The Student Room Group

Arabic gcse

How was everyone's Reading and Listening?
Original post by RazorM
How was everyone's Reading and Listening?

not too bas, I found the listening paper easier
Reply 2
Original post by zainab8501

For me it was the complete opposite,reading was fairly easy for me while I think that I messed up quite a lot in writing.How many marks do you think you got in each paper?
Reply 3
Struggled badly to understand Question 8 in the reading. I had no idea what they were talking about.

Any tips for Thursday's written? And - are you going to take a dictionary into the exam?
Original post by zainab8501

Reading was easierrrr. The last question though always seems to mess me up lol especially if I'm doing the course over 6 months
Original post by PVR1
Struggled badly to understand Question 8 in the reading. I had no idea what they were talking about.

Any tips for Thursday's written? And - are you going to take a dictionary into the exam?

Yup of course lol I need it
Reply 6
Original post by PVR1

Tomorrow's scaring me:frown:
Reply 7
Original post by Talal Bakoush
wait what I haven't been told anything about a dictionary being allowed, you lot on the edexcel exam board?

Ayy I recognize your name.
Did you used to got to the Arabic School in Ealing?
Yes we do have a dictionary.
Reply 9
How was everyone's writing?
Reply 10
Original post by RazorM
How was everyone's writing?

I thought the tasks were fair. Dictionary really helped!

Now I'm thinking of all the mistakes I made :smile:

You?
Reply 11
Tbh it was easier than expected. All 3 reading listening and writing. But then again that can mean i failed 😂😂😂.
Reply 12
Original post by Havy0
Tbh it was easier than expected. All 3 reading listening and writing. But then again that can mean i failed 😂😂😂.

Probably means you were well-prepared :yy:
Reply 13
Original post by PVR1
Probably means you were well-prepared :yy:

I hope so😂😂
Reply 14
Original post by PVR1

You?

Yh writing was fine for me too apart from the fact that I wrote a lot more than 70 words in the first section but then again I only used up the space that was given to us and in all the examiner reports there were students who wrote over 100 words in the first section and still got full marks.
Reply 15
Original post by Havy0

Haha, same I kind of messed up on the one thing that I had planned to do to make my essay better. Basically the plan was to use an arabic proverb in my essay but I ended up forgetting words from the proverb and messed up on that which is pretty annoying lol.
Reply 16
Original post by Sean16
Haha, same I kind of messed up on the one thing that I had planned to do to make my essay better. Basically the plan was to use an arabic proverb in my essay but I ended up forgetting words from the proverb and messed up on that which is pretty annoying lol.

Ah yes... probably exam stress and the time pressure. Happens!
Reply 17
Original post by PVR1

You?

Minor for me
hey so I'm in yr 10 and I have my reading and writing mocks tomorrow. am I allowed a dictionary for the writing mocks or is it only in the real thing
I have my mocks tomorrow. can I take a dictionary for the writing

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending