The Student Room Group

Is the Dark web real?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by CuriousSherlock

I Have to satisfy my curiosity, or it'd take up a large proportion of my thoughts, incessantly and obsessively. I just need to preserve my safety but still play around on it. In this case I suggest Tails, or Ubuntu.

To protect yourself from the malicious content, you will need to be on Linux. This is because they hackers mostly attack the windows users, hence why it is dangerous to visit it from Windows.

To keep yourself anonymous, you will need either TOR which is a browser or I2P. TOR will pass you through Guard Node, Relay Node and Exit Node. You will have to make sure that the relay node which will make you basically invisible. However, you must make sure that nodes that you are going through, are not malicious themselves, because they are owned by private companies mostly.

Again, this is for educational purposes, I don't recommend visiting the deep web at all. It is my area of expertise and I hardly ever go on it. There is nothing there to see!
Original post by CuriousSherlock
This thread is utterly intriguing, not tempted to derail at all, they are insignificant in comparison!

Please convince her!!!

(Thanks! For opening up a new obsession!).

I Have to satisfy my curiosity, or it'd take up a large proportion of my thoughts, incessantly and obsessively. I just need to preserve my safety but still play around on it.

Going by the amount of warnings and my hanging-by-the-thread self-preservation, I probably need to research more about TOR itself.

I think I'm going to search the internet for a person knowledgeable about this, meet up with them, learn more about it and use their equipment to access it. Hopefully they won't harm me. (PM me if you're willing to help further :smile: ).

This is all so intriguing.

The dark web is not as interesting as you think.
Original post by _princessxox
snake

Original post by Pirko
rah it's like that now

well u guys think idk what I'm doing :frown:
Original post by Steljoy
To protect yourself from the malicious content, you will need to be on Linux. This is because they hackers mostly attack the windows users, hence why it is dangerous to visit it from Windows.

To keep yourself anonymous, you will need either TOR which is a browser or I2P. TOR will pass you through Guard Node, Relay Node and Exit Node. You will have to make sure that the relay node which will make you basically invisible. However, you must make sure that nodes that you are going through, are not malicious themselves, because they are owned by private companies mostly.

Again, this is for educational purposes, I don't recommend visiting the deep web at all. It is my area of expertise and I hardly ever go on it. There is nothing there to see!

Best and most useful post in this entire thread!
Original post by chanel_666
well u guys think idk what I'm doing :frown:

bc you don't :smile:
Original post by Imperialistic
Best and most useful post in this entire thread!

Thanks dude! Appreciate the comment :h:
bc you don't :smile:

r00d
@chanel_666

So to explain what the dark web is. The majority of the internet is inaccessible via search engines etc. and is known as the deep web. This is mostly legitimate and is mostly data storage such as in academic institutions to store research or medical records. However, there is a criminal part which is the dark web where the technical invisibility is exploited as the true worst parts are found here. You need to use TOR to access it. There is a theoretical deeper layer known as Mariana's web.
yeah never use windows you'd need to use tor or 12p or change your os to tails

how do you change your primary os to tails permanently
Original post by pablo.escobar

I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but if it is I have no idea

Why do you want to use Tails? its probably the most boring linux distro ever + most windows compatible software don't run on Linux!

Spoiler

But to do that you will have to make a bootable USB drive(RUFUS USB Loader does that)

Then you would have to install the OS from the USB drive after fully formatting it.
(edited 6 years ago)
I'm pretty sure it's not possible, but if it is I have no idea

Have you been on the dark web before

I am pretty sure she hasn't been on the dark web lol, that's a crime most of the time
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Steljoy
Why do you want to use Tails? its probably the most boring linux distro ever + most windows compatible software don't run on Linux!

Spoiler

But to do that you will have to make a bootable USB drive(RUFUS USB Loader does that)

Then you would have to install the OS from the USB drive after fully formatting it.

So I can have one device strictly for browsing the dark side
Just use a virtual machine if you want to go on tor on windows...simplest way since virtual machines can change mac and OS at a click of a button
So I can have one device strictly for browsing the dark side

I take it you're a troll + I don't like the fact that you used "Dark Side"

but yes

No, but if I had I wouldn't be telling people
Original post by chanel_666
i am intrigued

The deep web is real. The deep web is any part of the internet you need a password to enter, so I've been there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Steljoy
I am pretty sure she hasn't been on the dark web lol, that's a crime

it's not illegal to just browse it
it's not illegal to just browse it

He said Dark Web, Not Deep Web

Most of the websites there are illegal to even visit without TOR
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending