The Student Room Group

Growing my Grades to Fruitful A's

Scroll to see replies

i am stressed, almost did my As NOTES IT IS just government and politics
Original post by mar1enneh
i am stressed, almost did my As NOTES IT IS just government and politics

Same here! So stressed atm!

And that is amazing to hear! The feeling of accomplishment when you finish your notes will be awesome!

What will you be doing over the easter holidays?
Hi guys!

I'm back - again; from my little break...again :argh: ...Man this whole 'commitment' thing sucks!

Oh well, at least I'm here once more. I might be here more often considering I find typing this out it quite calming for me - like a sense of control over my life, especially since exams are just over 5 weeks away :erm:

Yep...calculated that my first exam is 39 days away...great :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile::smile:

Anyway, not wanting to cause too much panic, let's all start off with what happened this week.

This week, fresh out of the 2 week easter break, was my mocks :eek3:

And they were not good ones. You see, for a good 8/14 days we were off, I was focusing on writing my notes down for psychology so my attention was hardly on chemistry and biology, or at least, I didn't really do any past papers, hence I don't think I have done that well.

The only thing that's allowing me to sleep at night is the fact that there are the mocks, not the real thing.

I haven't received my results yet but I'm really not counting on them to be great; I'd rather lower my expectations (way waaaaaaaaaaaaay lower them) so that I'm not not greeted with too much disappointment.

If it have done badly then what motivates me is what happened last year at AS. Basically I did horrifically bad (at least my standard of bad i.e. no Us but not a,b,c's either :emo: ). However, when it came to the exams in June, I didn't do that bad as I good 2Bs and 2Cs - in chemistry I had jumped from an E to a B! I was so proud!! :excited: ...kind off...like I knew they would not secure me a good prediction to go to medical school but I'm an optimist and I had a plan B - Take a gap year! :grin:

Whilst this isn't plan A, I really can't do anything unless I somehow go back in time. I can't just dwell on the negatives, so here I am...again...

Like I said earlier, this mini story of mine keeps me going as I know that if i put even more effort then I will get the grades I want - and need - in order to reach my goals.

Hope this story was a little inspiring for y'all. Not exactly a success story but just really to point out that it isn't really the end - yet :broken:

Keep strong guys! :flower:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending