The Student Room Group
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website

Roehampton University Applicants & Offer Holders 2017 !

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alex Pt
Which course(s) have you applied for? Criminology.

Have you got an offer? Yes, conditional.

What other unis have you applied to? Glyndwr, Derby, Birmingham City and Keele.

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't had a chance to visit just yet (i'm living 5hrs away from London) but I will be there in two weeks.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yep! I will choose any that can provide an en-suite bedroom and make me possible stay there all the three years...

What are you most looking forward to? Living in London (i never been there) and try to find nice societies to make new friends.

Anyone knows if Roehampton have any club/society of Martial Arts/ Combat Sports? ;-)
As Portuguese will be difficult for me to integrate on the Roe's environment?

I will be also taking the same course & i am also Portuguese too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Roehampton Library | Roehampton University
University of Roehampton
London
Visit website
Which course(s) have you applied for? Sociology

Have you got an offer? Conditional

What other unis have you applied to? Uwe, westminster, cardiff and city of london

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? No but it seems really good

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yeah i want to be in Whiteland's college

What are you most looking forward ? Meeting new people and being in a new atmosphere
Reply 22
Which course have you applied for?
Classical Civilisation
Have you got an offer?
Ye! Unconditional. (looking to almost definitely accept it but i'm waiting to see how the offer holder day goes first)
What other unis have you applied to?
Reading, Kent, Winchester, and Nottingham
Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think?
Yep, earlier this year! I really like it. pretty campus, close to central london, and I love the pet bunnies.
Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college?
Yep! I'm looking at living in Digby - hopefully in Lee house but we'll see!
What are you most looking forward to?
Meeting new people, living in London, more independence. (and the course lol)

If anyone else is looking to study classics there/is going to the offer holder day in april/has the same excitement about the digby bunnies, feel free to hit me up! :smile:
Reply 23
Original post by JamJamLee
Is anyone going to be doing classics or history ? Also what's the deal with freshers the fb page has me baffled ? XD
Thank you !

Hi! I'll be there doing Classics :>
Reply 24
Hey I have a conditional offer for biomedical science! think I will be firming! looking into accommodation and was wondering if anyone knew what college my course lectures would be at?
Reply 25
Original post by Char982
Hey I have a conditional offer for biomedical science! think I will be firming! looking into accommodation and was wondering if anyone knew what college my course lectures would be at?

Have a look on here :smile: https://www.roehampton.ac.uk/colleges/college-membership/
Original post by Char982

Hey, second year Biomed student here. All lectures will be at Whitelands campus. You'll only ever need to go main campus for library, exams or social events. Feel free to message with any other questions :smile:
Which course(s) have you applied for? Psychology

Have you got an offer? Yep, unconditional if I firm it!

What other unis have you applied to? Portsmouth, Oxford Brookes, Winchester and St Mary's

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I visited on an Open Day and an offer holder day and I really liked the uni :smile:

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? No, I'm planning on living at home

What are you most looking forward to? Meeting new people, joining societies and studying my favourite subject
Original post by Sarah1778
Hey, second year Biomed student here. All lectures will be at Whitelands campus. You'll only ever need to go main campus for library, exams or social events. Feel free to message with any other questions :smile:

Hey, would you say that most of your friends are in Whitelands then since that's where you spend the most time? :smile:
Which course(s) have you applied for? Criminology (extended)

Have you got an offer? I've also got and unconditional offer :h:

What other unis have you applied to? Greenwich, goldsmiths, southbank, anglia ruskin

Have you visited the uni yet? Not yet! I'm visiting on 5th April

What do you think? from what I've heard so far its a good uni and I'm excited

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Hopefully Digby Stuart

What are you most looking forward to? Being independant
Original post by Purple-Pixie
Hey, would you say that most of your friends are in Whitelands then since that's where you spend the most time? :smile:

Yh all of my friends are from Whitelands unless I knew them before uni. You will get to know other people from different campuses through societies, sports and events, or if you live on the other campus.
Which course(s) have you applied for? Sociology

Have you got an offer? Unconditional if put as my firm. Yesterday I put it as my firm choice so I'm definitely going!

What other unis have you applied to? Royal Holloway, St. Mary's, West London, Kingston

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I've visited it a few times now and liked it every time. The people there seem really friendly and I love the campus.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? No, I'll be living at home.

What are you most looking forward to? Making new friends, studying the subject I like and just being able to go to such a lovely looking campus everyday :smile:
Original post by Welkom
Don't worry about getting the accommodation where your lectures are. Mine are on Southlands and I got Digby accommodation, I can wake up at 8:45 and be showered and on time to a 9am lecture, literally a minute walk. Only one that is longer is Whitelands, which is a 10/15 minute walk.

How is the accommodation? I've heard some bad things.
Creative Writing
Have you got an offer?
I firmed up a conditional offer. I need 112 UCAS points to be accepted. Luckily I just need a triple pass on my BTEC to do that.
None. Went to the open day and fell in love with Roehampton
I've visited for an open day before christmas and the offer holder day on the 5th of April. I really like how communal the Uni feels and the beautiful parklands campus. It warms the cockles of my cold, dead heart.
Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college?
Absolutely. I applied for Digby seeing as that's where the creative writing course is located. I'd love to be in ensuite for Lee or Shaw house so I applied very early.
Meeting some fellow video game boffins and joining the societies so I can inflict myself on unsuspecting muggles. Also the lecturers I've met for Creative writing all seem really cool and I really like some of the modules like the Graphic Novels, and Gaming Narrative.
Reply 34
Original post by Evilopoly90
How is the accommodation? I've heard some bad things.

Depends where mate. Digby is generally good, the new build Elm Grove has a lot of problems, especially fire alarms going off at 2am once or twice a week, but supposedly these issues will be resolved before September. I'm in Lee and it's great, maintenance very quick to replace/fix anything broken, not too noisy but not boring either, it is what you make of it. I've heard Shaw is pretty much the same. Bede is a bit :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent: (shared bathrooms).

Honestly, there's nothing to worry about accommodation wise.
Reply 35
English Language & Linguistics
Have you got an offer?
Yes
Portsmouth, Winchester, SOAS, Brighton
No. I applied one day ago!
Yes
I'm a mature student, the grand old age of 28. Are there any other mature students here, what are the halls like?
Original post by maddiewhitehorn
Which course(s) have you applied for? Film and creative writing

Have you got an offer? Yes!!! Unconditional

What other unis have you applied to? University of Hertfordshire, Leeds University ,De Montfort and Kingston University

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't visited it yet, but I'm planning to in April on the offer hold days. It looks lovely

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? Yes hopefully living at Digby College's accommodation

What are you most looking forward to? Studying the subject I love, meeting new people and being even more independent and being in control of my own success.

I was wondering if anyone else was applying for the same course on me, on the same day. I'm going on y own and it would be helpful if i knew someone before i go, especially since i live about 3 hours away bu train.

Hi!!! Im also going to be studying Film & Creative writing!! I think you're the first person i've found thats matched with me!! Although i'm going for Southlands accommodation!!
Reply 37
Hi guys, looking forward to September!

Human Resource Management
Have you got an offer?
I have confirmed my conditional offer, and have completed my Access course and surpassed my conditions!
Kingston, Greenwich, Swansea and London College of Communications, but Roehampton has always been my top choice.
Yes, twice and loved everything!
Yes, I have applied for Elm Grove in Digby and I am really eager to hear back about accommodation. I applied in February so fingers crossed.
Looking forward to meeting new people and getting settled!
Hey mine is also hrm and have made it my firm choice.Hoping to have the best 3 years of my life.
Which course(s) have you applied for? Therapeutic Psychology and Psychology

Have you got an offer? I got conditional offers for both, make TP my firm choice and got an unconditional offer

What other unis have you applied to? Kingston university, Goldsmiths University, Hull University.

Have you visited the uni yet? What do you think? I haven't visited yet.

Are you planning to live in halls? If yes, are you thinking about any specific college? I'm living on campus not sure where yet.

What are you most looking forward to? Studying, getting a degree and meeting people

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending