The Student Room Group

We need to have WW3

The whole world is in turmoil and realistically, the only way to stop it is for there to be a war between many countries so that eventually they will have peace talks. Usually there is a large war every 30 years (cold war, ww2, ww1 etc) meaning we should be having one soon. What are you views on this?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 1tnedutS
Usually there is a large war every 30 years (cold war, ww2, ww1 etc) meaning we should be having one soon.

Do the wars in Iraq, Syria, Korea, Afghanistan, Libya, Darfur, and every other ongoing conflict on this page not count?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ongoing_armed_conflicts
The whole world is in turmoil and realistically, the only way to stop it is for there to be a war between many countries so that eventually they will have peace talks. Usually there is a large war every 30 years (cold war, ww2, ww1 etc) meaning we should be having one soon. What are you views on this?

We could always recolonise India for the banter.
No, it is a recipe for disaster and a situation unlikely to happen, it's all scaremongering techniques.
When you say we need world war, do you intend to be the first into the fray? Or do you intend to watch the action on TV while eating Domino's?
(edited 6 years ago)
There's a large war every 30 years? No there isn't. The last proper war between great powers was 1939-1945, before that 1914-1919, and before that 1803-1815
Reply 6
Original post by Quantex
When you say we need world war, do you intend to be the first into the fray? Or do you intend to watch the action on TV while eating Domino's?

To be perfectly honest, watching TV, I am too westernised.
To be perfectly honest, watching TV, I am too westernised.

Ah yes, because shooting people is an entirely foreign concept to the british. We've not been involved in an armed conflict since 1066 or something.
Reply 8
Yes, I know there are wars around the world but these are mainly to do with terrorism, Im not saying we HAVE to have world war 3, it just it seems it has to go like that. These are mainly terrorist organisations and infighting which western countries have joined in to distract from troubles within their government (eg the US with Syria)
Reply 9
Well, the British dont have conscription is what i meant
who else is only here to pree other peoples reaction to this ??

I used to think that but after reading 'The Forgotten Soldier' by Guy Sajer I have to disagree.

Wars are always won by the wealthiest side anyway, not the one that would improve the world.
Reply 12
Original post by l_nleya

Im trying to start a discussion, obviously im not supporting millions of deaths of innnocent people but to do with politics, its looking like ww3 might happen soon and not just a far off joke
Reply 13
Original post by Hans_Westmar
I used to think that but after reading 'The Forgotten Soldier' by Guy Sajer I have to disagree.

Wars are always won by the wealthiest side anyway, not the one that would improve the world.

Thanks, ill have a read of it when i have more spare time
Reply 14
:biggrin:
lool prsom
Original post by l_nleya

meeeeeee
my life is poo so why not ?
Reply 18
Original post by David Camerooon
After the hammering from tory cuts, it's more likely that India could colonise us lol. We only have 80k soldiers left

At least we have trident :biggrin: (for now) although i disagree with nuclear weapons completely
Well, the British dont have conscription is what i meant

In the event of a global war of the scale you suggest we 'need', that would no longer be the case; you'd be in uniform.

Still keen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending