The Student Room Group

042r Higher Officer Caseworker HMRC

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaySheehan
I dont think the election will have much of an impact, I received an invite to interview for another role in hmrc about 20 mins ago....

What role is this, may I ask?
Reply 61
I interviewed for the Front Line Manager a nearly a fortnight ago.

Would rather have the Officer Caseworker role (flexitime vs shifts)

Was more useful to try and get information from other internal candidates with regards to the accommodation issues.
Reply 62
An Eo position on Saturday Salford
Reply 63
Not Saturday sorry, auto correct messed up
Reply 64
Original post by Desimom
Hi, like wise waiting for Nottingham. Did you get through stage 3 or 4? I applied internally and received my provisional offer January and still waiting...let's hope we hear but last email only stated updates... not really hopeful on receiving start dates.😂

Stage 3 here too! As far as I know the previous campaigns are getting their formal now 🤔
Hello all. I'm new to posting. Waiting on leeds office.

Wanting to ask some advice (not from jamz - I simply dont trust anything you say - sorry). I know we are not allowed to actively campaign for a political parties when we are civil servants, but if we have only been given provisional offers, then I assume we are not classed as civil servants yet so those rules cant apply. However, I also do not want to jepodise any career with hmrc before i even start. What are peoples thoughts?

Let hope we get formal offers this week and then this question is moot.
Original post by HMRC-maybe

Wanting to ask some advice (not from jamz - I simply dont trust anything you say - sorry). I know we are not allowed to actively campaign for a political parties when we are civil servants, but if we have only been given provisional offers, then I assume we are not classed as civil servants yet so those rules cant apply. However, I also do not want to jepodise any career with hmrc before i even start. What are peoples thoughts?

You'll probably still be waiting for your Formal Offer by the time the next General Election comes around so I wouldn't worry too much about that.

You should be fine. In one of my current two jobs, we'e also not allowed public political leanings, but people do - some are even employed by certain parties as well as their job which, technically, forbids it. You haven't signed a contract so there's nothing that can be done.

"Permission to take part in political activities should normally only be refused where civil servants are employed in sensitive areas in which the impartiality of the Civil Service is most at risk."

Posts are regarded as sensitive if:

they are closely engaged in policy assistance to Ministers or to non-departmental Crown bodies - such as tendering advice or executing immediate minister directives

they are in the private office of Ministers or senior officials

they are in areas which are politically sensitive or subject to national security

they require the jobholder regularly to speak for the Government or HMRC in dealings with commercial undertakings, pressure groups, local government, public authorities, or any other bodies

the jobholder represents the Government in dealing with overseas governments.

the jobholder has a significant amount of face to face contact with members of the public. This is particularly important where the public might be expected to know of the jobholder's political activities and where the jobholder makes, or may appear to make, decisions directly affecting them personally.

Reply 69
Anyone called today?
Anyone called today?

On the other thread, someone has mentioned someone getting a formal offer for Belfast for an O campaign from 2015.
Any updates for Birmingham?
Reply 72
Original post by dontcallmesammy
On the other thread, someone has mentioned someone getting a formal offer for Belfast for an O campaign from 2015.

That's what jamz is waiting for isn't it?
Reply 73
Yeah he is, I am also. I got 5,5,4 and I'm number 27 on the merit list so not too optimistic of something quick

For the HO campaign that followed I got same scores but I'm 8th on that merit list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 74

Contact the recruitment team and ask the question. Keep the response for audit purposes.
Reply 75
Original post by SMK2016
Yeah he is, I am also. I got 5,5,4 and I'm number 27 on the merit list so not too optimistic of something quick

For the HO campaign that followed I got same scores but I'm 8th on that merit list

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised they gave out merit positions. When I asked for 042R they explicitly said no and quoted either the original advert or one of the initial communications - I can't remember which.

I reckon some good news for Liverpool is likely soon. Out or curiosity is anyone waiting on Liverpool HO from previous campaigns to 042R?
Reply 76
Original post by PMO1204
I'm surprised they gave out merit positions. When I asked for 042R they explicitly said no and quoted either the original advert or one of the initial communications - I can't remember which.

I reckon some good news for Liverpool is likely soon. Out or curiosity is anyone waiting on Liverpool HO from previous campaigns to 042R?

I hope you are right PMO!
How come you think so? Any info or just good feelings?
Reply 77
I hope you are right PMO!
How come you think so? Any info or just good feelings?

Good feelings. I reckon movement before end of Q1 (June) so formals maybe in next few weeks.
Reply 78
I hope so too 😊
Reply 79
Original post by Riz101
I hope so too 😊

You waiting on Liverpool HO?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending