The Student Room Group

non-muslim guys would you date a muslim girl?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fatima1998
I never said that condoms are evil!!!!!!!
someone said to me that the main purpose of being in a relationship is having sex and that's the only difference is between a friendship and in a relationship so thats why i said from every relationship they want sex- do not blame on me for those things i never said.
thanks for your pleasant words

You clearly kept on bringing it back to sti's though so .... I gave you the other side of the argument that you failed to look at. People want to be in relationships for companionship, sex is just a very small part of a relationship. A relationship is so much more than just friendship. Are you saying being friends with someone means you're in love with everyone of them ... clearly not the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AmazingArry
You clearly kept on bringing it back to sti's though so .... I gave you the other side of the argument that you failed to look at. People want to be in relationships for companionship, sex is just a very small part of a relationship. A relationship is so much more than just friendship. Are you saying being friends with someone means you're in love with everyone of them ... clearly not the same thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that girl (op) is a muslim... and i dunno how liberal she is but contraceptions aren't allowed so that's why i didn't touch on that topic!
plus, that girl said that sex is the only thing that makes you feel like you are in a relationship not in a friendship
i haven't said anything like that about being friends with someone means....
people just make wrong assumptions
Original post by AmazingArry
I went a school where the general populous was Muslim and the school refused to teach people how to use one because the parents complained the year before because they said that a) it's unnatural b) it promoting pre-marital coitus c) they shouldn't be using one anyway if they were having sex with their spouse because the whole point was to procreate.... Islam, and all the Abrahamic religions have almost the same views of premarital sex and that is "don't do it!" Of course people do anyways but FFS don't give me crap because I said something that is true.

Posted from TSR Mobile

that's the parents personal opinion.. not Islam's. You are allowed to use contraception in islam sex is not just viewed as a way to procreate but also has a purpose of pleasure. As coitus interruptus , it may be "disliked" to ejaculate outside the vagina/use contraception but it is permissible.

+ "All forms of contraception (e.g. condoms, IUD, etc.) are permissible on condition that it is not used out of fear of poverty and also that it is consentual between husband and wife. "

Spoiler

Reply 143
Original post by RivalPlayer
If a Muslim girl is willing to "date" a non-Muslim guy then she'd be going against the teachings of her religion.

A lot of religious folk in general seem to cherry pick the rules they want follow. What's the point of calling yourself a Christian, Muslim, etc if you only observe some of the rules?

It's not cherry picking as such as it is breaking rules that arent seen as fundamental to the religion us as the 5 pillars or 10 commandments. I don't think a Muslim would say they would go to hell for marrying a non-Muslim just like I as christian don't think I would go to hell for having sex before marriage even though it technically isn't allowed, many people don't observe it
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 144
Shouldn't every rule outlined in a holy book be fundamental to someone who geniuely wants to commit to a particular faith?
I mean what's the point taking a half-hearted approach where some rules must be observed and others not so much?
The concept of dating doesn't even exist in Islam. Any kind of intimacy between unmarried individuals is forbidden.
This would fall under the Islamic law zina.

That would probably occur in the Abrahamic era and not so much in the 21st century. But yes I do think the OP is breaking a big rule in Islam by being in a relationship with someone who's not a Muslim but it doesn't mean she herself doesnt want to be a Muslim, just not follow that rule which to some extent is wrong. Idk about Islam but God gave man free will even though he knew they would sin and yes sinning is wrong but no person will live their life without sinning for this reason and not every person will go to hell so the rules are there to be broken it's just about self control I guess which is part of the test that is life
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
non-muslim guys would you date a muslim girl if she had limits on what you could do sexually with her? but you could still some stuff

or would you feel like you're missing out on sex during teen years and not even bother since your essential priorities are different?

Its haram for a muslim girl to be dating regardless if he's Muslim or not. It's forbidden in islam. Therefore, this is a dumb question.
Original post by pinkrox22310
Its haram for a muslim girl to be dating regardless if he's Muslim or not. It's forbidden in islam. Therefore, this is a dumb question.

I like that you joined TSR just to say this. :lol:
Yes, so in other words cherry pick the rules that she likes and dismiss the ones she doesn't like - completely defeating the point of identifying as a Muslim. What is the point of merely observing some of the rules? If you disagree with some of its teachings why bother with it in the first place? The OP is not sinning in ignorance - she is knowingly trying to circumvent a directive regarding relations between unmarried individuals whilst trying to maintain her status as a virtuous Muslim.

Spoiler

This (circumventing the rules of religion) just causes more problems in the long run imo. It would be better to just make up your own set of life principles altogether.

Islam is unlikely to have a sudden reformation so the best that we can hope for, I think, is a gradual one.

If we can agree that taking Islam 100 percent literally is undesirable, then there are two things that we can hope for: a) a mass conversion to secular liberalism or b) a Christianity-type reformation where the vast majority of people knowingly cherry-pick the best bits out of the religion and practise only those.

As much as I would prefer option a), I think pragmatically-speaking we should aim for option b).
My sisters married to a white guy non Muslim I don't think he cares very much..
I assume the whole sexual boundaries is a religious thing? (otherwise i don't see why you would mention specifically being a Muslim women)

I assume when you're talking about dating someone, that you've already been acquainted with them. And that you say dating you mean, where the end goal is not JUST sex, but also companionship and possibly marriage and kids.

A lot of girls have boundaries, at first. When they get serious, normally these types of limits fall away, as people get more comfortable with each other. My problem is, if you know you're dating someone who you could potentially see spend the rest of your life with, then why do you want these limits? I just feel a conflict of interest.

I may be taking a shot in the dark, but I'm guessing its to do with family and traditional values. If that is the case, then what else do you require from him? because i have a feeling that this may be only one of a few.

If a guy really loves you, he will want to date and please YOU and not JUST your family. He doesn't want to neglect what you truly want for the sake of your family, after all he fell in love with YOU, not your family. Don't live through other peoples happiness, you must have or create some of your own.

I personally would not date people, who you seriously aren't willing to go the whole length with. Either you'll be let down or, you'll let him down.
Original post by Josb
What's the point of being Muslim if you date non-Muslim guys and do some sexual stuff with them? both are completely haram.

You clearly don't want to be Muslim. Just leave your imaginary chains and enjoy freedom.

That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. So just because she goes out with guys she not Muslims :banned:
Reply 152
Original post by GreenBell
That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. So just because she goes out with guys she not Muslims :banned:

Just like you cannot claim to be vegan if you eat meat.
Original post by Josb
Just like you cannot claim to be vegan if you eat meat.

Yes because being vegan means eating no meat, that's the only thing you don't do when you are vegan. That is what defines being vegan, however within veganism you have many aspects, like some vegans eat honey and some don't because it's made from animals.

That's the same with Islam and being Muslim. The definition of being Muslim is believing in the one and only God and his prophets. The only thing that gets you out of Islam is shirk which is not believing in God.

Seriously, that's the most ridiculous argument you've made.
Reply 154
Original post by GreenBell

That's the same with Islam and being Muslim. The definition of being Muslim is believing in the one and only God and his prophets. The only thing that gets you out of Islam is shirk which is not believing in God.

It's the same definition for Christians and Jews. Everyone of them believes in the same God.

The difference between these religions is their holy book and its commandments. Deliberate rejection of such orders de facto makes you no longer a follower of the religion; that is why sinners go to hell with disbelievers - who have de jure left religion. God doesn't make distinctions between them.
yes lol. cause im not a racist. muslim girls are bae <3
I'm currently in a LDR with one now :h:
It is the very best <3
Original post by Josb
It's the same definition for Christians and Jews. Everyone of them believes in the same God.

The difference between these religions is their holy book and its commandments. Deliberate rejection of such orders de facto makes you no longer a follower of the religion; that is why sinners go to hell with disbelievers - who have de jure left religion. God doesn't make distinctions between them.

'The one and only God and his prophets' - which includes prophet Muhammed and I'm pretty sure Christians and Jews don't believe in him.

So... not believing in God AND prophet Muahmmed included = Shirk = not being Muslim.
Muslims just like non Muslims make mistakes, errors of judgement and commit sins. We are not perfect...

Having a boyfriend, Muslim or otherwise, does not take you out the fold of Islam. It is however a major sin and you would be hard pressed to find a practising Muslimah who would have a boyfriend, IE a continuous day to day relationship.
this is an older thread but why would a muslim girl even go out with a non muslim? dating is haram anyway. what would be the point in dating someone who doesnt believe in the same god as you? very strange

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending