The Student Room Group

OCR A level history 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LORLORLORLOR
How is everyone feeling about synthesis?

Not too bad - I mean if you just talk about different sections of the period in comparison with each other then your creating synthesis for the period...I just don't think it's a good idea to actually write the word 'synthesis', it makes it sound so artificial...
Does anyone have ANY predictions for the challenge of German nationalism exam paper for tomorrow? Any help would be amazing
For those doing Ireland from 1790-1922 does anyone know the structure you're meant to use for the interpretation question
How was your exam guys , I thought it was semi difficult
Anyone do changing nature of warfare ?
Did anyone do the challenge of german nationalism paper? If so, how did you find it?
How did you find the Russia 1855-1964 paper for those who did it? What question did you choose not to do and why?
On a general note for the interpretation question, how do you answer it well? I think my technique was very flawed even though I wrote so much because I used a lot of own knowledge . But is evaluation analysing the credence and saying whether it's right or not
Original post by NomadPrincess
Did anyone do the challenge of german nationalism paper? If so, how did you find it?

I think I did alright, kinda messed up the economic factor question though..
Reply 109
Did anyone do civil rights? How did you find it and what questions did you do?
Reply 110
I didn't do the Lenin an nationalism paper... Because nationalism 😂
I'll be damned if anyone else here did Renaissance
Reply 112
Any one here know if they base the grade boundaries on all the units? Or will it be different boundaries per unit?
Original post by meganm0ore
I'm doing
Unit 1: England 1199-1272 (John and Henry II)
Unit 2: Cold War
Unit 3: Tudor Rebellions

I do John and Henry, and Tudor Rebellions as well - how did you find the exam?
Original post by violeta23
How did you find the Russia 1855-1964 paper for those who did it? What question did you choose not to do and why?

Didn't do Lenin and nationality one
Original post by salma.k
Did anyone do civil rights? How did you find it and what questions did you do?

I did. Interpretation question was very hard, wasn't expecting AA's to be the essay question as well as the interpretation. Having said that, answered the AA essay question fairly comfortably and also chose the women question as well. Slightly ran out of time though. How'd you find it?
Original post by beth.stoney
I do John and Henry, and Tudor Rebellions as well - how did you find the exam?

I did the Tudor rebellions paper. Generally, I feel like the paper was a lot easier than I expected it to be. Didn't even have to use a lot of the info that I memorized :s-smilie:
Russia 1855-1964 will probably be low grade boundaries.

The interpretation was quite easy but the essay questions prevented a thematic approach and thus many people wouldn't put the levels of synthesis is required to get the top marks.

Were everyone else essay topics quite closed off. Asking for comparisons of events instead of themes?
Original post by Movementmoments
Russia 1855-1964 will probably be low grade boundaries.

The interpretation was quite easy but the essay questions prevented a thematic approach and thus many people wouldn't put the levels of synthesis is required to get the top marks.

Were everyone else essay topics quite closed off. Asking for comparisons of events instead of themes?

Which essay questions did you choose?
Original post by Hmiddleton99
Did anybody do question 4 on the German nationalism paper on was Prussian dominance the main reason for division, and if so how did you structure it?

I did this question and omg I was not prepared for a question like that to come up. I didn't know how to use a thematic approach since the question was worded funny, however I did question 2 and found that more doable

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending