The Student Room Group

OCR A level history 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by unknowntsr
hi, im sorry to be a pain but do by any chance have crusader notes or essays that I can look at? I’m feeling a bit :frown:

I have a couple of essay plans and notes if you want me to add them as revision sources somewhere.
Anything specific you'd want me to add?
Is anyone doing changing nature of warfare for unit 3? Can someone give me their essays to look at as examples. Seriously struggling with the thematic aspect and incooporating enough knowledge
Original post by EstelOfTheEyrie
I have a couple of essay plans and notes if you want me to add them as revision sources somewhere.

thank you so much. Specifically just crusader states and the interim between the 2nd and 3rd crusade because there’s so much there.
I too would appreciate these essay plans, kind stranger.
Hey, I'm doing civil rights as well, do you have any interpretation essay questions other than the ones in the textbook or revision guide? I want to practice them some more but I've done them all now 😬
Anyone doing the Cold War in Europe? How are you feeling for it??
Reply 66
Does anyone have any good resources for Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964? my exam is in a week and i could really use some help !!
I'm doing:

Unit 1: From Pitt to Peel - Britain 1783-1853
Unit 2: Spain 1469-1556
Unit 3: The Ascendency of France 1610-1715

I enjoy History a lot! Essays are quite difficult though, I get As often but I just can't crack that top boundary no matter how hard I try :redface:

(EDIT - I'm doing the reformed A Level so I'm not sitting any AS exams in History)
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by georgialennon
I'm doing:

Unit Y104: England 1377-1455
Unit Y221: Democracy and Dictatorships in Germany 1919-1963
Unit Y319: Civil Rights in the USA 1865–1992
Happy to help if anyone has any questions/issues, or needs resources, with/for any of the above units:smile:

Im doing the same Unite Y221 - how are you revising?
Original post by poppyclarke7
Im doing the same Unite Y221 - how are you revising?

I've currently been revising from my own revision powerpoints, using the headings from the specification to direct my specific focuses.

Planning essays also seems to be quite helpful.
Original post by y33zus
Does anyone have any good resources for Russia and its Rulers 1855-1964? my exam is in a week and i could really use some help !!

I'm in the same boat; I think a friend sent me the exemplar paper if you want me to add it onto TSR.
Have you bought or had a look at the new revision guide? It's quite useful
Reply 71
I'm in the same boat; I think a friend sent me the exemplar paper if you want me to add it onto TSR.
Have you bought or had a look at the new revision guide? It's quite useful

That would be great thank you!! Yeah I've got the revision guide and it's really good for example questions, but do you know where I could find more model answers?
Anyone else doing Russia 1855-1964 at A2?
Reply 73
Original post by violeta23
Anyone else doing Russia 1855-1964 at A2?

Yeah I am! I have the exam on Friday
Original post by y33zus
Yeah I am! I have the exam on Friday

Lol me too. How are you feeling about it? What questions do you think will come up?
Reply 75
Lol me too. How are you feeling about it? What questions do you think will come up?

I'm very very nervous about it, i really want to get an A in History. I honestly have no idea as it's a new spec so could be absolutely anything aha, how about you?
Original post by charlottewilso98
Hey, I'm doing civil rights as well, do you have any interpretation essay questions other than the ones in the textbook or revision guide? I want to practice them some more but I've done them all now 😬

What revision guide are you using for civil right USA 1865-1992? Do you have any essay or notes I can have for revision ? Thank you

I too would appreciate essays plans thank you
Original post by y33zus
I'm very very nervous about it, i really want to get an A in History. I honestly have no idea as it's a new spec so could be absolutely anything aha, how about you?

What mark did you get for your historical essay?

I'm nervous too. Really nervous. I dunno for the essay questions but for the interpretation Q. I think it'll be something on Khrushchev.
Reply 79
What mark did you get for your historical essay?

I'm nervous too. Really nervous. I dunno for the essay questions but for the interpretation Q. I think it'll be something on Khrushchev.

Do you mean the coursework? We don't get our marks until results day:frown:
I really need to practise interpretations lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending