The Student Room Group
London South Bank University
London

Is anyone else still waiting on an offer from LSBU for Nursing Sept 2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Afuaa
No I haven't I called southbank and I was told the university will let us know when to do the crb. Have you done yours

Didn't you tell me you filled in the dbs form online? Isn't that's the same thing?
London
Original post by nelfran29
Didn't you tell me you filled in the dbs form online? Isn't that's the same thing?

Hi, I filled mine in online too, there was a link in the offer letter on UCAS, but I was under the impression that when we do our face to face enrolment they will check our ID and then they will be able to authorise our online form, then it gets sent. So we won't get our DBS certificate until after our enrolment x
Original post by Sarah_78
Hi, I filled mine in online too, there was a link in the offer letter on UCAS, but I was under the impression that when we do our face to face enrolment they will check our ID and then they will be able to authorise our online form, then it gets sent. So we won't get our DBS certificate until after our enrolment x

I have been advised to bring in our ID documents as soon as, we still need to bring it in during enrolment but still need to do this to get our DBS done too.

I've been given conflicting info tbh I don't know what to do, I'm due to attend the head start day in July I will bring my docs then. And hopefully find out the process again.

Have you sorted occupational health yet?

I need to print out that form and take it to my nurse to get it filled in there may also be a charge not looking forward to that, I was expecting the occupational health team to do a simple blood test which will show what we're immune too and so on and then give us the vaccines we need but no we have to pay a fee of £20 to get a form filled in and then complete a health questionnaire then visit occupational health team :frown:
I have been advised to bring in our ID documents as soon as, we still need to bring it in during enrolment but still need to do this to get our DBS done too.

I've been given conflicting info tbh I don't know what to do, I'm due to attend the head start day in July I will bring my docs then. And hopefully find out the process again.

Have you sorted occupational health yet?

I need to print out that form and take it to my nurse to get it filled in there may also be a charge not looking forward to that, I was expecting the occupational health team to do a simple blood test which will show what we're immune too and so on and then give us the vaccines we need but no we have to pay a fee of £20 to get a form filled in and then complete a health questionnaire then visit occupational health team :frown:

Oh OK! Yeah that does sound confusing 😕
I'm going to go to a head start day in July too so will do the same, although I need to order a new passport because my dog ate my brand new one that was posted 😤 Can't afford to replace it until I get paid on the 26th so it may be cutting it fine for the head start day.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, we don't go on placement until 5/6 weeks after we enrol so we have plenty of time to sort it all out. I need to take the OH form to my GP's too, the surgery I work in charge £20 but I think my GP may charge more as they charge more for letters ☹️
I think they get you to do the form because most people are covered for most things already and I guess doing blood tests for everyone would cost too much?
Oh OK! Yeah that does sound confusing 😕
I'm going to go to a head start day in July too so will do the same, although I need to order a new passport because my dog ate my brand new one that was posted 😤 Can't afford to replace it until I get paid on the 26th so it may be cutting it fine for the head start day.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, we don't go on placement until 5/6 weeks after we enrol so we have plenty of time to sort it all out. I need to take the OH form to my GP's too, the surgery I work in charge £20 but I think my GP may charge more as they charge more for letters ☹️
I think they get you to do the form because most people are covered for most things already and I guess doing blood tests for everyone would cost too much?

I've been to OH previously and that's what they did they took bloods lol.

Also 5/6 weeks isn't enough time to allow for a DBS since there isn't a fast track service at the moment DBS are ranging between 3-6 months so I'm told, especially london applicants. Will deffo have to wait and see. So did you check the date for your head start day online? Mine is deffo the 3rd July at 10am which is not too early.
I've been to OH previously and that's what they did they took bloods lol.

Also 5/6 weeks isn't enough time to allow for a DBS since there isn't a fast track service at the moment DBS are ranging between 3-6 months so I'm told, especially london applicants. Will deffo have to wait and see. So did you check the date for your head start day online? Mine is deffo the 3rd July at 10am which is not too early.

Well my college sent off for dbs for me and it didn't take long, apparently it's quicker if you already have one that isn't too old. I booked the headstart day it's on 12th July 👍
I will just ask them about the dbs then and take it from there x
Well my college sent off for dbs for me and it didn't take long, apparently it's quicker if you already have one that isn't too old. I booked the headstart day it's on 12th July 👍
I will just ask them about the dbs then and take it from there x

I did my DBS years ago like 2012, so I don't know
I did my DBS years ago like 2012, so I don't know

Hi, I just found some things that I printed from the lsbu website after I did my online DBS form, this seems relevant 👍 ImageUploadedByStudent Room1497093294.943406.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148

Yes I did but after you fill the forms online, it will tell you to go to the university to present them with your documents so they can process your application
Hi, I just found some things that I printed from the lsbu website after I did my online DBS form, this seems relevant 👍 ImageUploadedByStudent Room1497093294.943406.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

What are you gonna do?

Hi @Sarah_78 So are you gonna fill it in then take your ID docs to uni then Hun? I'm going to my head start day on 3rd July so I thought I may aswell submit my ID Docs then, also I just received my certificate for another company so

I doubt my DBS will take long now like you said when you have already done one the subsequently ones shouldn't take very long.

Thanks for sending me a screen shot of this means a lot.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Afuaa
Yes I did but after you fill the forms online, it will tell you to go to the university to present them with your documents so they can process your application

Have you presented your documents yet?
Reply 151
Have you presented your documents yet?

That is what am telling you that, I called them to ask when I can bring the documents and I was told the university will let me know
Original post by Afuaa
That is what am telling you that, I called them to ask when I can bring the documents and I was told the university will let me know

Oh now I understand thanks Hun x
What are you gonna do?

Hi @Sarah_78 So are you gonna fill it in then take your ID docs to uni then Hun? I'm going to my head start day on 3rd July so I thought I may aswell submit my ID Docs then, also I just received my certificate for another company so

I doubt my DBS will take long now like you said when you have already done one the subsequently ones shouldn't take very long.

Thanks for sending me a screen shot of this means a lot.

No worries, yeah I'll take them in once I've got my new passport, probably won't be until end of July, beginning of Aug though.
Let me know what they say when you take yours in on your head start day x
No worries, yeah I'll take them in once I've got my new passport, probably won't be until end of July, beginning of Aug though.

Yes I will darling I'll put it in my diary and I'll make sure I'll message you ok Hun x
Yes I will darling I'll put it in my diary and I'll make sure I'll message you ok Hun x

Thank you x
Thank you x

Your welcome Hun x

Hi @Sarah_78

Hope your okay :smile:

Just to let you know I've taken in my ID docs and my DBS has been approved and currently at stage 4, which will be printed soon. I also sent you a private message aswell as promised. I've also attended my headstart day and found out the process for DBS and occupational health, it might be wise to have some questions prepared so you don't forget anything. I've also received email sent from the library team which has been useful. Let me know :smile:
Hi @Sarah_78

Hope your okay :smile:

Just to let you know I've taken in my ID docs and my DBS has been approved and currently at stage 4, which will be printed soon. I also sent you a private message aswell as promised. I've also attended my headstart day and found out the process for DBS and occupational health, it might be wise to have some questions prepared so you don't forget anything. I've also received email sent from the library team which has been useful. Let me know :smile:

Hey, thanks for getting back to me. So was the head start day useful? I've got mine on the 12th, I won't have my passport by then but I will just take it in once I receive it. So did you start your DBS application on line? Or did you just fill in the paper form at uni?
Hey, thanks for getting back to me. So was the head start day useful? I've got mine on the 12th, I won't have my passport by then but I will just take it in once I receive it. So did you start your DBS application on line? Or did you just fill in the paper form at uni?

@Sarah_78

Hi Sarah,

So as you know I have an offer at London South Bank University. BSc Adult Nursing (Havering Campus) September 2017 intake :smile:

I applied for my DBS online I found the link directly on their website
https://disclosure.capitarvs.co.uk/cheqs/

Please visit: http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/courses/course-finder/adult-nursing-bsc-hons#course_tab_prepare_to_start

I took my ID documents to the Havering Campus that's the campus I applied for. I took my passport, driving licence and council tax letter, they scanned and sent it straight to DBS who have now received my application, the DBS team emailed me a couple of days later to confirm they had received my application it does take 60 days to receive the certificate so I would urge you to get yours completed now. I also have 11 weeks until I start university so I want to be well prepared. My start date is 18/09/2017 :colondollar:

I also completed the occupational health questionnaire online, I received a phone call from the occupational health team yesterday they wanted to clarify the details on my form, I should now receive an email from them between now and August with an appointment. I was also required to get my GP or practice nurse to complete my vaccination history on a form also found online, I made an appointment to see the practice nurse they only had a list of 2 vaccinations given on the system so I'll need a blood test at my occupational health appointment to determine which diseases I'm immune to if I need booster they will give them to me free of charge.

OH:
https://www.healthquestionnaire.co.uk/lsbu2017/

In terms of the head start day, our course leader ran through the DBS process and occupational health, the librarians talked us through referencing and study skills. There are also study skills workshops coming up at both campuses, have you received an email yet? I am yet to book, need to query some dates first. It's a great way to prepare us for what's to come and to find out the services and support available while we're there.

Check out the lsbu website for full instructions and guidance before applying, hope this helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending