The Student Room Group

GCSE results day countdown - Congratulations! You've got this :)

It's just a short while until results day (although it definitely doesn't feel like that!), and as is tradition on TSR, here is the GCSE results day countdown thread:party::party::party:

IT'S TODAY!!!

So, get settled in by introducing yourself and answering the following questions:

What GCSE subjects did you take this year?
How do you feel exams went?
How do you feel about results day?
What do you expect your results to look like?

How many days left: https://daycalc.appspot.com/08/24/2017 (just in case I'm slow at updating the title)
Let's get to know each other better!

Useful Links
Sleeping and preparation tips
Grade boundaries thread
Post your results!
Didn't do as well as you hoped?
Retake and "remark" information
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

1. I took maths, additional maths, English language, English literature, Spanish, French, Latin, Biology, Chemistry, Physucs and Religious Studies.

2. Okay a few difficult exams, but overall went okay! (Although that French listening was shockingly bad!)

3. Not sure, I'm really worried - just hope I don't get any Bs!

4. 5A* 5As (or above)
I took maths (edexcel), English language (AQA), English literature (AQA), biology (AQA), chemistry (AQA), physics (AQA), history (OCR SHP), German, (edexcel), Italian (edexcel), Computing (OCR) and Religious Studies (OCR B Phil. & Ethics) which I completed last year.

I thought the exams went mostly well, some were harder than others, but Computing was definitely the hardest.

I'm feeling nervous.

I am aiming for 5A*s, 6 As but realistically I think I got 4A*s, 5 As and 2 Bs
Reply 3

Maths (Edexcel), English Lit & Lang (AQA), Biology (AQA), Chemistry (AQA), Physics (AQA), ICT (Edexcel), French (AQA), History (WJEC), RE (WJEC)

*Breathes in*
(1 stands for Unit 1, 2 for Unit 2 and so on...)

French Reading > Chemistry 1 > Chemistry 3 > RE 1 > Physics 1 > Maths 2 > History 1 > English Literature 2 > Biology 3 > ICT > English Language 1 > Chemistry 2 > Maths 3 > Physics 2 > English Language 2 > History 2 > Biology 1 > French Listening > English Literature 1 > Physics 3 > Biology 2 > RE 2 > History 3 > Maths 1.

Overall,

Chemistry > French > ICT > English Lit> Physics > RE > English Lang > History > Biology = Maths

Possibly could go wrong, probably not.
I cant stop thinking about it, and all the outings and YouTube wont flush it out!!!
I just want it to come and go tbh... just want to know how I did, then move on.

I hope people won't be upset with this, but

Spoiler

(edited 6 years ago)

I took Maths, English, Triple Sciences, ICT, RS, French, Geography and History.

All of them were mostly fine except for French. Both reading and listening were terrible, listening was the worst exam I have ever done in my life.

Worried a bit but trying to take my mind off it :biggrin: (Hoping that French has not just ruined my life :smile:)

I think I got 2A*s, 7As, 1B and 1C - the C is in French but my lower confidence is telling me I got like a U because that's how bad the exams were... I also might get 2Bs because P2 and P3 exams did not go as smoothly as I thought it would go.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by CoffeeGeek

I took Maths, English, Triple Sciences, ICT, RS, French, Geography and History.

All of them were mostly fine except for French. Both reading and listening were terrible, listening was the worst exam I have ever done in my life.

Worried a bit but trying to take my mind off it :biggrin: (Hoping that French has not just ruined my life :smile:)

I think I got 2A*s, 7As, 1B and 1C - the C is in French but my lower confidence is telling me I got like a U because that's how bad the exams were... I also might get 2Bs because P2 and P3 exams did not go as smoothly as I thought it would go.

Hi which French board did you do? I did AQA and found the listening hellish!!
Original post by mysticmagic2000
Hi which French board did you do? I did AQA and found the listening hellish!!

I'm on AQA too. And yup, it was written by the devil.

Spoiler

Reply 8
How am I feeling about result's day? Extremely nervous
What do I expect my results to look like? If I am being honest 3 A*s, 3 As, and 4 Bs but I would like 5 A*s, 3As and 3Bs
How do you feel exams went? For Maths I absolutely ****ed it, I really hope I don't get a B or below
(edited 6 years ago)
English Literature, English language, Maths, Additional Science, RS , Spanish, Dance, Health and Social Care and History-(I took Core Science last year).

How do you feel your GCSE exams went?
I feel as though many of the modules I hoped for came up which was quite a delight, although Spanish Listening was horrendous. I hardly understood any of what the people were saying although OCR did admit to using dialect terminology within the exam therefore, many of the words within the Vocabulary List didn't come up which was quite a shame. Moreover, I believe Maths Paper 2 didn't go to plan and I fear that I didn't do as well as I hope I have done in the other 2 papers.

Not to Great. I have this weird stomach feeling which continues to worsen every time the thought comes to mind that I've actually completed my GCSE exams. I have a fear of failing which just stresses me out more I just really want to be able to pursue the subjects I'm really interested in at A level and then continue with Education at a higher level.

maybe, 5 a* and the rest just A's but i did really **** in Spanish sooo idk it's clear I will not reach my predicted grades of all A*'s but I'm hoping for the best, I just hope to not be crying once I do get them on August 24- ugh this experience has been so daunting smh.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by The RAR
How am I feeling about result's day? Extremely nervous
What do I expect my results to look like? If I am being honest 3 A*s, 3 As, and 4 Bs but I would like 5 A*s, 3As and 3Bs
How do you feel exams went? For Maths I absolutely ****ed it, I really hope I don't get a B or below

FFS maths was just out of the blue they were nothing like the "MOCK SPRING PAPERS 2017" which annoyed me so much
Original post by Lemur14
It's just a short while until results day (although it definitely doesn't feel like that!), and as is tradition on TSR, here is the GCSE results day countdown thread:party::party::party:

39 days to go!

So, get settled in by introducing yourself and answering the following questions:

How many days left: https://daycalc.appspot.com/08/24/2017 (just in case I'm slow at updating the title)
Let's get to know each other better!

First page :woo:

(1) I did English lang, English lit, maths, physics, chemistry and biology IGCSEs and history, religious studies, French, German and Latin GCSEs.

(2) Pretty well except I totally screwed up biology and may have screwed up history. Thankfully, everyone else found biology hard too, so I think I'll do ok still.

(3) Nervouuus :s but it still feels like we have a while to go.

(4) 9 A*s and 2 As; 10 A*s and 1 A if I'm lucky. I might do worse, depending on the grade boundaries for RS and chemistry (still fairly confident about chemistry though,because paper 2 went very well).

I took AQA maths, AQA English language and English Literature, Edexcel Core Science, Edexcel BTEC Music, AQA Citizenship, WJEC ICT and R.E, AQA History, OCR French and Spanish.

How do you feel your GCSE exams went?

Very well overall, apart from English literature paper 2 and perhaps the Spanish listening (foundation), which I did not do as well as I had hoped in.

I feel ok about it, but a bit worried too, mainly because of maths, because it's not my strong subject and I want to get the grade I want in it, however I did feel I did pretty well on all three of the exams.

I expect to get As in French and Spanish (maybe Bs, but I want As), a 5 or maybe a 6 in English language, a 4 or 5 in English literature (I want a 5, but I'm worried that I won't get it because of my paper 2, I missed out a whole section which was so stupid of me) a 4 or 5 in Maths (I really want a 5, ideally, but wouldn't be surprised if I got a 4), a B in Core Science, a B in Citizenship, a C or B in ICT, a C or B in R.E, a Merit in BTEC Music, a C, B or A in History (maybe more likely a B), (I initially expected I was going to get an E overall in history before I started revising last minute, which built up my confidence for the exams, and both the exams went pretty well). I did Medicine Through Time and Nazi Germany for History. So overall I'm expecting mostly Bs. I'd like a few As and at least one A* if I'm lucky.
(edited 6 years ago)
What GCSE subjects did you take this year?- Art, Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, French, History, Maths, Media, Physics
How do you feel exams went? I can't tell, sometimes I feel like I've completely aced them all and then other times I feel like I haven't even gotten a mark.
How do you feel about results day? Anxious, I just want to get it over with...
What do you expect your results to look like? Well I want 998 5 A*s AB but at this rate I'm predicting 876 1A* 3As 3Bs (I will die if that happens/if I get lower I swear I will stop breathing)

Usual maths, science and english. Options were: Business studies (AQA), Computer Science (OCR) and Geography (WJEC B)
They went quite well but maths was a little worrying as i want 7 or above. But good.
How do you feel about results day? I feel excited but as it draws closer nervous.
What do you expect your results to look like? 4 A*'s, 3 or 4 A's, 1 or 2 B's
Which GCSE subjects did you take?

Maths, English lit, English lang, Latin, German, Spanish, Geography, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, RS (last year)

How did you feel exams went?

Honestly I was quite frustrated with how the exams all went. I felt that I had done what I could in preparation but in the moment the stress got to me and I made ridiculously stupid mistakes.

I am stressing beyond belief.

Expected results (fingers crossed):

Maths A*, English lit A*, English lang A, Latin A*, German A*, Spanish A*, Geography A*, Physics A*, Chemistry A*, Biology A*, RS achieved A* (last year)
English Literature (AQA), English Language (AQA), English Language London Board (Edexcel), Mathematics Higher (OCR), Science Unit 1 (AQA), Religious Studies A Unit 1 & 2 (AQA), Spanish Higher (OCR), French Higher (OCR), History A Unit 1A + Unit 2D (AQA), Photography (AQA).
(TMI ikr..)

There hasn't been one exam where I came out crying. I found every exam quite easy. I feel like for Language Paper 1 I should have focused more. Oddly the hardest exam was the Spanish Listening; the last two exercises I guessed COMPLETELY! :angry:

I don't physically feel as nervous as I emotionally am. I feel more excited than nervous, because after those long and tiring months of just staying home not breathing in a breath of fresh air and just the dust off of my notes, I really hope that it all paid off!

What my teachers predict:
Photography: A* Science: B Math: B English Language: A* London Board: A* English Lit: A French: A History: B Spanish: A Religion: B

What I Predict:
Photography: A* Science: A* Math: A Language: A London Board: A* Literature: A* French: A History: A Spanish: A/B Religion: A/B

Realistic Results:
Photography: A* Science: B Math: A/B Language: A London Board: A* Literature: A French: A History: A Spanish: A/B Religion: B

I am so excited to open my results paper in front of everyone and CRY! :s-smilie:
GCSE subjects:
EDEXCEL - Maths, English Lang and Lit, History A, RS
AQA - Biology, Chemistry, Physics, French, Business, Level 2 Further Maths
ECDL - IT (lol)

Feelings after exams:
I think other people will understand me when I say none of them went badly but a few (French listening, english, maths paper 1, history paper 3)I was unsure of whether it was enough to get an A*/8/9 . It's like I'm pretty sure I did my best in every exam but was it enough for an A*? I don't know.

Results day:
Not thinking about results day at all until like the week before. I strongly recommend people to just chill out and enjoy their summer which is what I've been doing. It's too early to be bringing up school bs when the lower years haven't even finished school yet lmao. Results day is at the back of my mind until mid-august then the anxiety can begin.

Expectations:
Been predicted 9 A* 3 A, I think that's definitely attainable. Would love to see 12 A*s (9 in maths and english lang and lit + A^ in FM) but whether this will happen is a complete mystery to me because I just don't know. I don't want to EXPECT xyz results but this is what I would like to have given the work I've put in throughout the year.
I did Maths, eng lang, eng lit, triple science, rs, further maths, computing, psychology and history.

I think I got a 8 in maths, a*'s in science (isa's helped me), a in Further maths and an A in everything else.

Don't even talk to me about english. I was watching Mr Bruff 24/7 so I better end up with a decent grade !
grade boundary predictions for edexcel maths?

Latest