *****es failed school after all the pain i went through.
Lol rant over.

You would REALLY enjoy watching Oregairu. Save the thanks.
Reply 30
I had a fight in year 9 and the girl bruised the bone around my eye sockets. ****ing hurt. It's ok tho cos I broke her nose
Original post by Kiritsugu
You would REALLY enjoy watching Oregairu. Save the thanks.

Being permanently excluded is up there as one of the worst days of my life.
Well tons of people here have worse experiences than me, but I'll give mine anyway. :smile::smile:

At my school there was one kid who hated me, God knows why. He was extremely Islamophobic and always stole my stuff, threw stuff at me. He also used to get other people to do this and even paid them to sometimes. This then became an anti-association against me, and whenever they saw me they would all stop their game and throw balls and rocks at me (breaking my glasses one time when they tried to pick me up).

Another guy who always thought (and still thinks) he was amazing at sports starting spreading rumors that I bit him (??) when I tackled him in football and he fell over (like a prat) in Year 7. Due to these rumors, all my friends left me, everyone hates me (now in Year 11) and the only "friends" I have are ones which will always leave me, laugh when I'm being bullied, and deny being my friend when a bully asks me who my friends are.

But the worst thing was in Year 9. The first boy I mentioned did all the stuff mentioned a lot more this year. One time he got the association to throw cheap pork (or bacon) sandwiches the school sold (he bought them all, or they were picked out of the bin) at me. He threw cutlery at me on countless occasions, including the common 'terrorist' slur as well as a couple of other names. I kept reporting these to my head of year (who at the time kept telling me to report anything to him), and I was in there probably twice a week. He kept giving me the excuse of 'Oh this isn't enough to go on, but maybe when he does something else, we can say "But hang on, you've done this as well" and he'll be in trouble', but never did this. Following a couple of scuffles in previous years (same head of year), when I had defended myself after being attacked, I always found myself in more trouble than the perpetrator (I didn't even harm them). The head of year told me never to defend myself, let them finish, and they will be in all the trouble, possibly suspended or expelled.

Remember the first boy? Well one time, he went berserk. I was doing my art homework in the morning, when he called me a 'suicidal, pig sucking *******'. I ignored him, and kept ignoring all the projectiles thrown at me, when suddenly, he jumped out of his chair, sprinted towards me, and threw me out of my chair. My head hit the radiator, but I did nothing as he grabbed me, punched me, bombarded me into walls and tables. He went on for a good ten minutes, but I kept my hands in the air to show everyone I was not participating. I must have looked like a dunce, but I knew he would be in trouble.

I then went straight to the head of year, and gave my statement and possibly 50 witnesses, including canteen staff members. The next morning, the teacher came to me, giving me an after school detention, calling my parents in and assigning me to weekly before school counseling sessions. I asked what was happening to the boy, and he said 'nothing'. He topped it off with "But he's not getting away Scotsfree, I'll have a word with him". He didn't even do that. From that day forth, everybody recognized that boy as 'the guy who got to freely beat up (my name) who everybody hates, and then get him into an after school detention' "WHAT A LEGEND!!!" That event was a catalyst for similar events to occur, but I never reported them because I knew it would be worse off for me as it was.

I have never felt so betrayed in my life, and that was the cause of the severe depression I know live with...

Sorry for the length :tongue:, I just thought some background was necessary.

-KJ
Me and my 3 friends Getting told off by a supply teacher for wearing pumps as school shoes even though there allowed it was funny lol
Swine flu
Original post by Kyloias
Well tons of people here have worse experiences than me, but I'll give mine anyway. :smile::smile:

At my school there was one kid who hated me, God knows why. He was extremely Islamophobic and always stole my stuff, threw stuff at me. He also used to get other people to do this and even paid them to sometimes. This then became an anti-association against me, and whenever they saw me they would all stop their game and throw balls and rocks at me (breaking my glasses one time when they tried to pick me up).

Another guy who always thought (and still thinks) he was amazing at sports starting spreading rumors that I bit him (??) when I tackled him in football and he fell over (like a prat) in Year 7. Due to these rumors, all my friends left me, everyone hates me (now in Year 11) and the only "friends" I have are ones which will always leave me, laugh when I'm being bullied, and deny being my friend when a bully asks me who my friends are.

But the worst thing was in Year 9. The first boy I mentioned did all the stuff mentioned a lot more this year. One time he got the association to throw cheap pork (or bacon) sandwiches the school sold (he bought them all, or they were picked out of the bin) at me. He threw cutlery at me on countless occasions, including the common 'terrorist' slur as well as a couple of other names. I kept reporting these to my head of year (who at the time kept telling me to report anything to him), and I was in there probably twice a week. He kept giving me the excuse of 'Oh this isn't enough to go on, but maybe when he does something else, we can say "But hang on, you've done this as well" and he'll be in trouble', but never did this. Following a couple of scuffles in previous years (same head of year), when I had defended myself after being attacked, I always found myself in more trouble than the perpetrator (I didn't even harm them). The head of year told me never to defend myself, let them finish, and they will be in all the trouble, possibly suspended or expelled.

Remember the first boy? Well one time, he went berserk. I was doing my art homework in the morning, when he called me a 'suicidal, pig sucking *******'. I ignored him, and kept ignoring all the projectiles thrown at me, when suddenly, he jumped out of his chair, sprinted towards me, and threw me out of my chair. My head hit the radiator, but I did nothing as he grabbed me, punched me, bombarded me into walls and tables. He went on for a good ten minutes, but I kept my hands in the air to show everyone I was not participating. I must have looked like a dunce, but I knew he would be in trouble.

I then went straight to the head of year, and gave my statement and possibly 50 witnesses, including canteen staff members. The next morning, the teacher came to me, giving me an after school detention, calling my parents in and assigning me to weekly before school counseling sessions. I asked what was happening to the boy, and he said 'nothing'. He topped it off with "But he's not getting away Scotsfree, I'll have a word with him". He didn't even do that. From that day forth, everybody recognized that boy as 'the guy who got to freely beat up (my name) who everybody hates, and then get him into an after school detention' "WHAT A LEGEND!!!" That event was a catalyst for similar events to occur, but I never reported them because I knew it would be worse off for me as it was.

I have never felt so betrayed in my life, and that was the cause of the severe depression I know live with...

Sorry for the length :tongue:, I just thought some background was necessary.

-KJ

That is a horrible situation I can't believe your parents haven't moved you to another school!!!!
I wouldn't allow my kids to continue like that
Reply 37
having to sit with the worst students and listen to their rants about their problems and how all teachers are unfair
When I was in year 7/8 (can't remember which) I had a maths class, I was asked to handout the text books to everyone by my teacher and he left the classroom. So I handed out all the text books and I saw that one girl didn't have one, I looked for another text book near the teachers desk but couldn't find any. The girl came up and was angry that she didn't have a textbook. I don't remember what she said but after she finished speaking she kicked me in my leg and started throwing her arms at me, at that moment the teacher came in and she starts crying in front of him. WTH. So we were both sent to the vice head teachers office and told to write down what happened however they didn't believe me and I was suspended for a couple of days.

Late to the party, but I'd say the daily torment/bullying from other pupils was the worst thing about school for me (there were also the occasional scuffles). By the end of secondary school I would keep to myself bar a select few, and was completely unfazed by anything that was ever said to me. Basically moulded me into an emotionless mess.
(edited 7 years ago)
When I was in year 7/8 (can't remember which) I had a maths class, I was asked to handout the text books to everyone by my teacher and he left the classroom. So I handed out all the text books and I saw that one girl didn't have one, I looked for another text book near the teachers desk but couldn't find any. The girl came up and was angry that she didn't have a textbook. I don't remember what she said but after she finished speaking she kicked me in my leg and started throwing her arms at me, at that moment the teacher came in and she starts crying in front of him. WTH. So we were both sent to the vice head teachers office and told to write down what happened however they didn't believe me and I was suspended for a couple of days.

Damnn!!! That's so unfair. I would've probably got my parents involved if that happened to me (to back me up and complain for unfair treatment)

Year 2 - I punctured a sharp pencil into another person's hand & the lead itself got stuck in her hand and I was sent home that day.

Year 9 - According to my teacher, my group and I didn't do our project to her "standard", and I started arguing with her in front of the class because at least we actually did the homework whereas another group didn't even hand it in and she still gave them a chance, yet we had to attend detention, and I specifically told her that group won't do the work. The next day we attended detention & she did not even turn up, and had we found out she went out for lunch with another teacher, we still did the work to her standard during that detention and left it on her desk & explained to another teacher to explain to her that we came.

Funnily enough, the next lesson she wasn't in, and she left a note for my group and I saying that she is extremely sorry for doubting us and she explained that the group that she gave another chance to do the work, didn't even bother handing it in.

After this whole stupid ordeal, everyone changed their perspective of me including the teachers, everyone thought I was the funny, innocent and quiet student, yet in fact I clearly wasn't :rofl:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest