The Student Room Group

What can I do with Health and Social Care Level 3?

Hello, I was just wondering which pathways would health and social care leads to
Original post by okkon
Hello, I was just wondering which pathways would health and social care leads to

It would be courses like nursing,midwifery, perhaps ot and physiotherapy.
It would be far better to do the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, which is worth three A Levels. The Level 3 is only equal to two. Agree with Claire as to the courses you can do. Include Social Work as well though.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by markova21
It would be far better to do the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma, which is worth three A Levels. The Level 3 is only equal to two. Agree with Claire as to the courses you can do. Include Social Work as well though.

Thanks for replying back! And sorry I forgot to add the extended subsidiary diploma as I am studying that right now, also do you think I could get into medicine with a foundation year? (i know it'll be very competitive with all of the A-Level students...)
You can be a babysitter!!
Original post by okkon
Thanks for replying back! And sorry I forgot to add the extended subsidiary diploma as I am studying that right now, also do you think I could get into medicine with a foundation year? (i know it'll be very competitive with all of the A-Level students...)

Only had a quick google but i can't find a medicine foundation year that accepts btecs i m afraid.
Reply 6
Original post by TheOGPrince
You can be a babysitter!!

That was very helpful
Reply 7
Original post by claireestelle
Only had a quick google but i can't find a medicine foundation year that accepts btecs i m afraid.

https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/mbbs-medicine-with-a-foundation-year

I checked this university I think they accept BTEC's but I'm not quite sure
Original post by okkon
https://www2.uea.ac.uk/study/undergraduate/degree/detail/mbbs-medicine-with-a-foundation-year

I checked this university I think they accept BTEC's but I'm not quite sure

that's a widening participation criteria foundation year so do you meet one of these?

Your household income is less than £35,000 per year excluding Government benefits. (proof will be requested)

You have been in Local Authority Care.

You live in the East Anglia Region (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire)

Reply 9
Original post by claireestelle
that's a widening participation criteria foundation year so do you meet one of these?

Your household income is less than £35,000 per year excluding Government benefits. (proof will be requested)

You have been in Local Authority Care.

You live in the East Anglia Region (Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Lincolnshire, Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire)

Yes I do the first one
Original post by okkon
Yes I do the first one

also your school has to have had less than 60% of students get 5 a*-cs in the year you did your gcses. I think you're best of emailing all of the medical schools that do foundation years and list all your qualifications then see what they say before getting your hopes up.
Original post by okkon

If you have the appropriate GCSE's Derby Uni will accept a NVQ level 3 for admission onto the Nursing BSc course
Reply 12
I did BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and I'm not a Child Nursing student, so it could get you into any nursing degree, possibly even midwifery etc.
I am currently doing a health and social care level 3 extended diploma and my course splits into 2 sections in the second year which are; general health and medical, nursing and midwifery. This can lead into professions such as; children's nurse, midwife, social worker, some universities even accept you onto criminology.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 14
If it's any use to the medicine route, i did level 3 ext diploma and now are uni doing nursing. Am considering the possibility of doing a medicine degree after working as a nurse for a few years as it's appealed to me since starting placements.
There is an opportunity to apply with degree without alevels and I know a couple of nurses who've done this, although you'd need to be realistically looking at first class honours and it is very competitive and you'd have to consider which unis are or aren't worth applying to. The nurses I know had been turned down a few times and had to do a pre entrance exam (I think it's called an MCAT or something) and pass thing. So it's possible... hard but possible!

This is all info from my own research and friends/ acquaintances I have studying medicine :-)
Original post by lorn.
I did BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma and I'm not a Child Nursing student, so it could get you into any nursing degree, possibly even midwifery etc.

What are you learning?
care home worker
community care worker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending