The Student Room Group

Why are guys so put of by sexual partners a women has?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by loveleest
I guess this is a 'spin off' but a lot of guys are really put off buy a women having 15 sexual partners?
Firstly women can easily lie and secondly, if a women is std free then why does it matter?
I don't know one women that cares if a man has slept with lots people but when a women has it's a taboo.
And what is funny is that a lot of guys claim they want an "experienced" women but don't want a high number of partners.
So men of tsr, what is the real reason for not wanting a women having 15 sexual partners.
Inb4 "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself". Lol no I have not.

Because sleeping around shows little self respect. No one wants a girl with no dignity, insecure or not.
Reply 141
Some of these replies are showing that most straight men truly have no respect for women which is sad. They are only attracted to us, nothing more.

As an 18 year old with a conservative attitude to sex, these men are grim and disgusting and quite frankly their vulgar attitudes reveal more about themselves than other women.

"Used goods"... this reflects the backwards ideas of Victorian England where women were merely property to be wagered off to another man. The fact that male chastity isn't held to the same standard reveals their explicit sexism - and quite frankly, why would a girl want anything to do with a man who is clearly so shallow and insipid?
Original post by eden3
MAYNE dat **** was clean werent it?! I read it from the HOLY BOOK OF GAINZ after I finished praying to LAWD GAINZ

That was CLEEEAAAANNNN.........

Mayyyyyyyyynnneeeeeee you got some holy action goin!! Ain't no demons gonna be suckin you owff n breaking your back
I guess this is a 'spin off' but a lot of guys are really put off buy a women having 15 sexual partners?
Firstly women can easily lie and secondly, if a women is std free then why does it matter?
I don't know one women that cares if a man has slept with lots people but when a women has it's a taboo.
And what is funny is that a lot of guys claim they want an "experienced" women but don't want a high number of partners.
So men of tsr, what is the real reason for not wanting a women having 15 sexual partners.
Inb4 "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself". Lol no I have not.
Lel love how you question why its stigmatised but then finish your point with "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself".

Anyhow I think any deviation from the norm is questioned, be it virgin particularly with men but also "excessive" partners.
High amount of partners could signal other issues.
Depends.

As a guy if I'm not looking for anything meaningful it doesn't matter, just use protection.

If I want a meaningful relationship then there is an element of scepticism because the interaction itself can be less meaningful to the other person and you could just be another number. Everyone wants to be special to the person who is special to them.
They want to be the alpha "hoe"

Spoiler

im not fussed, if she hasn't got STD and she's good looking, she can be ma wifey. At the end of the day it's natual to have sex and most of us have different sex drive. Mine is not as high, but i can respect the fact that the women needed to sleep with a lot of people. lol :biggrin:

@Future.

Because I think it makes them look cheap and easy, the feeling gets taken away when you know the train already left the station 30+ times.

I would not go sleep with 30+ people hence I don't find it attractive when some desperate girl has :smile:
Original post by YourGoddamnRight
I'm guessing your one of those lost feminists, so I'm not even going to argue because you've already taken it the wrong way, and nobody can win when arguing with you people.

Dont play the feminist card some soft guys are always whining about feminists. Eitherway if expressing dislike at being thought of as a tampon or piece of meat 'used goods' is feminism then surely its a good thing.
Original post by 0lm
Because sleeping around shows little self respect. No one wants a girl with no dignity, insecure or not.

I dont get this self respect thing, if a girl enjoys sex how the hell is she disrepecting herself.. do you think that your mate who sleeps around is disrespecting himself?
Lol most of these comments are purely to just trigger females
I read the first two pages and gave up.

The double standards were too much to handle.

Guess men just want to feel like they are special for getting a certain woman in bed and that they are not just one out of many other men who did that.
Original post by inthedark1
I dont get this self respect thing, if a girl enjoys sex how the hell is she disrepecting herself.. do you think that your mate who sleeps around is disrespecting himself?

It's the same for boys and girls. 'Lad culture' is just as degrading for guys involved. It's all down to the opinion. But I wouldn't be interested in someone who has meaningless sex frequently; it is not attractive. It should be special and it should be savoured, not dished out like its nothing. I would have difficulty developing a meaningful relationship with someone who has such a 'decorated' past with people they had no attachment to.
Insecurity

/thread
Original post by Michiyo
I read the first two pages and gave up.

The double standards were too much to handle.

Guess men just want to feel like they are special for getting a certain woman in bed and that they are not just one out of many other men who did that.

Well as I've said in this thread, attraction isn't rational. Double standards are a problem in a rational framework. Animals, including humans, are far from purely rational. People are trying to logically justify their preferences, and failing. Personally, I see no need to try so hard. We prefer what we prefer. It's hard to change, and generally pointless to dwell on. I suppose a lot of people have a problem admitting their irrationality in this regard.
I saw this little saying somewhere, even though I don't agree with it, but it's this:
If a key can open many locks, then it's a good key, but if a lock can be opened by many keys, then it's not a good lock.
I just don't even know tbh but this has always stuck with me weirdly like I don't like it but it kinda makes sense I guess I don't even know
Reply 156
If it's not serious then it doesn't matter to me how many partners she's had. If we're talking about a relationship however, fewer partners is preferable because it demonstrates a reticence to sleep with people on a whim.

That being said, I don't tend to ask about it and women with a high number will knock a few off anyway. After all, if you're in a sexual relationship with someone, you know how reticent she was.
Original post by trustmeimlying1
Lel love how you question why its stigmatised but then finish your point with "You are asking this because you have slept with 15 guys yourself".

Anyhow I think any deviation from the norm is questioned, be it virgin particularly with men but also "excessive" partners.
High amount of partners could signal other issues.

Nooo...i was saying how people are going to assume I have slept with 15 guys for asking this question.
****boy isn't equivalent to slut, it's reserved for guys to **** people around. Everyone knows that.

If people don't like being called out for that, tough.

In addition, there's '****girl'. I have no sympathy for people with those labels.
Original post by maneet_23
I saw this little saying somewhere, even though I don't agree with it, but it's this:
If a key can open many locks, then it's a good key, but if a lock can be opened by many keys, then it's not a good lock.
I just don't even know tbh but this has always stuck with me weirdly like I don't like it but it kinda makes sense I guess I don't even know

I heard it but think in a positive way :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest