The Student Room Group

How do you revise?

How do you revise for your exams?

I'm taking my first AS Law in less than a month!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rebeccael28
How do you revise for your exams?

I'm taking my first AS Law in less than a month!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I love bullet pointed lists and everything organised! I like colour coded notes so theory is in black, case names in dark green, case ratios in red. I then read over the page that I'm on and try to memorise it by reciting it without looking while pacing my room. And it has to be said out loud otherwise I can't remember it. Sometimes, I'll write it on a mindmap instead on an A3 sheet of paper. For AS, the main thing is to be able to learn it rather than apply it. Application more come into it in A2.
For AS I literally just copied the textbook multiple times and it worked quite well. Past papers are good btw, bc similar questions often come up.
Reply 3
Both AS and for A2, all I do is rewrite the text book numerous times, whilst doing past papers throughout. Worked well for me last year at AS! :wink:
Original post by Rexar
Both AS and for A2, all I do is rewrite the text book numerous times, whilst doing past papers throughout. Worked well for me last year at AS! :wink:

does that work if u start from now for a2 lol
Reply 5
Original post by Kaneki Ken
does that work if u start from now for a2 lol

As in you are sitting A2 in a few months? But yeah it works for me for A2!
Original post by Rexar

Did you start in the Easter holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by DatSmartGuy
Did you start in the Easter holidays

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did for AS yeah, this year tho I started a bit sooner but have been slacking lately
Original post by Rexar
As in you are sitting A2 in a few months? But yeah it works for me for A2!

yep A2 and i need 120 ums points inc. B in chemistry
Reply 9
yep A2 and i need 120 ums points inc. B in chemistry

Yeah, im sure youll be fine!, Have you started yet?
Original post by Rexar
Yeah, im sure youll be fine!, Have you started yet?

hehe, yep with chem, ish with bio and no with history and no with psycology

i know this is NOT an excuse but ive serious ADD i cant concerntrate to save ma life but i really need the grades, its just i dont know how to study in a way that suits me
Reply 11
hehe, yep with chem, ish with bio and no with history and no with psycology

i know this is NOT an excuse but ive serious ADD i cant concerntrate to save ma life but i really need the grades, its just i dont know how to study in a way that suits me

Fair enough, im sure youll be fine.
I dont know what you like to do when it comes to revising but last year all I did was use the textbooks to learn the content (CGP books) and then past papers after.
I got 4 A's at AS so this definetly worked for me, especially for physics and psychology (although I have simce dropped psychology).
I don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending